Has any one used the services of "fast by Gast"

Thread: Has any one used the services of "fast by Gast"

Has any one used the services of "fast by Gast"

I have heard they do great work on undercutting Trns. gears. For street rides is it an agressive shift or can you get along Ok.

Re: Has any one used the services of "fast by Gast"

I have not used them personally but our sales guy in NY uses them for all the engine and transmission work on his Prostock Hayabusa and he likes them. He had some really good results in 2011 and no catastrophic failures.

Hi,Thanks Delboy. I got quick response from Paul Gaust after e-mailing him, (very pleased)I am quite sure he does real nice work, he re-tempers the gears etc. I just don't know if the shift is real aggrsessive especialy for a simple sort of sporty street use. I am thinking of using his services simply due to the fact that the bike in question does no longer hang on to 2nd gear respectfully (I messed it up)(My favorite gear) and parts are difficult to come by. I will go forth and use him, however I hope the shifting does not require to much input.
    PS. I think I shopped at his place once in the 70's I don't imagine there would be too many bike shops in Grand Island. I remeber going to the island for some fun with some of my buds, and checked out this bike shop, just picked up expansion chambers for a H1 of mine, I had to $460.00 here, $160.00 there.

I had undercut transmission gears on one of my race bikes - shifting was nice and smooth, much better than stock.
    Where 'ya gonna ride in 2012?
    See http://www.motorcycletrackdays.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by Ravo View Post
    I had undercut transmission gears on one of my race bikes - shifting was nice and smooth, much better than stock.
    How does an undercut transmission help shifting? I thought the purpose was to avoid popping out of gears with high loads?
    Bikes:
    2009 EX250 SE - sold
    2003 ZX7R P8
    1992 ZX7/ZXR750 J2 (rebuilding)
    1996 ZX7 N1

Follow the progress of the ZX7 J2 build on my blog

Hi Ravo; Thanks for the input, as I said I don't need it for racing but no matter what I decided I will do it.
    My bike was known for a faulty 2'nd as long as this cures it, even if it is a bit harder to shift I will do it. But you say it's smoother
    so that is more encouraging.