Brampton Powersports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brampton Powersports

Thumbs down Brampton Powersports

so i thought that i would support a local toronto shop.....

i called to ask if they had a blank key for my new to me bike. said they have the key in stock.

after driving there from toronto they would not sell me the key because they were doing inventory.

yes it was olny a $15 key however i will not be doing any buisness with them in the future.

+1 for ebay and online retailers......... part ordered and coming to my doorstep.

Re: Brampton Powersports

You asked them on the same day you showed up there so it was clear when you are coming? Were they closed or open when you showed up? if they were open, it's lame they would not sell it to you. Not really a big deal to take money from you put aside and ring it through when they are done ...

yes i called earlier in the day. they were open however they were not selling any parts.

That's just plain wrong. If they neglected to tell you on the phone then the honourable thing to do was service your need.

Quote Originally Posted by weeler2 View Post
    so i thought that i would support a local toronto shop.....

i called to ask if they had a blank key for my new to me bike. said they have the key in stock.

after driving there from toronto they would not sell me the key because they were doing inventory.

yes it was olny a $15 key however i will not be doing any buisness with them in the future.

+1 for ebay and online retailers......... part ordered and coming to my doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by weeler2 View Post
    yes i called earlier in the day. they were open however they were not selling any parts.
    Hello there Weeler2,

On behalf of Brampton Powersports I would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience that you had. Unfortunately on Saturday PowerSports was conducting parts inventory and even though they were open they were unable to provide parts at that time. If you haven't got your key yet and would like to give us the opportunity to earn your business again we would be more than happy and eager to get you your key at a discounted price and provide you with an overall better experience. Once again, sorry for your inconvenience and hope you give us another opportunity to earn your respect, trust & business.
    >G Harvey< - Brampton PowerSports - Your Friendly Neighborhood Motorcycle Dealer!
    Formally known as - Suzuki of Brampton & Classic Honda Powerhouse

Personal Message me for any questions or for my work email

We Have The Largest Motorcycle Showroom In The GTA!

Visit us at! - www.BramptonPowerSports.com
    Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/BramptonPowersports
    Affiliated under The Brampton Auto Mall
    http://www.bramptonautomall.ca

Ive never heard of a business that cant sell a part during inventory... Must have some terrible inventory system.. Every place i know would sell the part write down the barcode and enter it as sold after inventory is done.... Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestreak View Post
    Ive never heard of a business that cant sell a part during inventory... Must have some terrible inventory system.. Every place i know would sell the part write down the barcode and enter it as sold after inventory is done.... Oh well
    +1. Pretty sad inventory system.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

It can be systems related where they can't access the inventory because it is frozen by the system. Right or wrong it is frustrating but judging from above they apologized and tried to make good which is more than many would try to do. You didn't mention if you said you were coming in the same day to pick up the part etc so they may have confused it. I know what Parts dept's go through which is why I know how this can happen. At the end of the day, supporting the local stores helps keep these stores in business to serve us. I'd hate think of what it would be like to have to order every part on line to fix a bike by not having local businesses.

I have had a potentially bad experience with BPS before but I must say, they handled it extremely well and do cherish your custom.

In my case, through a hook-up I had a free set of PSC tires waiting for me at BPS. All I had to do was go in and pay for installation. Due to some internal conflict / confusion between their staff, they only managed to install my rear tire. When I had returned near closing time to pick up my bike, they were extremely apologetic and offered no charge for the rear and offered to install the front for free if I chose to return. When I told them it was way out of my way, they offered to reimburse me for any charge any other dealer would ask for the front wheel installed!

In the end I got the front installed at another shop (who actually installed it backwards!!!) for $60. I didn't bother sending BPS the bill because I admired how candid, sincere and eager they were to make sure I left happy despite the mix up.

So I would recommend giving them another chance and take them at their sincere word where they have responded on this thread. If I lived closer I would certainly be spending more money there, but it's more than a 30 min trip void of traffic for me.

Every time I go in there I'm greeted with a hello. I'm asked if I need help and not pushed to buy anything.

To the op I feel your frustration especially if you live far from them. I am more forgiving only because it is literally 5 mins from my house.

