Passed M1 written test today!

Thread: Passed M1 written test today!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Passed M1 written test today!

Passed my M1-written at the Dixie/Eglinton location this morning... One error in 64 questions. Next stop - RTI in April. ...been looking forward to this for soooo long.

Re: Passed M1 written test today!

Congrats!

Congrats! Hope your RTI is at the beginning of April...otherwise the M1 will expire!

The RTI course will be the highlight of your summer

congrats.....

Congrats!! It feels even better when you have your M2. Good Luck in April.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHC1 View Post
    The RTI course will be the highlight of your summer
    and a highlight for life if you crash in front of everyone during the emergency braking practice sessions.

Yes I did that, right on my face!!!! Thanks for the Helmet and a good pair of leather gloves!!! That is one experience I will never forget!!!

Thanks everyone! And yes, RTI is booked for the beginning of April. I've wanted to do this since I was 16. I'm now a 37-year-old married father of two. It's hard trying to convince people it's not a mid-life crisis thing.

I figure I'll give two seasons to the CBR250, then move to either a VFR or cruiser.

Congrats. Odd timing indeed though onsidering you will have to wait until it almost expires before you can get into a school and take the m2 exit.

Johnny5, the timing is actually by design. You see, I'll do my M1 exit on the weekend of April 7th and be able to upgrade my license immediately. 60 days passed - No waiting. RTI is already booked and paid for. It's funny actually...I was hounding them around Christmas cause I wanted to ensure I got one of the first available weekends.

I'm also lucky because I have a close friend who is a safety course instructor here in the GTA, and has offered to give me lessons even before I attend the course. It's a wonderful thing to have some proper guidance as you get on a bike for the first time... No bad habits learned.

And Thomas, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

It is hilarious you say this because I was in the same boat, now 45 and just passed my Humber course in October 2011. Yes, everyone is saying mid life crisis, I just say it is my turn for some fun!!! Good Luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Holzschuher View Post
    It is hilarious you say this because I was in the same boat, now 45 and just passed my Humber course in October 2011. Yes, everyone is saying mid life crisis, I just say it is my turn for some fun!!! Good Luck!!!
    don't kid your self, you'll be surprise how many in our age bracket just decided to take bike riding. And yes my kids call it my mid life toy.

Quote Originally Posted by wormburner View Post
    Thanks everyone! And yes, RTI is booked for the beginning of April. I've wanted to do this since I was 16. I'm now a 37-year-old married father of two. It's hard trying to convince people it's not a mid-life crisis thing.

I figure I'll give two seasons to the CBR250, then move to either a VFR or cruiser.
    Hey, congrats...
    I'm a 37 yr old married father of two as well, I got my M2 in sept. 2011 with RTI as well, but I just made a deposit on a cbr 250r...
    Can't wait for spring now...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_San View Post
    Hey, congrats...
    I'm a 37 yr old married father of two as well, I got my M2 in sept. 2011 with RTI as well, but I just made a deposit on a cbr 250r...
    Can't wait for spring now...
    Congrats to you as well!
    37 must be a magic number. Now, besides the obvious beginner bike reasons, what made you settle on the CBR250? What other bikes did you consider? I haven't even been on mine as yet, and I'm already dreaming about the VFR. But I'm gonna put in quite a bit of road time before I upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by mimico_polak View Post
    Congrats! Hope your RTI is at the beginning of April...otherwise the M1 will expire!
    doesnt the M1 expire after 90 days, dont you have to have the M1 for 60 days before you can take the exit road test?

The M1 expires after 90 days and you must be at M1 level for a minimum of 60 days. You may take a riding safety course any time during the 90 days that you have your M1. At the end of the course you take the test and all going well, you pass. Your results are placed into a sealed envelope which you take to the ministry 60 days after you wrote the M1 test. Then you get your M2 which is valid until 5 years from the date you wrote your M1 test.