2012 Pro 6 Dunlop Challenge now on NTEC Slicks! - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012 Pro 6 Dunlop Challenge now on NTEC Slicks!

Re: 2012 Pro 6 Dunlop Challenge now on NTEC Slicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jia View Post
    There ya go. I dropped 2 seconds from my fastest 600 time within the first few days I had with my R1 at TMP. I also feel I can handle a 1000 pretty well therefore I'm on one again this year and they are cooler ;P. I hope I can continue improving this year albeit on a different bike
    I think you just said the opposite of what you have been trying to convince me of. you said a 1000 is no faster for soar but you dropped 2 seconds very quickly on a soar track. there are reasons why there are different classes and it because bikes belong in different classes. saying that doesnt mean that I disagree that maybe they should think about making this an open class....just that 600s and 1000 are not in the same speed class

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes20 View Post
    I think you just said the opposite of what you have been trying to convince me of. you said a 1000 is no faster for soar but you dropped 2 seconds very quickly on a soar track. there are reasons why there are different classes and it because bikes belong in different classes. saying that doesnt mean that I disagree that maybe they should think about making this an open class....just that 600s and 1000 are not in the same speed class
    Aubrey went slower at GBM on his R1 than his CBR600, just because I went quicker on my R1 than my GSXR600 doesn't mean that applies to everybody. I didn't make myself completely clear so to put it into proper context, my quickest lap on my gixxer was a 1:17 which is not fast, that was my first ever season of riding. So naturally in my second season I should go quicker regardless of the bike I'm on. I'm 100% sure if I was on a 600 I'd also would have dropped 2 seconds from that time (if not more). It had nothing to do with the R1 speed around TMP and everything to do with it was my second season and I had more understanding of riding a bike.

I went to Bogie last year and rode the ex factory R6 and R1 and even though I was riding my R1 all year I was quicker on the R6.

1000s are quicker bikes given the proper circumstances (like using them at a big track like Mosport, not TMP/GBM) if you can make the most of it that's all I'm saying and what others are saying is that most people can't make the most of them, but can make the most of 600s easier (because they are easier to make the most of). It's simple logic and there are many many examples to back up the points that have been made.

Don't use me as an example I'm a newb!
    Last edited by Jia; 03-09-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes20 View Post
    Lap records suggest otherwise. Expert Superbike, Novice Open Sprint and Novice Superbike lap records are all held by riders on 600cc bikes. One could easily argue that 600cc bikes are faster around TMP and should not be permitted in Superbike or Open Sprint since they have an unfair advantage in the infield. Just sayin

Karl is also a fairly new racer so factor in the learning curve along with a bike change. It would be hard to determine what gains came from a more powerful bike what gains came from becoming a better rider.

You can gear a 600 to use the entire gearbox at TMP to optimize power output. I've never been in 6th gear on any race track. My 2004 10R was geared to run 2nd gear through the entire infield and I would use most of 5th on the front straight but thats it. If i were to gear it to use all of 6th on the front straight it would be completely impossible to ride in the infield.

Not impossible, you'd just be using fourth.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

For what it's worth, I'll be back this year..... on my 600
    SOAR Novice #987 - 09 ZX-6R
    Thank you to: RSUK, Pro6Cycle, and Dunlop.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTPC View Post
    For what it's worth, I'll be back this year..... on my 600
    Nice to have you back!
    DUNLOP GP-A Trackday Special !! 219.99$ a set!