Tuner in Toronto

Thread: Tuner in Toronto

Tuner in Toronto

Can anyone recommend someone that will tune a supercharged zx10. No will touch a turbo or blown bile and those I found that will are Mickey mouse ghetto. It's just way too rich

Re: Tuner in Toronto

good luck buddy, you want to play, you got to pay....big bucks.

What do you need TUNED?

I already have a cd with 100 maps provided by the maker of my kit, all they need to do is choose an appropriate map based in my a/f. I don't see why any shop can't do this. The base map intended to start with is rich to be safe but this is crazy I get about 35 kms to a tank before I'm on reserve. But I'm Also wot everywhere I go

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja10kid View Post
    I already have a cd with 100 maps provided by the maker of my kit, all they need to do is choose an appropriate map based in my a/f. I don't see why any shop can't do this. The base map intended to start with is rich to be safe but this is crazy I get about 35 kms to a tank before I'm on reserve. But I'm Also wot everywhere I go
    RIDERS CHOICE can dynotune

...I get about 35 kms to a tank before I'm on reserve.
    Sounds like it was a good investment...
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Originally Posted by Ninja10kid
    ...I get about 35 kms to a tank before I'm on reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    Sounds like it was a good investment...
    Can you even make it to the next station or out of city limits? hahah
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Z1 Cycletech in Thornhill.

www.z1cycletech.com

Frankenstein cycle?

You will probably have to do a portion of this yourself.

Fuel consumption during normal riding mostly depends on the 10% and below throttle positions. At such light engine load, your supercharger shouldn't have much effect, and you're never going to burn up a valve or piston at light load like that.

Normally you have to sneak up on leaner settings, but if it is as abysmally rich as it appears, it's likely quite safe to subtract 10 from the entire 0, 2, 5, and 10% columns as a starting point and see what happens. Don't be surprised if you end up with some negative numbers - my own PowerCommander map for a similar bike (but not supercharged!) has some areas that are below -30% adjustment.

If it runs better with that first adjustment then go 5% at a time, again do this to the entire columns. Keep right on going until you start feeling flat spots or lean misfires, then you know you've gone too far in the RPM range in which you notice that feeling, so backtrack a couple percent at a time in that specific RPM and throttle position range. DO NOT use this method to at higher throttle settings. It's quite safe only at cruise and moderate acceleration.

Ideally what you want to do is install an air/fuel ratio gauge and an intake manifold pressure gauge (not quite the same as a boost gauge - you want to measure what's happening downstream of the throttle for this). Air/fuel ratio 15.0 - 15.5 is fine for lean cruise with manifold pressure showing at least a bit of vacuum. 13-ish with manifold pressure near normal ambient pressure (not under boost). Under boost, it has to be rich, but how much ... is hard to tell and I don't want to venture a guess. The usual procedure for a normally-aspirated engine is to optimize the air/fuel ratio at full throttle for best torque output, but with supercharging (and stock compression ratio!) that setting could be dangerous.

35 km to a tank?? this is a typo right??

Can anyone recommend someone that will tune a supercharged zx10. No will touch a turbo or blown bile and those I found that will are Mickey mouse ghetto. It's just way too rich

If you have a PC5 or a bazzaz unit I would look into getting the autotune added to it. Your bike is supercharged now. 5 degrees +/- either way in outside temp and humidity will give you pretty different maps to maximize the power and efficiency. I installed an auto tune on a supercharged vmax and it was amazing the results that came from it. Totally look into this before you decide to get it tuned, Especially wanting to get it tuned in the winter months.
    mikeymoto