List top naked bikes for me! - Page 3

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: List top naked bikes for me!

Re: List top naked bikes for me!

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    I wouldn't get an ER-6N for the simple reason that Rob has one.

Works for me. The air of exclusivity, and all of that. Wouldn't want every Tom, Dick, and Norman riding one.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Ramtin, you have good taste my friend the KTM Superduke was a stella bike, I was one of the first people to pick one up in Canada and had it for a couple of years, put some serious KMs on it too and thoroughly enjoyed almost every one. You may find the odd second hand Superduke or SuperdukeR for sale if you’re lucky. Thankfully for you there are a lot more naked assortments available to you in Canada than in the past so you have a wide choice of nice machines. I’d disagree with you on the reliability part with the Ducati street fighter but we won’t go there. The KTM actually had a couple of Achilles heels from expanding/warping gas tanks to leaking water pumps but your right build quality is generally superb. Good luck whatever you choose.

Overpriced by $1500-$2000 IMHO but here is an example

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ316373588
    Last edited by topendz; 01-11-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Here you go, two bikes:

Italian beauties by qualdoth, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    I wouldn't get an ER-6N for the simple reason that Rob has one.

Of course, you wouldn't want to clash on your dates.

The only thing better than a Tuono is a new Tuono. These are awesome bikes because any time you feel like you need more excitement all you have to do is open the throttle more, they have enough and more to make anyone happy. They're up horsepower on anything but the z1000 and the Brutale - but that's not the whole story, because v-twin power delivery is brutal, sudden and always available. And they sound so sexy...

Take my word on it, (I think) I've decided not to trade my V60 in on the new V4 because it's just such an awesome bike, I can't justify the update.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

I second this! This is my dream bike for my upgrade. Taken it out on a demo ride and fell in love.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    yamaha FZ8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    Current: '90 GSXR 750
    2nd: '08 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    [Yoshimura TRS Slip-on; K&N Hi-Flo filter; Fenderectomy; Sprockets (F -1/15T-JT | R +2/46T-Driven) ; Renthal Gold Chain; AVON AV45/46 tyres (17K kms and counting) ]
    1st: '08 Honda CBR125R (SOLD)
    [Arrow Slip-on]

"Four wheels carries your body; two wheels carries your soul."
    "I don't ride to be seen, I ride to disappear."

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtin View Post
    HOLLY ****! I MENA **** ME! ER-6N is in Canada in 2012! i can't ****in believe this! finally a 600 cc naked bike in Canada that looks AMAZING!
    Im gonna have to go with everyone else and say WTF too... you went from talking about Superdukes and Streetfighters to an 8 valve 650cc parallel twin with parts-bin suspension components from 1999.

ER6-N is a nice enough bike for what it is (and its price range) but it in absolutely no way competes with the other bikes you listed.
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

I'm on a 2008 KTM Superduke.
    I was impressed with the amount of naked bikes and the prices. However, these bikes manage never to sell??? Great machines, work well, cheaper insurance, and they fail to sell ?
    The kawa650 Versys looks to be hit, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Warrior View Post
    Oh man, after talking about BMW'S K1300R, Duc Streetfighters, Z1000's, SuperDukes, Triumph nakeds.... you are actually considering a bike such as a ER-6N? Give your head a shake, slap yourself and snap back to reality.

excuse me? lol a 650 engine is way more than enough for street riding! it's a beautiful bike with a good price tag... what more can i ask for? yes the z1000 and the streetfighter are amazing super nakeds! that doesn't make the ER-6n any worse!

anyways!
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime" -Burt Munro

Most people tend to flock to supersports for the style and performance, and they don't even realize what a naked bike can actually offer in terms of both- plus 5x the comfort. My supersport days are long gone... it just doesn't make any sense for the street. The last few I owned, I installed aftermarket seats and raised clip-ons to get more comfortable, but that didn't come close to a sport-naked.

The other major part of the appeal is how (most) sport-nakeds are geared and put down their power. They're tuned for fatter midrange and have the gearing to take advantage of this sort of power delivery. They're designed to have the most power where street riders spend 95% of their time. I'm not sure why they don't appeal to more supersport owners. Streetfighter, Superduke R, Speed Triple, MV Brutale, Aprilia Tuono.. all of them are better looking than supersports to me. They all have that mean aggressive mechanical look to them.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    Im gonna have to go with everyone else and say WTF too... you went from talking about Superdukes and Streetfighters to an 8 valve 650cc parallel twin with parts-bin suspension components from 1999.

ER6-N is a nice enough bike for what it is (and its price range) but it in absolutely no way competes with the other bikes you listed.

"everyone else"? there is only one more person who said this! and i'm sorry but i disagree with both of you! the bottom line is, id you don't track your streetfighter, you aren't going to use even 70% of it's power in the streets... but a 650, u can use all of it (ALMOST)... if you had the money, why not! but don't be telling my my choice is not a good choice! i wasn't comparing the streetfighter with the ER6n... in fact you actually can, one just looks better with a bigger engine! so what? lol some of you bikers out there really kille me! "oh i gotta have the biggest and the best"... you should snap back to reality not me! think again! it's no9t about how big of an engine you got... it's about how much of it you can use on the streets! but whatever you're into! i'm happy with a 650 naked bike... i tried the HONDA HORNET in europe and it was amazing! it had plenty of torque and i hit 240 km/hour with it! that's enough for me unless i'm racing rossi!
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime" -Burt Munro

yes the z1000 and the streetfighter are amazing super nakeds! that doesn't make the ER-6n any worse!
    Um yeah actually it does, if you're comparing the two. ER-6N isn't even in the same ballpark as the other bikes you were discussing. You'll learn this for yourself if you ever get to ride them for comparison.

