$474 a year for Insurance on a late model 650 cc from TD!!!! Pleasant surprise

Thread: $474 a year for Insurance on a late model 650 cc from TD!!!! Pleasant surprise

$474 a year for Insurance on a late model 650 cc from TD!!!! Pleasant surprise

Basic coverage but TD finally has come through with some savings.
    For those that might have written them off ( I almost did not get a quote as they've been such a joke in the past. )

$591 with collision and comp not bad either and that is before any multiple vehicle discount which will be my next stop since I need a different car insurer anyway. ( agent and company divorced and I like my agent )

Check it out

https://insurance2.group.tdinsurance...rcsite=generic
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Re: $474 a year for Insurance on a late model 650 cc from TD!!!! Pleasant surprise

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    Basic coverage but TD finally has come through with some savings.
    For those that might have written them off ( I almost did not get a quote as they've been such a joke in the past. )

$591 with collision and comp not bad either and that is before any multiple vehicle discount which will be my next stop since I need a different car insurer anyway. ( agent and company divorced and I like my agent )

Check it out

https://insurance2.group.tdinsurance...rcsite=generic
    They are the best for my car, but motorcycle it's a joke. I haven't asked for a quote lately but in 2008 they wanted 4k for a new zx6r, State farm gave me a quote for 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Re: $474 a year for Insurance on a late model 650 cc from TD!!!! Pleasant surprise

Don't really see that being all that great. That's what I pay on a 600ss this year (well $10 more per year). I could be wrong but I think i'm a lot younger then you as well.

Primmum?
    1999 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Current)
    2010 Ninja 250R (Sold)

just for fun, i pay $1100 w/ SF now, my quote was $2616
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Mine $339. with Primmum. ZZR250

Jevco im paying $2400 with specified perils, no collision.
    Did the TD online quote and got $3400.

I am 22 mind you and ride an SV1000S
    Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner

Instructor @ Learning Curves

Yeah TD used to be a joke so I was pleasantly surprised and with a multiple vehicle discount the bike will come down to $440 or so. The insured value on the 650 is $9,000 if that makes any difference.

It's Meloche Monnex doing the TD underwriting.
    Van insurance seems about the same across the board - around $1250.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

I got quoted $3100 for my ninja 250. I'm 24 with over 5 years of driving experience with a G license but only 7 months since I got my M1. I got a quote from Duffy and its the same... Why is it so fricken expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Slono View Post
    I got quoted $3100 for my ninja 250. I'm 24 with over 5 years of driving experience with a G license but only 7 months since I got my M1. I got a quote from Duffy and its the same... Why is it so fricken expensive?
    State Farm: Your under 25.
    Duffy: You don't have 1 year experience

If you look through this section you will see alot of posts the same as what your asking.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

I just sold my 02 GSXR TD was the only ones that would insure me $3200 a year I sold it and get a 07 SV650S TD quoted $2200 so I switched to riders plus $1080.

I'm mid 30s new immigrant so limited Canadian experience G license 1 1/2 year M2 9 months.
    2007 SV650S
    2002 GSX-R 750 (SOLD)
    2005 ZX636 (SOLD)
    2003 R6 (SOLD)

i pay $1300 through riders plus for a 2011 KLR650 and A 2005 electra glide, full coverage on both bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    Yeah TD used to be a joke so I was pleasantly surprised and with a multiple vehicle discount the bike will come down to $440 or so. The insured value on the 650 is $9,000 if that makes any difference.

It's Meloche Monnex doing the TD underwriting.
    Van insurance seems about the same across the board - around $1250.
    The value of the bike has very little to do with insurance rates. It might be lower than expected because it's a scooter. A large CC scooter, but a scooter none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by rbjeepthing View Post
    Don't really see that being all that great. That's what I pay on a 600ss this year (well $10 more per year). I could be wrong but I think i'm a lot younger then you as well.
    +1.

TD is quoted my 800cc BMW for $479. full coverage. When I told them about my 3 tickets, they upped the charge by $75. My bike is insured for $11,000+ value.

Im sure a $9000 650cc would have been even cheaper.

** edit.......we also have our home and car with them as well.

Last edited by SunnY S; 04-28-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Try putting in a Ninja 650 or SV650...I am betting that TD sees those bikes as amuch larger risk than a 650 scooter.
    Scooters generally appeal to people like my father, who probably seem very low risk by the insurance companies standards.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

I tried the TD webform and I got a quote for ~$6500. Clean record, 24yo, one claim due to vandalism, bike value $4k full M unrestricted for the last year and a year on m/c insurance. They don't factor in my on-road experience with other licences or how long I've held my M1/2.

This will be the second year with td and been cheapest. I guess that makes me happy.