Passed M1 written test today! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Passed M1 written test today!

Re: Passed M1 written test today!

i did my course with CMA

the weekend i was booked, it rained, snowed, it was cold, there was hail and fog also... everything but sun and warmth...

the boots and gloves took forever to dry... also having a beanie helmet in these conditions is *****

its better to "learn" under these conditions cause you'll get stuck in them once eventually...

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    the boots and gloves took forever to dry... also having a beanie helmet in these conditions is *****

its better to "learn" under these conditions cause you'll get stuck in them once eventually...
    Enjoy

Plastic bag in your boots will help with this. Sock bag and sock will keep your feet warm and dry.
    Medical gloves under your riding gloves keep your hands dry and adds a layer of warmth.

Beenies, I have one, granted its not as safe as a full face but with a good neck gaiter and glasses I have no problem riding in nasty conditions with it on and infact have found myself warmer as I cannot stop the cold air from getting into a full face.

And agreed 100% when I learned I had beautiful weather. Then my first rain ride and I just about went down and was nervous as heck.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by wormburner View Post
    Johnny5, the timing is actually by design. You see, I'll do my M1 exit on the weekend of April 7th and be able to upgrade my license immediately. 60 days passed - No waiting. RTI is already booked and paid for. It's funny actually...I was hounding them around Christmas cause I wanted to ensure I got one of the first available weekends.
    Sounds a lot like me lol -- Signed up with RTI first weekend of April as well (North York location -- The one where they teach at the Radisson). Haven't went for my M1 yet as I wanted a bit larger of a buffer -- Will probably go and write it sometime next week. I also wanted to pretty much walk out of the course and get my M2 immediately (since it will be just over 60 days), as I already bought all the gear back on boxing day, and put down a deposit on a CBR250RA about a week ago.

Which RTI location are you taking the course at?
    I am the Stig's father's brother's cousin's nephew's former roommate.

Bike: 2011 Honda CBR250R ABS - T-Rex Frame Sliders, Sato Spools, Tankslapper Film, TechSpec SS Tankpads, Fastpack Tail Bag
    Cage: 2006 Honda Accord V6 6spd Coupe - AEM V2, HFP Suspension, TL-S Sway, CT Shortshift, Partial Exhaust

I did RTI at King campus.

It rained like crazy on the second day.

We just got wet, and spent a lot of time in the trailer when receiving instruction and waiting our turns.

That being said - a lot of people fell over, and a number of them were too timid during testing and failed.

Quote Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
    Which RTI location are you taking the course at?
    I'm doing my course at the North York location.
    Haven't been this excited in a long time.

I already bought all the gear back on boxing day, and put down a deposit on a CBR250RA about a week ago.
    I'm gonna be riding a CBR 250 as well.
    May I ask what you chose for gear??

Sure, basically got it all at GP Bikes during their Boxing Week Sale:

- Shoei RF-1100
    - Joe Rocket Alter Ego 11.0 Jacket
    - Scorpion SC leather gloves (gauntlet style)
    - Teknic Chicane mid-boots

After reading I also plan on getting the Alter Ego pants (which can be converted to part mesh like the jacket), but will probably wait until the spring bike show to try and get it on sale. Also might get a pair of kevlar jeans for when I'm just going short distances and/or don't want to resemble a Power Ranger too much when off the bike.

I know RTI has three North York locations, but I guess I might see you there. I'm still mulling over if I should pull out the CBR250R in March (if it is warm/snow free) and play with it a little beforehand, or just wait until I take and pass the course (if I have to drop a bike, I'd rather it be RTI's and not my new one lol).

Bike: 2011 Honda CBR250R ABS - T-Rex Frame Sliders, Sato Spools, Tankslapper Film, TechSpec SS Tankpads, Fastpack Tail Bag
    Cage: 2006 Honda Accord V6 6spd Coupe - AEM V2, HFP Suspension, TL-S Sway, CT Shortshift, Partial Exhaust

I'm still mulling over if I should pull out the CBR250R in March (if it is warm/snow free) and play with it a little beforehand, or just wait until I take and pass the course (if I have to drop a bike, I'd rather it be RTI's and not my new one lol).

