RACE & TrackFever Racing Join up for Calabogie Round

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RACE & TrackFever Racing Join up for Calabogie Round

RACE & TrackFever Racing Join up for Calabogie Round

RACE will join TrackFever Racing for a round of the RACE series. June 1st, 2nd and 3rd at Calabogie.
    AM #299
    TZ250
    Racing 299 Blog

Re: RACE & TrackFever Racing Join up for Calabogie Round

AM #299
    TZ250
    Racing 299 Blog

Nice! But too bad the class that my bike is decent in, is not running at Calabogie. Ah well, it'll be good for the 600 riders.

You'd have to detune that FZR of yours to make the 80 and under hp limit

Finally regional racing clubs are working together to provide a benefit to their customers, regional racers. It only took 3 years for people to talk to one another for their mutual financial benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Nice! But too bad the class that my bike is decent in, is not running at Calabogie. Ah well, it'll be good for the 600 riders.

Beef that 400 up for the weekend. There will be some 125gp and 250gp there for sure plus some SVs and who knows what else for the under 80hp. It's going to be a good time no matter if you podium or not. I'm going to race at that weekend. I'm not getting any younger.
    AM #299
    TZ250
    Racing 299 Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Jayv View Post
    You'd have to detune that FZR of yours to make the 80 and under hp limit
    Yes, I see that they have a less-than-80-hp class, but it doesn't directly cross over to any of RACE's classes, and I'd get stomped on by SV650's. I may do it anyway, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    Finally regional racing clubs are working together to provide a benefit to their customers, regional racers. It only took 3 years for people to talk to one another for their mutual financial benefit.
    Not true just because you dont see it doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Celine asked us to do Calabogie months ago as they lost their shirt last year and I declined. I have attempted to have a working relationship with RACE for years only to be shot down by Gautier. Chris and I communicate regularly but he is an employee and cannot make calls and the owner has no vision. TFR is getting pressure from ASM and RACE had a tough year last season so this is a good move for both.
    As for Bogie SOAR will never be there until changes are made.The track isnt safe is my first reason, the second being the cost. I suspect that RACE isnt contributing money its simply an exchange of events where TFR hopefully gets their numbers up and RACE gets extra TFR riders for their round. Wont work for SOAR as we would get no riders from Quebec and I cant in good conscience have a SOAR round at Calabogie.
    I suspect that RACE will do better than TFR in this deal. The costs for bogie are outrageous and the costs to protect it are even more. Last year they put out 800 bales. Just for reference it takes 2500 for Mosport so 800 doesnt even come close (yes I said the same thing to Celine). (BTW its $3/bale) thats on top of the other costs.
    I suggest anyone who wants to go better get there as I cant see this happening again.

Well there you have it folks.
    Don't bother going it's all *****. Unless it's a SOAR event it's crap.
    I think I'll still go to this dangerous piece of crap weekend anyway. It will be crap but I want to go.
    AM #299
    TZ250
    Racing 299 Blog

As usual overreacting. The post I quoted suggested we dont talk. Thats not accurate. As I corrected that the next post will be "Why doesnt SOAR do it? " I posted before it came to that, is all.
    But normal paranoia takes hold again and ......... as usual. I never said dont go. I simply put out there a little of the politics behind the scenes but I am sure you know waaaaaay more about this than me. Right? Cherrypicker knows all or so they think. If I had agreed to Celines proposal would RACE have done it? I doubt it.
    I did the VIP day there in 06 before they opened as I was looking at doing SOAR there then and was invited by the owners. I was contacted in 09 about bringing SOAR there in 10 again by the owners. It didnt happen because of safety. It still wont happen for the same reason. Which is exactly what I told to Celine face to face (but we dont talk....).Thats my opinion. If you want to go then have at it. You are not the one signing the cheques and having to sleep at night making decisions for many (not just you)I am. I hope the event goes well. I really do believe it or not. I want both to do well and I want Calabogie to see that bikes are worth the effort and expense to make improvements. Its fine in a trackday not in a race (again my opinion). There are still guys recovering from PCSB years ago. Again my opinion but I am the guy that has to answer to families and insurance companies.How about you?
    I have to ask why the hell you have to condemn my comments as some kind of slight to you, RACE, TFR,Pro6 etc? Does what I say mean that much? I have been told it means jack $$$$ and I dont know anything so why do you care what I post?
    Go have fun. Helll people race IOM, Macau, Northwest 200 etc we all have our own limits and acceptable risk.. This is above mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyola View Post
    Unless it's a SOAR event it's crap.
    I didn't get that impression from that post at all. I get a "telling it like it is" impression. Note that if the arrangement is what I think it is, RACE won't be operating this weekend or be responsible for it in any way (and TF won't be operating the RACE weekend or be responsible for it in any way). Whole different ball game being responsible for it.

I'll probably go to this weekend, but knowing certain issues with that track, there are certain places that I don't want to push it too hard ...

Very cool - def look into coming to watch as I've been waiting for a long time to see some racing there. Missed it the first time round.

Now I just have to cozy up to a marshall to get a good seat!

I think it is great someone is trying it and that two organizations are working together. I do agree however that Calibogie is too expensive for Soar to be running races there.

Speaking only for myself, I think this was an awesome idea and I hope it all works out that way.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes20 View Post
    I think it is great someone is trying it and that two organizations are working together. I do agree however that Calibogie is too expensive for Soar to be running races there.
    I'd pay double to ride at bogie, the smooth track, elevation and amazing scenery at the track/driving there...are all worth it. I don't plan on doing any track days at trailer parks/parking lots anymore...wait, someone once said my opinion doesn't count cause I'm not a racer, just a tracker

Oh how I love Bogie!Totally off topic, but you can also get amazing shots there at any track day:

*~Maggie~*

You are correct Ken (as usual). I may have overreacted to your post and taken it the wrong way but I don't think so. I have no doubt that as nice as your post may almost read it was a jab at the event. If the 1st post wasn't the 2nd one is. You are the self appointed expert in everything motorcycle and I understand your vast experience and knowledge far outweigh anyone's. You know "waaaaaay" more than I, I admit. I just don't see Chris or Celine or executives from any other race organization ever come onto a public form like this a run down one of your SOAR events with inferences and back handed comments. But they maybe professionals.
    Ken, do you get the feeling people are following you? Because I didn't mention RACE, TFR or Pro6 or Cherrypicker in my response to you did I? Maybe it's just your "normal paranoia taking hold again".
    AM #299
    TZ250
    Racing 299 Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Gurl View Post
    I don't plan on doing any track days at trailer parks/parking lots anymore...wait, someone once said my opinion doesn't count cause I'm not a racer, just a tracker.
    All that matters is having fun.

I agree Bogie make for the best photos. That photog there worked his arse off to get in places to get the shot. Not an easy thing to do given the terrain. Sadly I think he has moved on from Bogie.
    AM #299
    TZ250
    Racing 299 Blog

Bogie is a amAzing track. You can lean to your hearts desire the track is soo sticky.

This has been refreshing. We haven't had a RACE/CP versus SOAR/GTAM bitchfest in a while now.

Swoar sucks!!! R.a.p.e. Rules!!!
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/