You all heard about this new motorcycle TV show?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You all heard about this new motorcycle TV show?

Thumbs up You all heard about this new motorcycle TV show?

Last edited by jiggatwist; 01-31-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Wanted to add poll?!

Re: You all heard about this new motorcycle TV show?

Ya..

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...Motorcycle-com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HOT LAP Motorcycle Game Show Partners with GTAMotorcycle.com

Monday, November 14th, 2011 (Toronto) – HOT LAP, the new reality television game show that pits amateur sport bike riders against a cast of amateur track day riders is pleased to announce a media partnership with one of Canada’s largest online motorcycle forums, GTAMotorcycle.com.

HOTLAP and GTAMotorcycle.com are cross promoting the TV show and rider community to manufacturers, enthusiasts and potential sponsors at the December’s Toronto Motorcycle Show, Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Furthermore, HOTLAP and GTAMotorcycle.com are both attending the International Motorcycle SUPERSHOW at the International Centre in Toronto, January 6-8, 2012 during the filming of the HOT LAP launch event.

“GTAMotorcycle.com has been creating and nurturing a community of track day enthusiasts since 1999,” says the show’s producer and host Andrew Shaw. “This community represents our intended audience for both competitors as well as TV viewers. We are excited to be working with them to promote HOT LAP,” adds Shaw.

ABOUT HOT LAP:
    The series is the first motorcycle racing game show where challengers race champions for the fastest lap of the day. This unscripted reality TV production is filming at 13 locations across Canada and the United States – at the world’s fastest racetracks. HOT LAP launches TV production in January 2012 at the Motorcycle SUPERSHOW in Toronto. For more information, visit the HOT LAP website at www.hotlaptv.com.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Exciting!!!!
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

I really hope they invest most of their money into production and a good host. There hasn't ever been a decent car/bike motorcycle show in Canada.
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

Banned

keep the drama, and "Jersey shore" type away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    keep the drama, and "Jersey shore" type away from it.
    You can't have a reality show without that crap. That's what current tv is all about.

This show vaguely reminds me of another reality racing show, Canada's next race car driver or something like that.
    2006 Yamaha FZ6 - 80k km and counting

Whats with the old bikes??

They lost me at "American Idol".

when does this start on tv??

"amateur sport bike riders against a cast of amateur track day riders"

Well at least there should be a lot of carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    Because they're don't look like they were designed with a straight edge

ZX7 FTW BABY!!
    Bikes:
    2009 EX250 SE - sold
    2003 ZX7R P8
    1992 ZX7/ZXR750 J2 (rebuilding)
    1996 ZX7 N1

Follow the progress of the ZX7 J2 build on my blog

I'm a little shocked at how low budget this looks! The "sizzler" looks ridiculously low budget! Canada's Worst Driver looks more polished and upscale!!! They keep saying "10 of the world's fastest...best...tracks" Pffft! Really, Cayuga?!?!?! I am stunned at how bad this looks!

If it was just a bit more honest I would enjoy watching it, but not when it tries and fails to punch above its weight like that! I would rather see a reality show of the Canadian racing scene in this current economic climate...something like the raw, almost sad honesty of Closer to the Edge. I would rather see die hard riders with day jobs racing and behind the scenes experiences. Making some lame game show out of this is lame, but then toping it off with self indulgent claims is an extra level of tacky.

Sorry but this doesn't do it for me at all.

Is that a typo on the main poster? How could someone misspell "and"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UltrA_09 View Post
    Is that a typo on the main poster? How could someone misspell "and"

LOL ye, I noticed it too!
    You think with all the money they're spending on promos/commercials etc. that they would proof read their ****... dumbasses. lol
    Last edited by in-your-face; 02-01-2012 at 09:52 AM.

I watched the " trailer " and it honestly looked like they only had a GoPro to shoot the show in. Looks extremely low budget / cheap. The grand prize is a bike ?...... chances are they will probably destroy countless before they make it too the end.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Quote Originally Posted by awyala View Post
    I'm a little shocked at how low budget this looks! The "sizzler" looks ridiculously low budget! Canada's Worst Driver looks more polished and upscale!!! They keep saying "10 of the world's fastest...best...tracks" Pffft! Really, Cayuga?!?!?! I am stunned at how bad this looks!

If it was just a bit more honest I would enjoy watching it, but not when it tries and fails to punch above its weight like that! I would rather see a reality show of the Canadian racing scene in this current economic climate...something like the raw, almost sad honesty of Closer to the Edge. I would rather see die hard riders with day jobs racing and behind the scenes experiences. Making some lame game show out of this is lame, but then toping it off with self indulgent claims is an extra level of tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
    I watched the " trailer " and it honestly looked like they only had a GoPro to shoot the show in. Looks extremely low budget / cheap. The grand prize is a bike ?...... chances are they will probably destroy countless before they make it too the end.
    <sigh>...It's a pilot, used to sell the concept to networks who will hopefully put money in to make episodes. As a concept it's solid. Not sure what the final product will look like but I'm eager to find out

How do you get on the show? I'd love to give it a go on the track!
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Quote Originally Posted by awyala View Post

Yes, as it is a sizzle real it is not a final product, it is simply a draft if you will... Kinda like a rough sketch to create a direction to aid in illustrating the idea to people who say "yes" or "no" if they want to order a TV series.

Go to www.hotlaptv.com and sign up with the casting call so you get the insider information as to where the show will film. Two filming dates have been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    Funny you should say that, these "old" bikes have ridden around many "new" bikes on the track.... These are not the bikes that are going forward in the production, new ones are being built....