Your favorite weekend/long weekend trips - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite weekend/long weekend trips

Re: Your favorite weekend/long weekend trips

Manitoulin is great.Red Lodge http://www.manitoulin-island.com/redlodge/ is very biker friendly.
    Stubby and I a couple years ago after the ride up.Our cabin is in the trees behind us.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Quote Originally Posted by Wasted View Post
    So many amazing options. I think I'll have to ease her in with some of the shorter Ontario trips and then maybe take a few days off and do a PA trip as well. With any luck I can convince her to get her own bike by the 2013 season and the longer routes will be more realistic for a 'weekend' trip. SO pumped for spring now....thanks to everyone for the posts and keep 'em coming!!
    Its easy to see what we all do on the weekends in the summer. Its all easy to see we forget sometimes that not everyone thinks of Tobermory as a "day trip"

Now the hardest part is going to be breaking it to your girlfriend on your first trip that she can't pack 5 changes of clothing, makeup, hair dryer, curling iron, matching shoes and bag for each outfit - I still remember the horror when my b/f told me I had one saddlebag on the Bandit for all my stuff for our 4 day trip. On the plus side, we ladies do get used to "grunging" it - and its added incentive for her to get her own bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    Manitoulin is great.Red Lodge http://www.manitoulin-island.com/redlodge/ is very biker friendly.
    Stubby and I a couple years ago after the ride up.Our cabin is in the trees behind us.
    Corona in a can? Wad up wit that?
    New to me for 2012.

Hey Rotten Ronnnie:

Are you the one that hit a dear on the 404 while travelling with a group of other riders on the 404 a few years ago?
    Aurora

That'd be me.

http://rottenxxxronnie.blogspot.com/...vs-bandit.html

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
    Hey Rotten Ronnnie:

Are you the one that hit a dear on the 404 while travelling with a group of other riders on the 404 a few years ago?

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieGirl View Post
    ...I still remember the horror when my b/f told me I had one saddlebag on the Bandit for all my stuff for our 4 day trip. On the plus side, we ladies do get used to "grunging" it - and its added incentive for her to get her own bike.
    I gave the ex two bags and kept a side case and the tankbag for myself. :P

'08 Suzuki DR650E

'94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post

She came to that realization the other day. I suggested that a good way to double the storage space would be for her to take over my bike and then I'll buy a new one. 2 bikes = 4 saddlebags!! It wasn't immediately shot down like I had expected it to be so I think that I'm making progress hahaha.
    2007 Yamaha R6
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Sold

She came to that realization the other day. I suggested that a good way to double the storage space would be for her to take over my bike and then I'll buy a new one. 2 bikes = 4 saddlebags!! It wasn't immediately shot down like I had expected it to be so I think that I'm making progress hahaha.

Congrats I wish ill get your luck with the wife this spring.
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400

For a weekend trip, you can go to Ottawa and back. If you take the side roads, and more twisty roads, you can make it a 700km a day trip.

For a small starter, you can ride to Huntsville via the backroads, and then take the backroads home the next day. This would be approx. 400km a day. (more or less, depending on how far you want to deviate).

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    I guess i'm spoiled.Stubby gets one saddlebag on the Couchrocket and i get the other.I can fit a 24 in the trunk!
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    I guess i'm spoiled.Stubby gets one saddlebag on the Couchrocket and i get the other.I can fit a 24 in the trunk!
    LMAO!

Happy wife, Happy life. :P

'08 Suzuki DR650E

'94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)

Well although I started as a passenger, there is of course no requirement that you log any time as a pillion before piloting your own bike. But on a slightly more serious note, the only reason to ride for either guys or gals to ride is because theyreally want to. If she really wants to ride, you won't have to talk her into it (encouragement and support are good - pressure is bad )

2 day weekend = Muskoka/LOBays
    3 day weekend = Pennsylvania
    4 day weekend = WV or Quebec
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

break her in slow.....cross the border and head up 219 to ellicotville...stop for a quick pint there, then head over to Letchworth state park ....slab it back to the outlets for some shopping and buffalo wings...rack up the points!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieGirl View Post
    Well although I started as a passenger, there is of course no requirement that you log any time as a pillion before piloting your own bike. But on a slightly more serious note, the only reason to ride for either guys or gals to ride is because theyreally want to. If she really wants to ride, you won't have to talk her into it (encouragement and support are good - pressure is bad )
    Her brand new jacket came in last night and she immediately checked the weather to see if there was a day to get out in the near future. I don't think that I'm going to need to 'pressure' her hahaha......I may have created a monster lol lol

I also have dirt bikes including a nice tame 4 stroke TTR230 so I think that in the spring when the fields dry out a little bit I'll get her on it and see how she likes it. No sense in shelling out the cash for a MSF until she knows that she wants to ride.
    2007 Yamaha R6
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Sold

i would love to find some hills where i can ride up and down, sadly there isn't one, plenty in BC i remember.
    1999 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Current)
    2010 Ninja 250R (Sold)

The other option is to keep your bike for yourself and get a dedicated sport touring for your 2up trips, luckily my fiancee is good with this. Now I get a second bike, just have to wait until the end of the season probably to buy it.

Make sure not to plan your first ride of the season as a weekend trip. Make it only a couple hours around town if need be until she gets comfortable being on for longer periods of time after not being on all winter. Remember that your seat is way more comfortable than hers and you want her to stay comfortable and build up to longer rides or she will loose interest faster than you want her to.

YAY I just scored a 18L tank for my SMC. Since I dont have to carry jerry cans I can finally do nice 2up camping trips.

I was considering going to killarney for may 24 weekend. I want to go through Manitoulin Island by taking a ferry from Tobermory. Is this a good idea? Any one wanna join?

Geez about time you got some range on that beast.....120k range at your speeds means gas stops every 45 min

Ferry is great but May 24 weekend roads and ferry will be jammed.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here