Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe

Thread: Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe

*WARNING - WALL OF TEXT BELOW!!!!*

Well, after picking up my bike from Jacox HD on Argentia Rd. in Mississauga, I've decided that I'm never going back due to their questionable practices.
    All 3 of these incidents happened from spring 2011 until now, January 2012.

Incident Number One:
    Had a trip to the Dragon all planned out, and the hydraulic clutch on my Buell 1125r blew it's seals a week before departure date (I just had the entire hydraulic assembly replaced under warranty less than 2 months before this incident, so either the part was defective or the install was done poorly). They checked with Deely's (HD parts supplier in Canada), and were told they (Jacox) would have the parts in on the day after I was supposed to leave. I figured that wasn't a problem - I'd postpone for a week.
    Was told my bike would be ready on Monday around noon for a pickup, and that they would call me in the morning. I called on the Friday (3 days earlier) to confirm all the parts were in house and the bike was indeed being worked on, which they claimed it was. Had friends coming to meet me at the Dragon from Atlanta (they also rescheduled after hearing I wouldn't make the original dates). Called on the Thursday to ensure the parts were in at Jacox HD - they were, and yes, the bike would be ready on Monday.
    No call back on Monday morning. I call them at noon. Sorry, bike won't be ready till Tuesday.
    Call my friends in Atlanta and tell them I'll be a day late due to repair delays.

No call back on Tuesday morning. I call them at noon. Sorry, bike won't be ready till Wednesday.
    Call my friends from Atlanta (now at the Dragon) and say I'll be there 2 days late (will end up being drive down, ride 1 day, drive back at this point).

No call back on Wednesday morning. I call them at noon. Sorry, bike won't be ready till Thursday.
    Call my friends from Atlanta (having a blast at the Dragon) and cancel my appearance completely.
    Drive to Jacox to see if a visit in person can get their butts into gear - arrive at about 2:30pm. Head tech sees I'm upset, and comes over to talk to me. Says he can arrange for me to get a loaner bike until Friday. He seems to be a good guy, and his gesture was much appreciated, but I was there in my truck and would have been pointless to take a bike at that point.

No call back on Thursday morning. I call them at noon. Sorry, bike won't be ready till Friday.

Finally got a call back on Thursday at about 4:45pm saying my bike is ready for pick up. At this point, I'm livid - firmly let them know that I was not happy (no yelling or screaming). Asked to speak to the owner. He refused, stating he was on a conference call, but promised they would "take care of me."
    Main problem: Jacox Harley Davidson lied to me repeatedly about delivery date and completely screwed over my vacation. Only good moment was the head tech (Gary I believe his name is).

-------------------

Incident Number Two:
    Take my bike in for a new fuel pump/sending unit and possible dash cluster (warranty work).
    To access the area where the fuel pump/sending unit is located, you have to drop the swing arm. To get to the axle nut, you have to remove my swing arm sliders (they sit in the recess of the swing arm, over the nut, and have a long threaded rod going completely through the axle to the other side).
    Got the bike back in a decent amount of time, so I was very pleased. Unfortunately, it was a day that was windy (east to west winds), and was grey and threatening rain badly. I was dropped off by a friend heading into Toronto (I'm from Waterloo). By the time the bike was wheeled out, it had started to rain lightly. Not a problem I thought - leading edge of the storm, so if I hit the 401 west I could leave the rain behind (which, luckily, is exactly what happened). Should have given the bike a good once over before leaving, but erroneously didn't.
    Next few days were rainy and crap.
    First nice day after picking the bike up, a good cleaning was in order.
    Lo and behold, my swing arm sliders were missing. Either the tech forgot to reinstall them or installed them incorrectly and they fell off on the 401.
    Called Jacox Harley Davidson up, and told them. Service advisor said she would ask the tech if he remembers putting them on, and if he could look for them.
    Give them a week. Call back. Apparently they can't find the sliders, leading me to believe they fell off on the way home.
    Advisor told me she couldn't find them in her HD parts book - they're after market, and HD doesn't make them. Fine, she says. Order new ones, pay up front, and fax in the bill to them. Bill will be credited to my account ($100.15 after shipping).
    Main problem: Missing sliders. Inconveniences me, and I'm out $100.15 up until the point I need to get something done outside of warranty work.

----------

Incident Number Three:
    This one culminated today.
    Took the bike in 2 weeks ago to get a major service done (check valves etc, which requires a rotation of the engine - 6 hours of labour and usual parts involved - beyond my skill set by a bunch, don't have the correct tools or space to do it either).
    Asked to get a complete quote beforehand. Comes up at $700 all said and done after taxes. I asked them to apply my credit. Apparently, my credit has mysteriously vanished. I asked them to have a look through my file and records, to see if they can find my faxes. No luck. Told them I'd look for copies at home. Found copies, as well as the confirmation report showing the date, time, snapshot of first page and phone number sent to. Re-Faxed them in. Called later in the day. Since they had no record (i.e. they "lost" my original faxes, it wasn't noted in the file and the service advisor who was taking care of me longer works there) available, the best they were willing to do was give me a $50 credit, despite me resending in the original faxes and confirmation report. I didn't send the faxes from my PC or some corner store, but from my work, also using their cover pages, so it's obvious I'm not trying to screw them over.
    Go over the bike before leaving. The deutsch plug (auxilliary power connector) is hanging out from under the side pod cowl (look up a pic of a Buell 1125r in case you're curious) by a good 4 inches - should be tucked away neatly. The right side engine casing wasn't cleaned worth crap. There are streaks of fluid running down the side of the case (by the hydraulic clutch), guessing from a bleeding procedure.
    Had a fellow GTAM'er with me as a witness, so somebody else could see the state of the bike upon pick up etc.

Main problems: Due to a "clerical" error, I'm out $50 due to them screwing up twice (sliders missing, improper filing). Tried my best to prove my side, but without the ex-employee being there, they wouldn't listen. The tech's attention to detail is complete crap. Sure, they made a note that my header wrap is loose, but don't take the time to wipe the casing after a bleed, and put on the pod cover without putting everything back where it should be.

Final Resolution: Never EVER going back there again.

Recommendation for Anyone Else: Never EVER go there. Will relate my story to anyone who asks what I think of their service department. That's about all I can do.

Sorry again about the wall of text...
    Last edited by Bigevildoer; 01-20-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Re: Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe

A typical business in Canada, zero customer service, no honesty, no respect, they just don't give a **** about you. No wonder so many bike stores go out of business after a few years.

Retards.

I had a the same thing happen to me at a harley dealer in peterborough in 2007. I was so peed off that i sold the dyna i had and bought a suzuki. No troubles since.

You should have searched this site before going to any HD dealer, they all suck ***.
    And yes, i ride one, except it will never see the dealership again.
    Doesn't matter if you have it signed in gold and blood, they always find a way to deny their mistakes.
    Even if you manage to prove your point at the dealership, they would just refer you to Dealey canada, the biggest bunch of pirates, and their "expert" would find fault with the customer, end of story.
    Bottom line >> We got your money, now screw off!

And if you are silly enough to go back 3 times, they take advantage and start charging you extra for that too.

Good thing Jeffe will be in Virginia now, i'll be ordering any parts i need from him directly,
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 01-22-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Dealey are thieves...I buy everything from the States. I've had pretty good experience with Barrie HD.
    I try to do everything myself...so I can only blame myself...worked so far so good.
    07 Buell XB12Ss
    Black, jardine exhaust, race ecm, k&n filter,
    CRG Hindsight bar end mirrors, crossroads handle bars, dieselmoto fender eliminator, gel grips, 010 Buell firebolt tire hugger and belt guard, S-10 British avon gas mask, right side air scoop, Buell pegasus decal and pazzo levers and then 5-0dro sliders & Rizoma track 77 led signals

Can someone explain to me why Buell division of H-D got shut down?

"Dealey are thieves...I buy everything from the States. I've had pretty good experience with Barrie HD.
    I try to do everything myself...so I can only blame myself...worked so far so good."

Re:Above

Not sure how this is Deeley's fault. Jacox is the dealer.

it seems to me that your problem shouldnt be with the dealership, it should be that you bought a crappy bike.

you needed :
    hydraulic clutch seals,
    new fuel pump/sending unit and possible dash cluster,
    major service done (check valves etc, which requires a rotation of the engine - 6 hours of labour and usual parts involved,

all in one season, at three different times.

crap product, and crap service

Beg to differ, I have had excellent service from a number of bike shops, including Performace Cyle in Cambridge, Mckee Sports in Delhi, they have been in business for years and recently Petes Superbikes from Montreal. I guess these guys are use to dealing with motorcyclists, not guys trying to make a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Warrior View Post
    A typical business in Canada, zero customer service, no honesty, no respect, they just don't give a **** about you. No wonder so many bike stores go out of business after a few years.

Retards.
    " I don't want a pickle, I'd rather just ride on my motorcycle."

Just to add my nickel with inflation!

Doesn't matter what bike he owns or not. It's never an excuse to have brutal service and be ripped off!

No matter what bike you own the dealer should be providing quality service and be doing honest business! If one of my dealers was representing our product and service like that I'd have the owners head of that franchise spinning so fast he wouldn't know what direction he was going in!

As a brand and franchise manager myself, I welcome our clients comments on their experiences with our dealers because making it right and getting repeat business is everything!

So the comment of him buying a crappy bike is just a pointless comment coming from someone who's to lazy to handle the situation to have a bike they want and settles for something everyone else has!

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post

So the comment of him buying a crappy bike is just a pointless comment coming from someone who's to lazy to handle the situation to have a bike they want and settles for something everyone else has!

if I am shopping for a vehicle, And there is one that has known issues, and its a problem for parts, and the business doesnt even exist anymore, its 100% that i wouldnt buy it

how many spare part do you think exist for that bike ??? lol

i know i can get spare parts for my bike from anyone, at anytime, for a great price. but the people that made my bike havent gone out of business, so its not really an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    if I am shopping for a vehicle, And there is one that has known issues, and its a problem for parts, and the business doesnt even exist anymore, its 100% that i wouldnt buy it

how many spare part do you think exist for that bike ??? lol

i know i can get spare parts for my bike from anyone, at anytime, for a great price. but the people that made my bike havent gone out of business, so its not really an issue.

Don't all bikes have their "known" issues? Still doesn't mean anyone buying them deserves brutal service and to be ripped off with missing parts?

If it was you in this position you wouldn't be talking crap.

Anyway, no point going on further about this with you. It's really not worth it.

Don't all bikes have their "known" issues? Still doesn't mean anyone buying them deserves brutal service and to be ripped off with missing parts?

Anyway, no point going on further about this with you. It's really not worth it.
    there wasnt any point of you posting this So the comment of him buying a crappy bike is just a pointless comment coming from someone who's to lazy to handle the situation to have a bike they want and settles for something everyone else has!

btw, good atitude you have for being a brand and franchise manager, calling potential customers lazy might be badmy point is still valid, and i wouldnt be in this situation because i wouldnt buy from a manufacturer that doesnt exist anymore
    was he treated bady ? yes.
    does he deserve it ? no
    will this happen again ? YES
    why ? becasue he has a bike that no-one wants to fix

100% ...no use arguing when they do not know much about the situation or much at all it seems.
    The dealer is the problem and not the product so much. All bikes and all brands have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    100% ...no use arguing when they do not know much about the situation or much at all it seems.
    The dealer is the problem and not the product so much. All bikes and all brands have issues.

+1

there wasnt any point of you posting this So the comment of him buying a crappy bike is just a pointless comment coming from someone who's to lazy to handle the situation to have a bike they want and settles for something everyone else has!

btw, good atitude you have for being a brand and franchise manager, calling potential customers lazy might be badmy point is still valid, and i wouldnt be in this situation because i wouldnt buy from a manufacturer that doesnt exist anymore
    was he treated bady ? yes.
    does he deserve it ? no
    will this happen again ? YES
    why ? becasue he has a bike that no-one wants to fix
    I support my brand and franchises well thank you.

Still doesn't give you the right to put down his purchase and other owners as well.

The end
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

I support my brand and franchises well thank you.

Still doesn't give you the right to put down his purchase and other owners as well.

The end
    Sure it does. ! lol

only a fool would buy a product that doesnt have a support system in place to take care of its customers.

you know how many people get upset when they find out that whatever they bought has gone out of business and replacement parts are almost impossible to find ?

in 10 years from now, do you think he will be able to find parts for a bike that was only in production for 1 or 2 years ?
    get rid of the headache now, and go buy something reliable like a Honda or Yamaha or something

Wow.. .all I can say to you is wow... I'm not going to rise to your baiting and stoop to that level.
    BUT....
    Who said anything about me keeping the bike until 10 years from now? Nobody -- you jumped to a conclusion as and spouted off about it.

Now, it's painfully obvious, you don't like Buell. Fine and dandy. Got no problem with that.
    I had a Toyota Celica a few years back that was nothing but trouble - in under a year it needed a new transmission, had spun bearings in the lower part of the engine (both of these were silent recalls according to the dealer (car was under warranty)) and the plastic in the rear seat had spider cracked and broken due to 1 extremely cold night. Lots of other problems I'm not going to get into, but it would have cost me about $8000 if I had to pay for it all myself. Does this make me harp on people who have Toyotas and tell them how junkie they are? Nope. I had a car with a few batches of bad parts. Another Celica owner I know went over 200,000km without any problems whatsoever.

So please, stop being so annoying to others by bashing them for expressing an opinion contrary to yours...

Oh yeah - the only reason I went back for Incident #2 was 'cause the parts were put on order when I went for Incident #1. Bike still ran great, but the low fuel light would never shut off due to the fuelling unit being kaput (pump, sending unit and gas gauge are all 1 unit - the gauge had shorted out).

p.s. Braveheart's my favourite movie of all time (despite the historical inaccuracies) -- having you use it as your screen name hurts my feeling (singular).

Sure it does. ! lol

only a fool would buy a product that doesnt have a support system in place to take care of its customers.

you know how many people get upset when they find out that whatever they bought has gone out of business and replacement parts are almost impossible to find ?

in 10 years from now, do you think he will be able to find parts for a bike that was only in production for 1 or 2 years ?
    get rid of the headache now, and go buy something reliable like a Honda or Yamaha or something
    Last edited by Bigevildoer; 01-21-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Quote Originally Posted by short stop View Post
    LOL, did you register at GTAM just to post that??
    Hahaha +1
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"