bike is in london and i'm in milton...

Thread: bike is in london and i'm in milton...

bike is in london and i'm in milton...

well, i found this little bike in london for a steal...it's an '07 with around 8,000 km...it's a US bike that the seller purchased a year ago from a dealer in toronto...he needs money and is selling it with the UVIP but no current safety certificate...i've only seen pics online and some that he emailed me and there seem to be a few scratches but nothing major from the looks of it...i've asked him to get it safetied, but it doesn't seem that he has neither the way to go get the safety done, nor the cash...

two things:
    a) i was wondering if anyone on this forum knows of a place in london that would go to this guy's house and do the safety for me there (i'll discuss payment with this individual directly) as i'd prefer to know that it's passed before picking the bike up, carting it to milton and trying to get it done after the fact and
    b) if anyone living in london would go look at the bike for me before the bf and i head down ourselves

thanks for all your help,

ivana
    Last edited by ifiddles; 01-15-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Re: bike is in london and i'm in milton...

There's nothing wrong with getting a 250. Ride what is comfortable for YOU. Just my opinion.

sounds like a decent deal and it is a great bike. Hopefully you can get somebody to check it out for you. Good Luck and see you out and about around town this summer.

Greg

Milton Ontario

2012 ZX14R
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

'07 for $2k seems very fair, I wouldn't wait too long nor tell too many about it

in 8,000km you can have much go wrong that would affect a safety, my only concern would be what caused the scratches ie; crash?

sounds fun, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by crankcall View Post
    '07 for $2k seems very fair, I wouldn't wait too long nor tell too many about it

in 8,000km you can have much go wrong that would affect a safety, my only concern would be what caused the scratches ie; crash?

sounds fun, good luck
    i CAN have much go wrong or i CAN'T have much go wrong?...if it's i CAN what could go wrong?...post reads like there can't be much to go wrong so i'm wondering if this is a typo?...

he says the scratches were there when he bought it and they happened during transport...

Hey, I'm in London, I wouldn't mind checking it out for you as the weather is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon_600 View Post
    Hey, I'm in London, I wouldn't mind checking it out for you as the weather is decent.
    Give this guy some beer.

Also, for getting it back, get yourself a CAA Plus membership for a little over $100 a year. You get up to 3 tows on a flatbed up to 200 km. just gotta tell the seller you need to take his plate and will mail it back to him as soon as you get home because CAA won't tow an unplated bike.

Quote Originally Posted by ifiddles View Post
    i CAN have much go wrong or i CAN'T have much go wrong?...if it's i CAN what could go wrong?...post reads like there can't be much to go wrong so i'm wondering if this is a typo?...

he says the scratches were there when he bought it and they happened during transport...
    Sorry typo, need breathalyzer on keyboard. Should read Can't. Should be a nice bike, enjoy!

thanks to carbon 600...you rock my dear!!!

he checked the bike out for me and says it's a solid bike as long as i'm not too picky about some cosmetic damage...going saturday to check it out, get it safetied and bring her home if all goes well...

and btw...the bf has a pickup that we'll transport the bike in, so i'm good to go on that...

congrats on finding a set of wheels! I hope the deal works out for you. I always recommend a set of new tires, unless the current tires are brand new (as in, have the lines/nubs on them still). You can never be too sure about the history of tires, your life depends on them. Give Pete's superbike or tony at blue streak racing a ring. If your strapping the ride to a truck, consider getting a set of canyon dancers, you can find them on ebay. Wrap a pair of socks around your grips first.

Hope the warm weather comes soon.
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.