If I didn't have an experienced rider to help me out, I'd probably wait as well.

Nice choices on gear btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    Yep.
    Last season was my first season teaching and I was surprised.. I expected more younger folk. I would say more than 50% are people who are mid 20s and up. People coming back to brush up their skills, former dirtbikers, men/women who suddenly decided now was the time. Women who got tired of riding *****. Then you get the younguns who want their licenses.

Have a blast. Dress warm... bring lots of layers and rain gear (rain gear can add warmth if you need it). It is easier to dress down then up. My only concern is how close you left it. What if the weather goes sour and courses get delayed a week or two. The beginning and end of season is completely weather dependant.
    But I am sure you will rock it, have a GREAT weekend and be on two in no time
    which school do you
    teach

congrats !
    David L.
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848
    1995 Honda CBR900RR (SOLD)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 (SOLD)
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R (SOLD)

Thanks everyone! And yes, RTI is booked for the beginning of April. I've wanted to do this since I was 16. I'm now a 37-year-old married father of two. It's hard trying to convince people it's not a mid-life crisis thing.

I figure I'll give two seasons to the CBR250, then move to either a VFR or cruiser.
    Hey, congrats...
    I'm a 37 yr old married father of two as well, I got my M2 in sept. 2011 with RTI as well, but I just made a deposit on a cbr 250r...
    Can't wait for spring now...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_San View Post
    Hey, congrats...
    I'm a 37 yr old married father of two as well, I got my M2 in sept. 2011 with RTI as well, but I just made a deposit on a cbr 250r...
    Can't wait for spring now...
    Congrats to you as well!
    37 must be a magic number. Now, besides the obvious beginner bike reasons, what made you settle on the CBR250? What other bikes did you consider? I haven't even been on mine as yet, and I'm already dreaming about the VFR. But I'm gonna put in quite a bit of road time before I upgrade.

Congrats to you as well!
    37 must be a magic number. Now, besides the obvious beginner bike reasons, what made you settle on the CBR250? What other bikes did you consider? I haven't even been on mine as yet, and I'm already dreaming about the VFR. But I'm gonna put in quite a bit of road time before I upgrade.
    Well, I think 250 is enough bike for me for the time being, I'm not a cruiser guy at all so it was between cbr250r and the ninja. I don't like carburettors (I do like everything else about the ninja though, if it were FI I would've bought it), so the cbr it is.
    I can't wait to get it, I'll keep it for at least 2 seasons (that's the plan now, anyway).

Congrats!!! Enjoy the RTI course. It's a ton of fun. I met a ton of good people through my course last year.
    Be safe.

I did my M1 this morning, got there 15 min before they opened and was the first one in......Passed...already enrolled for April 14 and 15 at Sheridan College in Oakville

I was their first M1 test of the year....

Looking forward to it, collecting gear a piece at a time from E-Bay

Quote Originally Posted by 07-M50 View Post
    I did my M1 this morning, got there 15 min before they opened and was the first one in......Passed...already enrolled for April 14 and 15 at Sheridan College in Oakville
    Congrats! You'll have a good time.

To all of those who just bought bikes (CBR250s seem popular in this thread), very good choices.. you'll have a blast when the weather picks up If you ever want to meet up for a ride, just give me a shout via PM

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    Congrats! You'll have a good time.

To all of those who just bought bikes (CBR250s seem popular in this thread), very good choices.. you'll have a blast when the weather picks up If you ever want to meet up for a ride, just give me a shout via PM

I doubt you would want to ride with a guy my age

I did my M1 this morning, got there 15 min before they opened and was the first one in..passed.
    Congratulations!

I was their first M1 test of the year....

Looking forward to it, collecting gear a piece at a time from E-Bay
    Nice -- I went to write the M1 at Port Union today, but I didn't make it there until 10am, and there was already about 50 people waiting. Ending up just leaving, and will try again next week/weekend (if weekend, then I'll try to make it there before they open like you did lol)

Sounds a lot like me lol -- Signed up with RTI first weekend of April as well (North York location -- The one where they teach at the Radisson). Which RTI location are you taking the course at?
    Conundrum, if you're at the 308 Consumers Road location on April 7th and 8th, we'll be learning together!