Kahuna and Brampton Powersports are on my list of places never to buy a bike from. I guess parts are the same thing.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by GHarvey View Post
    If you haven't got your key yet and would like to give us the opportunity to earn your business again we would be more than happy and eager to get you your key at a discounted price and provide you with an overall better experience.
    For a $15 item, you should give it to him for free and courier it since OP wasted that much in gas money to go up to Brampton. Too little too late to save face.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestreak View Post
    I'm surprised that it couldn't have been sold manually during inventory as well. Would have made for a happy customer and a sale.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    Every time I go in there I'm greeted with a hello. I'm asked if I need help and not pushed to buy anything.

To the op I feel your frustration especially if you live far from them. I am more forgiving only because it is literally 5 mins from my house.
    +1

I use Brampton Powersports all the time because I live a couple minutes away. I've never had a negative experience there.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

I agree with OpenGambit here about Kahuna....I would go out of my way to hate on them with the experience I had, but Power Sports....good chaps I find, and will do what it takes to make it right, unlike Kahuna.

While I'm at it, I'm gonna give a super +1 to Snow City. One time I ordered a part from them, and was told it would be in in a couple of days. I groaned about living on the complete other side of town, so the parts lady there actually let me pick it up from her house instead which was pretty close to where I live!!!

+1 to BPS
    and big +1 to Snow City

-10 to Kahuna

i guess a paper and pen doesnt work anymore----------part number-1264322 key blank -1 post-it note to computer screen

Quote Originally Posted by cutsheal5 View Post
    i guess a paper and pen doesnt work anymore----------part number-1264322 key blank -1 post-it note to computer screen
    It just has to do with being lazy and not giving a crap about a customer with such a small purchase. If you went there saying you wanted to buy $500 worth of stuff, they'd say screw inventory and cash you out.

Unless they were literally sitting there scanning the bar codes on the keys doing inventory, I'm sure a simple save of the current work to update the inventory thus far to proceed with the sale could have been done.
    Last edited by PLau; 01-31-2012 at 11:17 PM.

I lost faith in the business the day they DID NOT stand behind their product. I bought a brand new bike from them 3 months later the bike got a sensor issue, the guy took my info and i made 2 trips to the dealership and still no phone call to tell me come let us see your bike. Service guy took down my info in May 2011 and its 2012 now. WOW..the guys were likes yeah yeah we have your info we'll call you...They are only helpful and friendly until they get your money afterwards you are on your own. They refuse to stand behind their products, God forbid if you ever need a warranty work done.
    I was like whatever they sure have lost me as a customer and everybody i know and everybody they know. I took my bike elsewhere paid out of my pocket fixed the issue because if i can afford a brand new bike i won't hesitate spending few bucks out of my pocket to fix my bike.
    Me and my friends have had great experiences with Kahuna and Gp bike. Brampton powersports is 10 mins away from my location yet i go over to whitby and toronto to get any work done or purchase any gears i need.
    Trust me if you wanna save yourself any headaches go elsewhere. My bike was covered under warranty let alone fixing it they didn't even look at it!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxe_r View Post
    I lost faith in the business the day they DID NOT stand behind their product. I bought a brand new bike from them 3 months later the bike got a sensor issue, the guy took my info and i made 2 trips to the dealership and still no phone call to tell me come let us see your bike. Service guy took down my info in May 2011 and its 2012 now. WOW..the guys were likes yeah yeah we have your info we'll call you...They are only helpful and friendly until they get your money afterwards you are on your own. They refuse to stand behind their products, God forbid if you ever need a warranty work done.
    I was like whatever they sure have lost me as a customer and everybody i know and everybody they know. I took my bike elsewhere paid out of my pocket fixed the issue because if i can afford a brand new bike i won't hesitate spending few bucks out of my pocket to fix my bike.
    Me and my friends have had great experiences with Kahuna and Gp bike. Brampton powersports is 10 mins away from my location yet i go over to whitby and toronto to get any work done or purchase any gears i need.
    Trust me if you wanna save yourself any headaches go elsewhere. My bike was covered under warranty let alone fixing it they didn't even look at it!

Did you email the manufacturer? They are genuinely interested when their dealers are not living up to the warranty services.

I had a good experience ordering parts @ BPS myself and will be going back.