Got Touring Plans for 2012? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got Touring Plans for 2012?

Re: Got Touring Plans for 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelieboy View Post
    Deals gap in April for the first time Going to be riding the CBR125R, should be fun!
    you know theres snow in them there hills.......but you always do things too early..LOL
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

Quote Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
    Are you riding down?
    Trailering down.
    Super Sport Touring Ride Reports

Epic Trip from Toronto to California on a 600RR

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR
    2008 Honda CBR125R (Sold)
    1993 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by GSXMAER View Post
    you know theres snow in them there hills.......but you always do things too early..LOL
    I successfully rode through a snowstorm on the 600. We'll see if it can be done on a 125.
    Super Sport Touring Ride Reports

Epic Trip from Toronto to California on a 600RR

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR
    2008 Honda CBR125R (Sold)
    1993 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

A buddy and I are looking to Deals Gap for early June, and I'm hoping to entice a couple other guys who ride a lot to join us. No camping expected.
    At the end of August is the Cowboy Curve Reunion, this year held in Duluth, Minn. It was in Boise Idaho last summer, and I wasn't up for such a long haul as my first long trip since 1971. Instead we went to the BMW MOA in Bloomsburg PA in July. That rally is even further south this July (Missouri?), losing its appeal if hotter than the 40˚C of the 2011 trip.
    Any advice as to which months are the lightest, and heaviest, in traffic at Deals Gap?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    Any advice as to which months are the lightest, and heaviest, in traffic at Deals Gap?
    Last year a couple of us went on the last week of June (Wed-Thu) and ran the Dragon twice. We caught up to one guy the whole time (who moved over) and weren't passed by anyone, and we were not going fast at all

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    A buddy and I are looking to Deals Gap for early June, and I'm hoping to entice a couple other guys who ride a lot to join us. No camping expected.
    At the end of August is the Cowboy Curve Reunion, this year held in Duluth, Minn. It was in Boise Idaho last summer, and I wasn't up for such a long haul as my first long trip since 1971. Instead we went to the BMW MOA in Bloomsburg PA in July. That rally is even further south this July (Missouri?), losing its appeal if hotter than the 40˚C of the 2011 trip.
    Summer weekends are packed with with all sorts of traffic & 2-3 police radar traps. Weekdays are a different story but the police are still an issue. If you can do a Summer Mon-Thu trip you're golden. May seems to be the best month as the weather feels like our Summer and the tourist season hasn't quite started. I enjoyed my Oct trip better because the colours in the mountains were exploding yet the temps were still warm yet cool enough to keep you comfortable in full gear. I also didn't see a single cop the entire time in October.
    New to me for 2012.

Vancouver, Monterey California for MotoGP, LA, Indianapolis for MotoGP, home.

Should keep me busy for a few weeks.

I'm riding to James Bay this summer and heading to the Midwest US on a business trip with stops in Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis.

Other than that I will be taking in some back road riding on my dirt bike.

I'm all signed up! See you in Munich on Septembr 27th! I'll be the guy on the Kawi ER-6n

Looks like you'll need to add another continent to your map

Maybe ALaska sooner than I thought. Conti just releases the TKC80 knobbie in 17" sportbike sizes!

SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    Maybe ALaska sooner than I thought. Conti just releases the TKC80 knobbie in 17" sportbike sizes!

me Likey

Im planning a trip from Milton to Vancouver in july on my 02 R6, Fist season riding so should be interesting but i am up for the journey.
    Not to hijack but i posted a thread regarding this trip in General Discussions and Rides/hookups asking for some recommended routes and roads or any advice.
    Cheers., Geoff
    2002 Yamaha R6
    Americana Soft Seats Costom Gelled Seat
    Hindle Slip-on, K&N Air FilterProton Flush Mount Signals
    Red Rim Stripe
    8k HIDs