Passed M1 written test today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Passed M1 written test today!

Passed M1 written test today!

Passed my M1-written at the Dixie/Eglinton location this morning... One error in 64 questions. Next stop - RTI in April. ...been looking forward to this for soooo long.

Re: Passed M1 written test today!

Congrats!

Congrats! Hope your RTI is at the beginning of April...otherwise the M1 will expire!

The RTI course will be the highlight of your summer

congrats.....

Congrats!! It feels even better when you have your M2. Good Luck in April.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHC1 View Post
    The RTI course will be the highlight of your summer
    and a highlight for life if you crash in front of everyone during the emergency braking practice sessions.

Yes I did that, right on my face!!!! Thanks for the Helmet and a good pair of leather gloves!!! That is one experience I will never forget!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Holzschuher View Post
    Yes I did that, right on my face!!!! Thanks for the Helmet and a good pair of leather gloves!!! That is one experience I will never forget!!!
    +1, hahah yeah.

Congrats, have fun!

Thanks everyone! And yes, RTI is booked for the beginning of April. I've wanted to do this since I was 16. I'm now a 37-year-old married father of two. It's hard trying to convince people it's not a mid-life crisis thing.

I figure I'll give two seasons to the CBR250, then move to either a VFR or cruiser.

Congrats. Odd timing indeed though onsidering you will have to wait until it almost expires before you can get into a school and take the m2 exit.

It is hilarious you say this because I was in the same boat, now 45 and just passed my Humber course in October 2011. Yes, everyone is saying mid life crisis, I just say it is my turn for some fun!!! Good Luck!!!

Johnny5, the timing is actually by design. You see, I'll do my M1 exit on the weekend of April 7th and be able to upgrade my license immediately. 60 days passed - No waiting. RTI is already booked and paid for. It's funny actually...I was hounding them around Christmas cause I wanted to ensure I got one of the first available weekends.

I'm also lucky because I have a close friend who is a safety course instructor here in the GTA, and has offered to give me lessons even before I attend the course. It's a wonderful thing to have some proper guidance as you get on a bike for the first time... No bad habits learned.

And Thomas, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Holzschuher View Post
    It is hilarious you say this because I was in the same boat, now 45 and just passed my Humber course in October 2011. Yes, everyone is saying mid life crisis, I just say it is my turn for some fun!!! Good Luck!!!
    don't kid your self, you'll be surprise how many in our age bracket just decided to take bike riding. And yes my kids call it my mid life toy.

congrats. I'm going next week for my M1.

Congrats! You'll have a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by rome View Post
    don't kid your self, you'll be surprise how many in our age bracket just decided to take bike riding. And yes my kids call it my mid life toy.
    Yep.
    Last season was my first season teaching and I was surprised.. I expected more younger folk. I would say more than 50% are people who are mid 20s and up. People coming back to brush up their skills, former dirtbikers, men/women who suddenly decided now was the time. Women who got tired of riding *****. Then you get the younguns who want their licenses.

Have a blast. Dress warm... bring lots of layers and rain gear (rain gear can add warmth if you need it). It is easier to dress down then up. My only concern is how close you left it. What if the weather goes sour and courses get delayed a week or two. The beginning and end of season is completely weather dependant.
    But I am sure you will rock it, have a GREAT weekend and be on two in no time
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

Cat13... your comment about timing and weather concerned me, so I called RTI.

They say if it rains - wear rain gear.
    If it snows - they will shovel.
    Every effort is made to ensure the site is safe, but they say cancellations are extremely rare because they understand concerns about timing.

This makes me feel better, and I'm happy that it will likely be a chilly because having gear on all day long would otherwise get real hot.

Quote Originally Posted by wormburner View Post
    Cat13... your comment about timing and weather concerned me, so I called RTI.

They say if it rains - wear rain gear.
    If it snows - they will shovel.
    Every effort is made to ensure the site is safe, but they say cancellations are extremely rare because they understand concerns about timing.

This makes me feel better, and I'm happy that it will likely be a chilly because having gear on all day long would otherwise get real hot.

Glad you checked. Better safe then sorry. And agreed the days when its boiling out kinda suck but at least you guys are moving :P
    But yeah bring TONS of stuff. I typically fill my saddlebags or back seat with stuff when I go to teach. I taught one weekend in rain/snow and EVERYONE was running to Can Tire to get more clothing. Never again lol.

But I know Learning Curves keeps going unless the snow starts sticking. Safety first in our eyes.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/