Quote Originally Posted by gjones4487 View Post

Are there any R6 riders out there that have done any touring? with any ideas on how to secure luggage? pictures would be awesome.
I dont have an R6 but my CBR600 should be a good enough reference for your needs.

To start, I had saddlebags and a drysack that spanned across the rear seat and the saddlebags.

I used bungee cords as you can see in the picture. There are 4 main bungee cords that need to be used.

Hook one of them to an anchor point in your undertail, pull it back behind the drysack, cross it over toward the front to the opposite side (left-to-right/right-to-left), hook the other end to your rear footpegs. Do those for each side. Now you will have an "X" on the top of your drysack where the bungee cords intersect.

Hook another bungee cord from your undertail, pull it straight out to the side (90 degree angle from your bike), bring it up and over the side of your drysack and hook it up to the intersection of the "X". Do this for both sides. Now you will have bungee cords in a * pattern on the top of your dry sack. If you wish, you can attach additional bags to the * intersection as I did in the picture with my toolkit and spare visor. You can use additional tie-downs/bungee cords for peace of mind but 4 was all I needed.

I also added 2 bungee cords (not shown in this picture) to secure the luggage a little better. Where you see the red tiedown on the right, I replaced that with bungee cords and I hooked the ends of the bungee cords to the anchor point in my undertail. That way it makes sure that the load stays secure.

Also if you really need it, you can attach a tent to your bike as well. Just slip it under one of the bungee cords used in your "X" from the previous step. I put my tent in a garbage bag.