what about race school

Thread: what about race school

what about race school

hey you all have been so helpfull so.....now give me the low down on race school as I believe I need to go to one to start racing in SOAR ....give me all opinions...thanks a head of time

Re: what about race school

Only two options these days. FAST with Micheal Mercier, ex pro racer. Did stage 1 with him and was pretty happy, instructors were helpful. Bikes available to rent are a fleet of 600's and some 250ninja's. Gear available to rent as well. Day started out with some light in class stuff and drills. Most of the day runs like that and there's a combination of fixed drills (focusing on things like braking) followed by open lapping sessions. each session is followed up by comments from the instructors. Instructors were friendly and seemed approachable and all in all I thought it was enjoyable and an appropriate intro course.

Racer5 is the other option and they seem to have a very well thought out program catering to helping racing n00bs make the transition from track days to racing. can't tell you how their events run, but I have booked something like 5+ days with them and there's quite a few threads praising their program. To their credit their sales/customer service is beyond reproach.
    Current:
    2006 GSX-R 600
    SOAR #46. Please don't hurt the FNG lol

Racer5 is the way to go. Especially if you plan on racing with SOAR. They run great programs that follow the SOAR schedule, and part of the school includes racing with SOAR.

If you choose Fast you need min Level 2 to get a license with us.

SOAR also has their own race school on the Friday before every round.
    98.1 Free FM's Racing Team
    SOAR 2011 Old Boys Championship Runner-up.
    Rocket.ca womex.ca TracksideCuts.com stoopidracing.com

hawkeye how do I get info on SOAR school ,...I found info on the others...sounds interesting

Call the office and leave a message Tracy will call you back. 905-697-3174 if you have specific questions email me or post here and I will try to answer them