"everyone else"? there is only one more person who said this! and i'm sorry but i disagree with both of you! the bottom line is, id you don't track your streetfighter, you aren't going to use even 70% of it's power in the streets... but a 650, u can use all of it (ALMOST)... if you had the money, why not! but don't be telling my my choice is not a good choice! i wasn't comparing the streetfighter with the ER6n... in fact you actually can, one just looks better with a bigger engine! so what? lol some of you bikers out there really kille me! "oh i gotta have the biggest and the best"... you should snap back to reality not me! think again! it's no9t about how big of an engine you got... it's about how much of it you can use on the streets! but whatever you're into! i'm happy with a 650 naked bike... i tried the HONDA HORNET in europe and it was amazing! it had plenty of torque and i hit 240 km/hour with it! that's enough for me unless i'm racing rossi!
    Buddy, you're the one who brought up those bikes... unwad your panties. You asked for a list of top naked bikes and you got it, but then you creamed your pants over an ER6N. We're just telling you that the Kawi won't compare to the others. But you're a newb coming off a 250 so you don't understand this. I'm an experienced rider with tons of miles on tons of different bikes, so take my opinion for what its worth. A bigger engine IS better, and you use the extra power every time you twist the throttle. It has nothing to do with taking a bike to a track.

Most people tend to flock to supersports for the style and performance, and they don't even realize what a naked bike can actually offer in terms of both- plus 5x the comfort. My supersport days are long gone... it just doesn't make any sense for the street. The last few I owned, I installed aftermarket seats and raised clip-ons to get more comfortable, but that didn't come close to a sport-naked.

The other major part of the appeal is how (most) sport-nakeds are geared and put down their power. They're tuned for fatter midrange and have the gearing to take advantage of this sort of power delivery. They're designed to have the most power where street riders spend 95% of their time. I'm not sure why they don't appeal to more supersport owners. Streetfighter, Superduke R, Speed Triple, MV Brutale, Aprilia Tuono.. all of them are better looking than supersports to me. They all have that mean aggressive mechanical look to them.

you are absolutely right.. i LOVE the look of supersports but they are track bikes! not made for the streets!

Um yeah actually it does, if you're comparing the two. ER-6N isn't even in the same ballpark as the other bikes you were discussing. You'll learn this for yourself if you ever get to ride them for comparison.
    i disagree with both of you! the bottom line is, if you don't track your streetfighter, you aren't going to use even 70% of it's power in the streets... but a 650, u can use all of it (ALMOST)... if you had the money, why not! but don't be telling my my choice is not a good choice! i wasn't comparing the streetfighter with the ER6n... in fact you actually can, one just looks better with a bigger engine! so what? lol some of you bikers out there really kille me! "oh i gotta have the biggest and the best"... you should snap back to reality not me! think again! it's no9t about how big of an engine you got... it's about how much of it you can use on the streets! but whatever you're into! i'm happy with a 650 naked bike... i tried the HONDA HORNET in europe and it was amazing! it had plenty of torque and i hit 240 km/hour with it! that's enough for me unless i'm racing rossi!
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 01-11-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Removed insult

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    Ramtin, you have good taste my friend the KTM Superduke was a stella bike, I was one of the first people to pick one up in Canada and had it for a couple of years, put some serious KMs on it too and thoroughly enjoyed almost every one. You may find the odd second hand Superduke or SuperdukeR for sale if you’re lucky. Thankfully for you there are a lot more naked assortments available to you in Canada than in the past so you have a wide choice of nice machines. I’d disagree with you on the reliability part with the Ducati street fighter but we won’t go there. The KTM actually had a couple of Achilles heels from expanding/warping gas tanks to leaking water pumps but your right build quality is generally superb. Good luck whatever you choose.

Overpriced by $1500-$2000 IMHO but here is an example

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ316373588
    thanks brother for the info!

read this again little boy!..

i disagree with both of you! the bottom line is, if you don't track your streetfighter, you aren't going to use even 70% of it's power in the streets... but a 650, u can use all of it (ALMOST)... if you had the money, why not! but don't be telling my my choice is not a good choice! i wasn't comparing the streetfighter with the ER6n... in fact you actually can, one just looks better with a bigger engine! so what? lol some of you bikers out there really kille me! "oh i gotta have the biggest and the best"... you should snap back to reality not me! think again! it's no9t about how big of an engine you got... it's about how much of it you can use on the streets! but whatever you're into! i'm happy with a 650 naked bike... i tried the HONDA HORNET in europe and it was amazing! it had plenty of torque and i hit 240 km/hour with it! that's enough for me unless i'm racing rossi!
    That's cool, you're allowed to disagree. But you're wrong. You use the extra power every time you twist the throttle open. Just because you don't ping against the rev limiter in every gear doesn't mean you're not using the colossal amount of torque a 1098 Streetfighter has to offer from 2000rpm. The bigger engine makes it a better street bike. It revs lower, it has more usable power ALL across the rev range in ANY gear. In addition to this usability, it also has power to match a freight train above 6000rpm.

Your mentality is all too common and all too wrong. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Yes a 650 is "plenty" for the street. But so is a 125. So why don't you stick to your 250 then?

For your info Ramtin , BIGGER engine, more torque and power = more street friendly.

Smaller engine, less torque and power = LESS street friendly.