Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe

Re: Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe

I don't think it's a Buell thing necessarily. My gf has had bad experiences at Jacox with her Dyna, and neither one of us will likely go back there again for service. Your delayed pick-up story sounds very similar to an experience she had there.

Either way, I don't understand how these dealers and shops are such d-bags. I mean, THIS IS WHAT YOU DO FOR A LIVING, how freakin' diffictult a concept to be somewhat competent at your job??

(and yea yea, I know the answer: either way morons are going there and dropping $$$)
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger View Post
    In 2007 i put a Yyna strret boob on the road brand new in April 1 on April 28 he fuel pump quite it is in the tank.The deal came picked it up at my house,wanted to charge 35.00 for the pick up. It took 2 weeks to fix and the reason they used was it was new and there there arn't many parts available yet.

I get a call saying i can pick up my bike 2 weeks later at 3.30 on a wednesday in May. I tell them that i will be in the next day to get it.I get a phone call about 45 min. later saying i can't pick up my bike because there was a problem on the test ride.
    I go in the next day i find out that primary drive has come apart , the flywheel is missing 15 teeth and the starter pinion gear looks like someone beat it eith a hatchet the clutch basket is destroyed and all the primary seals are gone.

The dealer says that it is my fault and i did the damage when i tried to start it and the feul pump failed. They then tell me it will take 10 weeks to fix because there are noparts available , at this point this bike has 800km on it. I go back and forth with Dealy to no resolution so i sold it and bought a new Suzuki and have been smilin ever since.
    No offense ...... but that was a painful read! I hope you typed that while driving!

Just to add my nickel with inflation!

Doesn't matter what bike he owns or not. It's never an excuse to have brutal service and be ripped off!

No matter what bike you own the dealer should be providing quality service and be doing honest business! If one of my dealers was representing our product and service like that I'd have the owners head of that franchise spinning so fast he wouldn't know what direction he was going in!

As a brand and franchise manager myself, I welcome our clients comments on their experiences with our dealers because making it right and getting repeat business is everything!

So the comment of him buying a crappy bike is just a pointless comment coming from someone who's to lazy to handle the situation to have a bike they want and settles for something everyone else has!

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post

So the comment of him buying a crappy bike is just a pointless comment coming from someone who's to lazy to handle the situation to have a bike they want and settles for something everyone else has!

if I am shopping for a vehicle, And there is one that has known issues, and its a problem for parts, and the business doesnt even exist anymore, its 100% that i wouldnt buy it

how many spare part do you think exist for that bike ??? lol

i know i can get spare parts for my bike from anyone, at anytime, for a great price. but the people that made my bike havent gone out of business, so its not really an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    if I am shopping for a vehicle, And there is one that has known issues, and its a problem for parts, and the business doesnt even exist anymore, its 100% that i wouldnt buy it

how many spare part do you think exist for that bike ??? lol

i know i can get spare parts for my bike from anyone, at anytime, for a great price. but the people that made my bike havent gone out of business, so its not really an issue.

Don't all bikes have their "known" issues? Still doesn't mean anyone buying them deserves brutal service and to be ripped off with missing parts?

If it was you in this position you wouldn't be talking crap.

Anyway, no point going on further about this with you. It's really not worth it.

Don't all bikes have their "known" issues? Still doesn't mean anyone buying them deserves brutal service and to be ripped off with missing parts?

Anyway, no point going on further about this with you. It's really not worth it.
    there wasnt any point of you posting this So the comment of him buying a crappy bike is just a pointless comment coming from someone who's to lazy to handle the situation to have a bike they want and settles for something everyone else has!

btw, good atitude you have for being a brand and franchise manager, calling potential customers lazy might be badmy point is still valid, and i wouldnt be in this situation because i wouldnt buy from a manufacturer that doesnt exist anymore
    was he treated bady ? yes.
    does he deserve it ? no
    will this happen again ? YES
    why ? becasue he has a bike that no-one wants to fix

there wasnt any point of you posting this So the comment of him buying a crappy bike is just a pointless comment coming from someone who's to lazy to handle the situation to have a bike they want and settles for something everyone else has!

btw, good atitude you have for being a brand and franchise manager, calling potential customers lazy might be badmy point is still valid, and i wouldnt be in this situation because i wouldnt buy from a manufacturer that doesnt exist anymore
    was he treated bady ? yes.
    does he deserve it ? no
    will this happen again ? YES
    why ? becasue he has a bike that no-one wants to fix
    I support my brand and franchises well thank you.

Still doesn't give you the right to put down his purchase and other owners as well.

The end
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

I support my brand and franchises well thank you.

Still doesn't give you the right to put down his purchase and other owners as well.

The end
    Sure it does. ! lol

only a fool would buy a product that doesnt have a support system in place to take care of its customers.

you know how many people get upset when they find out that whatever they bought has gone out of business and replacement parts are almost impossible to find ?

in 10 years from now, do you think he will be able to find parts for a bike that was only in production for 1 or 2 years ?
    get rid of the headache now, and go buy something reliable like a Honda or Yamaha or something

100% ...no use arguing when they do not know much about the situation or much at all it seems.
    The dealer is the problem and not the product so much. All bikes and all brands have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    100% ...no use arguing when they do not know much about the situation or much at all it seems.
    The dealer is the problem and not the product so much. All bikes and all brands have issues.

