Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe

Re: Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger View Post
    . . .
    The dealer says that it is my fault and i did the damage when i tried to start it and the feul pump failed. . . .
    For true? I'd love to hear the explanation on how that all comes together into a chewed up gear or two.
    Dood, interesting bike. Did you customize it yourself, or was it all f**ked up when you bought it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    Buell was the only profitable division of HD when it was shut down. All the other departments were seriously in the red. HD received a bail out from the U.S. government to the tune of $1 Billion. They were on the brink of going under (seriously - their stock price bottomed out to just about zero beforehand). As part of the restructuring, they closed Buell, and refused to sell it to Bombardier............
    Yes, that's all been well documented. My point was that bad service and the treatment owners received was a contributing factor to low sales of these motorcycles.

As others have pointed out, Buell was a bastard child of H-D. Subsequent experiences of many owners has only served to confirm this. Best of luck with your bike.

TL,DR. Saw "Jacox" in the title and knew where it was headed. Just so you know, not all HD dealers are bad. I've always had good experiences at Motosport Plus in Kingston and now at Fox in Owen Sound. Both these dealers, btw, are keen on Buell and V-Rod.

Anyway, sucks that you had to find out the hard way about Jacox.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

I think Bravehearts point is that if you buy a bike made by a manufacturer that is well.. non-existent. there is going to be a certain amount of aggravation you are going to have to deal with by virture of that fact alone.

And I agree with that point.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Ha ohh yeah thats where i purchased the bike.
    After seeing reviews, I would not use SON service dept, I would never trust a serivce deparment thats has cars and bikes in the same shop anyways.

2006 and not one thing has failed on me from my bike.

Crappy service department i can deal with but having a bike that has that many issues(known issues) that early in life coming out the box is unacceptable unless you got spare 15k laying around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Ever been to Newmarket?

The OP's issue has nothing to do with brand and everything to do with management of the dealership. There's no excuse. Unfortunately, it seems like good shops are the minority. Customer service in the motor industry tends to suck. At least that's been my experience with only a few exceptions. (And I agree that Pete's is one of those).
    Last edited by wild2crazy; 01-22-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    If you don't go when you want to go,and when you do go you'll find your gone.

It's bad customer service and even worse mechanics that make me glad that I have a decent socket set at home.
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Good thing Jeffe will be in Virginia now, i'll be ordering any parts i need from him directly

Yep Gilligan got a job at Bayside Harley Davidson down in Portsmouth Virginia. This dealer boasts the best service department in all of North America. (not sure how true that is but hes going to investigate)

So if you guys need his contact to go down or maybe get something shipped up let me know. He cannot sell new bikes to be brought up but he can sell used. (Deeley has control over new stock in Canada)
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

The type of poor customer service you experienced happens all the time. That whole "it will be ready tomorrow" overpromising will annoy just about anyone. They should know better. Your reaction is totally reasonable.

Like Retrogrouch pointed out in an earlier post, I think the fact that your bike is an 1125r just amplifies the problem though. There aren't a whole lot of those bikes around and not all of them end of getting serviced at dealerships so the service department at your local H-D franchise (even Jacox who are big and were a Buell retailer) are not likely going to be highly skilled with these bikes.. You might as well be asking them to service a Ducati 1098.

The 1125r is a nice bike and I really like that motor but I fear that your headaches with owning this bike are only going to get worse. Its the price you pay for having something different.

Maybe you can somehow convince yourself that you need a second motorcycle!

Quote Originally Posted by toshison View Post
    Maybe you can somehow convince yourself that you need a second motorcycle!
    Already have a second... but it's a track only bike (SV1000).
    Couldn't afford to pay insurance on a second road bike now -- once my house is paid in a couple years, I'll probably have a duc of some sort in the garage...
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    Already have a second... but it's a track only bike (SV1000).
    Couldn't afford to pay insurance on a second road bike now -- once my house is paid in a couple years, I'll probably have a duc of some sort in the garage...
    doode its a 1000? so now you can beat Dave!!! hahaha nice! how jealous is he?

your problem is you bought a discounted Buell from a now non production company. the 1125 has to be one of the worst motorcycles ever to come out of Buell. with Buell gone the parts will eventually run out. if it took weeks to get parts this year wait for another couple years. my advise sell the buell and by anything else

Quote Originally Posted by sportbika View Post
    your problem is you bought a discounted Buell from a now non production company. the 1125 has to be one of the worst motorcycles ever to come out of Buell. with Buell gone the parts will eventually run out. if it took weeks to get parts this year wait for another couple years. my advise sell the buell and by anything else
    LOL, did you register at GTAM just to post that??
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Quote Originally Posted by short stop View Post
    LOL, did you register at GTAM just to post that??
    Hahaha +1
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

I think people are missing the point. If a dealership is having trouble getting parts for what ever reason that’s the way it goes and most people can accept that. They point is the complete lack of customer service If you say you will call when a part comes in or at some other miles stone in the transaction call and do your get to get an accurate ETA and keep the customer notified if there is a delay. Most people understand that stuff like this is beyond the control of most shops but its nice to be given accurate information and updates rather than you having to chase them.

Its like when i ordered one of those plastic fairing clips for the sat at a local Suzuki dealer. Said they have them in stock without looking when I went they had none its stuff like that that’s not a big deal but part of good customer service is giving accurate information or simply apologizing for mistakes. But allot of small business I find don’t get that they find you more of a hindrance. Of course there are the exceptions that are great to do business with.
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

Hahahaha whoever doesn't have the balls to say something from their own account should have their motorcycle sold and their Man Card revoked.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

maybe, lol....the reason i posted that is that i use to be a tech at Jacox, but never worked on his bike. I also went to Buell training. Buell use to be a great bike untill the 1125s. nothing but issues. dont get me wrong there fast, but not easy to get parts for. I feel for ALL 1125r owners

maybe, lol....the reason i posted that is that i use to be a tech at Jacox, but never worked on his bike. I also went to Buell training. Buell use to be a great bike untill the 1125s. nothing but issues. dont get me wrong there fast, but not easy to get parts for. I feel for ALL 1125r owners

How 'bout Dyna owners? Like my girlfriend's Street Bob that got similarly neglected at your (former) shop? Are those parts hard to come by, too?
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Quote Originally Posted by short stop View Post
    How 'bout Dyna owners? Like my girlfriend's Street Bob that got similarly neglected at your (former) shop? Are those parts hard to come by, too?

+1
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

techs dont control the dealership, the dealership control the techs. part of the reason i left. i will tell you that since ive left Jacox had a complete change of manager staff. the Jacox daughters are both back, and a new parts manager as well. from what ive seen and heird the customer care has improved greatly. as for short stop it depends on what part it was. i know painted parts can take between 8-12 weeks and any normal part that is on backorder is up to 2 weeks. now there rush order system has changed. since ive gone to a yamaha shop and what surprised me is that if i order a part in the morning its waiting at the shop by 9am the next morning. same thing with aftermarket parts. i think the american brands need too step up there game with the parts delivery time for sure

I think you're missing the point, and this isn't about the techs and it's not about parts availability. It's about lack of communication and honesty towards the customers.

If a particular part is hard to get and it may take some time, TELL THE CUSTOMER THAT. Don't keep telling the customer that the bike will be ready tomorrow just to appease them, if you truly have no idea how long it's going to take.

I don't know how this thread devolved into bashing the OP for his choice of bike. Jacox customer service is crap. If it's gotten better since last summer then good for them, but I'm not going to take the chance to find out.
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa