Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe

Re: Jacox Harley Davidson -- A Tale of Woe

the reason there are so many bike shops going down here in ontario is because the price for insurance is too high, people jump across the boarder and dont support there local shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by trevi View Post
    There are over 700,000 people in Mississauga...I can't understand why there aren't more bike shops in Mississauga. When I was young and growing up in Guelph there were 50,000 people (before the building boom) and there were three bike shops...small, but they were always busy. A few days ago my local car mechanic (in Mississauga) even mentioned this to me, and was tinkering with idea of hiring a motorcycle mechanic to work out of his shop. These big bike shops need some competition, and it seems that most of us who are not mechanically inclined are willing to pay a fair price for great service. We also talk it up a lot, and as a motorcycle community stick together...in terms of recommending places to take our bikes. I hope there are some people out there who read these type of threads, and are inspired to start up their own small shops in Mississauga.

Quote Originally Posted by sportbika View Post
    the reason there are so many bike shops going down here in ontario is because the price for insurance is too high, people jump across the boarder and dont support there local shop.
    When they save the money then can you expect any less? I get that its nice to support local business but unless that local business has awsome customer service i cant see a reason not to jump the border to save a fist full and its like someone else said in another thread its worth it even without the piddly 1 year warrenty.
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

Quote Originally Posted by sportbika View Post
    Nonsense. Bike registration numbers increase every year.

We're talking about HD here, and Deeley is the reason it sucks so bad.
    It's a greedy bunch of pirates that still rakes 30% off every HD item that enters Canada, even though the dollar has been near or on par since the 90's.

As for service, people just don't want to pay 95$ per hour to have some rookie with no experience testing his poor skills on their bikes.
    I can find some backyard mechanic to do a better job for less than a 1/3 of the price the dealership charges.

I know more hardcore Harley riders than anyone else in here, and i guarantee, any dealership is the last place they take their bikes.
    The only bike repairs you see there are either wannabees, or warranty's.