21 y/o insurance - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 21 y/o insurance

Re: 21 y/o insurance

should i call direct or go through a broker and such?

If through broker, how do i find who to call?

Quote Originally Posted by at_28 View Post
    Wow you are so lucky.
    I'm 21 GM2 with clean record, checked with Jevco and I got a quote of $2771 a year for a ninja 250, $2546 for an RS125. How is it possible that a 125/250 costs more to insure than a 600? It's not even fair!

Ur getting robbed im with jevco paying 1200 a year for my ninja 250
    22 gm2 clean record 1 year experience. Guess more years of constant riding means alot to them

You live in Guelph, I bet he doesn't ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestreak View Post
    Ur getting robbed im with jevco paying 1200 a year for my ninja 250
    22 gm2 clean record 1 year experience. Guess more years of constant riding means alot to them
    Just checked with State Farm today, 21 GM2 clean record. Ninja250 130/month, Aprilia RS125 112/month.
    This is half of what Jevco quoted me. My shattered dreams have been reassembled.

Go for the ninja 250 such a fun bike! If your really skilled and dont weight 200+ ull be able to keep up with the big boys in twisty roads

i got a quote through a broker and this is what they told me. FSA Facility $3879 for liability only.

Thats gonna cost more then my bike...

Quote Originally Posted by Aznkid2000 View Post
    i got a quote through a broker and this is what they told me. FSA Facility $3879 for liability only.

Thats gonna cost more then my bike...
    And that why you need to get more then one quote...
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    And that why you need to get more then one quote...
    lol i been trying but its kind of hard when there are a lot of restriction on your age and experience...

Basically Statefarm, Jevco is out of the question.

Also where would you guy find brokers? Right now i am just going through google and emailing people i can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Aznkid2000 View Post
    lol i been trying but its kind of hard when there are a lot of restriction on your age and experience...

Basically Statefarm, Jevco is out of the question.

Also where would you guy find brokers? Right now i am just going through google and emailing people i can find.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-the-best-rate
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Wait until you've had your M2 for a year, your insurance rate will drop significantly. Getting moto insurance before you've been licenced for one year is the financial equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot.

I'm waiting for the one year mark on my M2 before buying my bike and getting insurance. I got two quotes from TD MM, $1281 once I hit one year vs. $2251 if I insured right now.

(I'm 21 and this would be for a Ninja 250R, no collision, 500 comprehensive, paired with auto insurance).

i can't believe i miss those links when i read through that post couple of times...

thanks

So is a 600cc sports-touring categorize the same as a 600 SS, will there be a major price difference?? Im looking into the ninja 650, btw, Im 21yoa, GM2, first year motorcycle license, 5+years drivers license.

For anyone whos under 25 and can't get SF i strongly recommend TD Meloche Monnex, they seem to be the cheapest IMO especially if your still in school, they give you a discount depending on which uni/college you're attending which is great. I was quoted 1800 for the year at Jevco but now paying 1300 for the year at TD.
    PS I'm 19, GM2, going to be my first year of bike insurance
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Vifferfun's line graph is already a good indicator as to which insurance companies a new rider should be considering for the type of bike they want.

To the OP, if you are starting, get a small bike (ninja250,gs500) to start your insurance history.
    Get your M2, wait a year then get an older model sport bike. The rule with Jevco is, if a bike is more than 15 years old from the current year you're in, it will not get surcharged. As of 2012, anything from before 1997, say a 1997 cbr600 or older will not be crazy to insure in comparison to a 2005 cbr600.
    This is the cheapest route to take for riders in the GTA until you're 25.

The looks are subjective on older bikes, some might say dated but older sport bikes are still crotch rockets that can get you killed real quick.
    Last edited by Deimos; 02-19-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    Current: '04 Suzuki SV650n
    '06 Honda CBR F4i
    '06 Suzuki GS500F: Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    Vifferfun's line graph is already a good indicator as to which insurance companies a new rider should be considering for the type of bike they want.

To the OP, if you are starting, get a small bike (ninja250,gs500) to start your insurance history.
    Get your M2, wait a year then get an older model sport bike. The rule with Jevco is, if a bike is more than 15 years old from the current year you're in, it will not get surcharged. As of 2012, anything from before 1997, say a 1997 cbr600 or older will not be crazy to insure in comparison to a 2005 cbr600.
    This is the cheapest route to take for riders in the GTA until you're 25.

The looks are subjective on older bikes, some might say dated but older sport bikes are still crotch rockets that can get you killed real quick.
    Has this been confirmed this year or are you just assuming because that was the they way they did it in 2011?

Reason I ask is because I am looking to purchase a 96 GSXR 750 (possibly a 97) and the only decent rate I can get is through Jevco.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Has this been confirmed this year or are you just assuming because that was the they way they did it in 2011?

Reason I ask is because I am looking to purchase a 96 GSXR 750 (possibly a 97) and the only decent rate I can get is through Jevco.
    I was assuming. I need to call Jevco this week anyway to insure my sv650 (yay!) but I will make sure to find out if models for 1997 are removed from the surcharge list.

InsuranceGuy confirmed that 1996 models are good to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Insurance Guy View Post
    This is true, however there is some immediate good news. Any super sport bike manufactured in 1996 or older is not subject to a surcharge. Prior to January 1st it was 1995 and older. Therefore, if you have a 1996 super sport model bike Jevco will no longer apply a surcharge.
    Current: '04 Suzuki SV650n
    '06 Honda CBR F4i
    '06 Suzuki GS500F: Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    I was assuming. I need to call Jevco this week anyway to insure my sv650 (yay!) but I will make sure to find out if models for 1997 are removed from the surcharge list.

InsuranceGuy confirmed that 1996 models are good to go...
    Sweet! Well post back with what the news is!