+1

Wow.. .all I can say to you is wow... I'm not going to rise to your baiting and stoop to that level.
    BUT....
    Who said anything about me keeping the bike until 10 years from now? Nobody -- you jumped to a conclusion as and spouted off about it.

Now, it's painfully obvious, you don't like Buell. Fine and dandy. Got no problem with that.
    I had a Toyota Celica a few years back that was nothing but trouble - in under a year it needed a new transmission, had spun bearings in the lower part of the engine (both of these were silent recalls according to the dealer (car was under warranty)) and the plastic in the rear seat had spider cracked and broken due to 1 extremely cold night. Lots of other problems I'm not going to get into, but it would have cost me about $8000 if I had to pay for it all myself. Does this make me harp on people who have Toyotas and tell them how junkie they are? Nope. I had a car with a few batches of bad parts. Another Celica owner I know went over 200,000km without any problems whatsoever.

So please, stop being so annoying to others by bashing them for expressing an opinion contrary to yours...

Oh yeah - the only reason I went back for Incident #2 was 'cause the parts were put on order when I went for Incident #1. Bike still ran great, but the low fuel light would never shut off due to the fuelling unit being kaput (pump, sending unit and gas gauge are all 1 unit - the gauge had shorted out).

p.s. Braveheart's my favourite movie of all time (despite the historical inaccuracies) -- having you use it as your screen name hurts my feeling (singular).

Sure it does. ! lol

only a fool would buy a product that doesnt have a support system in place to take care of its customers.

you know how many people get upset when they find out that whatever they bought has gone out of business and replacement parts are almost impossible to find ?

in 10 years from now, do you think he will be able to find parts for a bike that was only in production for 1 or 2 years ?
    get rid of the headache now, and go buy something reliable like a Honda or Yamaha or something
    Last edited by Bigevildoer; 01-21-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

No offense ...... but that was a painful read! I hope you typed that while driving!
    Yeah sorry i was still half a sleep when i typed it sorry for causing you the pain. I just reread it and even i hurt.

if you check out the posts, i never came on here and bashed people. I stated an opinion. it was Kool and that 9sv650 guy that started slinging arrows.

one said i was on drugs, and the other said i was lazy......lol

Freeeeeeeedom
    they were the ones bashing me, for having an opinion contrary to them.

Message to Jacox ...

Say what you are going to do, then do what you said you would do, when you said you would do it!

Operating a business in that manner solves 95% of the customer relations headaches.

If you are backlogged and can't get to the job for the next week then SAY SO. It means I can plan around it rather than going through aggravation.

On a related note ... Under-promise and over-deliver! It's far better that way, than the other way around. The other way is also called "broken promises".

I have yet to find someone have a geniune good thing to say about Jacox.

Most folks riding HD products have ridden and owned other makes and can tell you they are no better or worse in terms of reliability. Of course, you'll have opinions from one extreme to the other.

Buell itself has it's own issues but, there is a very loyal following that enjoy plenty of trouble free riding with very good parts availability if you know where to look. Buell will be loved and lothed.

But, this thread is about Jacox and I know on some other HD forums, they are mentioned frequently as a place of frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Message to Jacox ...

Say what you are going to do, then do what you said you would do, when you said you would do it!

Operating a business in that manner solves 95% of the customer relations headaches.

If you are backlogged and can't get to the job for the next week then SAY SO. It means I can plan around it rather than going through aggravation.

On a related note ... Under-promise and over-deliver! It's far better that way, than the other way around. The other way is also called "broken promises".
    Ain't this the truth.

Really, what it sounds like is the service counter guys are just saying whatever they can to their customers to get them off the phone, damn be the consequences. And then the next day when the bike isn't ready, the cycle continues. I mean, do they honestly think the customer would be more ****** if they were just told up front "Hey man, we're swamped and your bike probably won't be ready until next week"?

Just talk to the mechanics and get a realistic timeline. Report back to the customer, voila.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Beg to differ, I have had excellent service from a number of bike shops, including Performace Cyle in Cambridge, Mckee Sports in Delhi, they have been in business for years and recently Petes Superbikes from Montreal. I guess these guys are use to dealing with motorcyclists, not guys trying to make a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Warrior View Post
    A typical business in Canada, zero customer service, no honesty, no respect, they just don't give a **** about you. No wonder so many bike stores go out of business after a few years.

Retards.
    " I don't want a pickle, I'd rather just ride on my motorcycle."

Buy a Suzuki problem solved
    If you don't go when you want to go,and when you do go you'll find your gone.

There's a certain Suzuki dealer that I'm not going to name, who have a history of not having the greatest customer service, either.

Quote Originally Posted by wild2crazy View Post
    Buy a Suzuki problem solved

Ever been to Newmarket?

The OP's issue has nothing to do with brand and everything to do with management of the dealership. There's no excuse. Unfortunately, it seems like good shops are the minority. Customer service in the motor industry tends to suck. At least that's been my experience with only a few exceptions. (And I agree that Pete's is one of those).
    2010 BMW S1000RR