Recomendations for Track plastics painter in GTA

Thread: Recomendations for Track plastics painter in GTA

Recomendations for Track plastics painter in GTA

Looking for a painter for track skins in GTA

Thanks

Re: Recomendations for Track plastics painter in GTA

Try Ken 'Kneedragger88' on here. He may be able to do it for you.

A few guys on here ..

I use "cheekeebandito" but he is closed down for the season.

There is also "chinto"
    Kneedragger88 as mentioned above.

And Db ninja just posted up some pictures of his work recently which turned out half decent.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Hahaha already done three jobs this year and its only the 4th. How in the hell did I turn into a painter? Well kinda a painter

What's your rate? I hope you are cheaper than usuals here ... LOL Maybe I have a tank and fairing s for you. Common.

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    What's your rate? I hope you are cheaper than usuals here ... LOL Maybe I have a tank and fairing s for you. Common.
    Cheap and paint jobs just dont go together.

If you want cheap, spray bomb them yourself. You will find with cheap, after 2 months the paint to be chipping off or something.
    Been there, done that.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Cheap doesnt compute for proper paint. Bought a gallon of clear and activator yesturday that was 160plus a quart of colour runs 50-110 depending on the colour. reds and yellows are the most expensive, there are far more expensive paints than I use (I use Nason (Dupont). When you start talking multiple colours and prep time the $$$$ add up in a hurry. But you get what you pay for. Rattle can paint jobs arent worth the time to apply it in my opinion. even if its really well done it doesnt hold a candle to proper base clear in shine and finish. Not to mention a simple gas spill will strip your rattle can paint. Just my opinion.

I don't live in the gta...

Plus im pretty much done for the year. I just do enough to pay for my track days for the year.

kneedragger is right... Material can cost a arm and a leg,. and we are not even talking labour yet...

gallon of dupont chromaclear with hardner and reducer is 350 bucks

heres a example

quart of lexus black
    quart of camaro green
    pearl additive
    gallon of clear...(didnt use the entire gallon)
    $530

30hr labour $$$

This is the kind of stuff i like to do.
    painting track bikes, get me on the track.... lol

All depends on what is important to you. I spray bomb once or twice a season (depending on crashes). As with most track riders, I care about going fast, not looking pretty. If your worried about scratching your paint job on the track, your not focusing on riding. Each to their own.

Duct tape and zip ties are the norm at the track, no one really cares what your ride looks like at the track, its how you use it.
    Last edited by smergy; 01-05-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Agreed I used to think like that until I lost a sponsor because of the way my bikes looked. I took the time to teach myself how to paint to rectify that. I am not trying to drum up business because honestly I hate doing it and have a waiting list all the time. That said if your a track day guy and dont mind looking a little ratty then rattle can may be an option. To take the next step you can get single stage paint with reducer and hardner for about $150 to paint it right, I dont think thats too much. Wont give the same finish results but its at least cured paint. BTW Nice work db ninja that looks great but wow the labour must have been insane.

I bought a crashed race bike that had minimal damage. By the time I fixed all the fiberglass and prepped/painted it I was 16 hrs into it and bought about $300 worth of supplies so if I paid someone it would have been alot of money. It looked ok and held up after pouring race gas all over it but I'll be redoing it for the beginning of the year with proper paint. I ended up crashing the bike right after I did all the work (always read the instructions) kinda happy I cheaped out on paint lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Agreed I used to think like that until I lost a sponsor because of the way my bikes looked. I took the time to teach myself how to paint to rectify that. I am not trying to drum up business because honestly I hate doing it and have a waiting list all the time. That said if your a track day guy and dont mind looking a little ratty then rattle can may be an option. To take the next step you can get single stage paint with reducer and hardner for about $150 to paint it right, I dont think thats too much. Wont give the same finish results but its at least cured paint. BTW Nice work db ninja that looks great but wow the labour must have been insane.
    This.

For the trackday crowd it's just your friends on Facebook that will care how ratty your bike looks.

For anyone racing with a sponsor or sponsors.. image is important.

If you want Pro quality paint job call Stephen at Durham Top Quality Collision, 905-430-1165. Tell him I sent you. BUT it is a Pro job and will cost you good money.

Or as mentioned you can get your paint color choice pre-mixed in a rattle can with clear coat in it. All in one. Do light coats and wet sand between coats. I've done a few like this and with patience it can turn out really good.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Subscribed to thread.I need to patch up the Muffin for next year without spending a bunch of cash.I may have to rattle can it. I have a new tail,but it's yellow.And all the glass repair is done.But the tank has a dent in it and i can't find "checkered paint" at Cdn Tire!
    Last edited by Wingboy; 01-05-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Come see me at the show Rick lets talk about what you want. Black and white isnt too bad at least there isnt red or yellow in it.

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    Cheap and paint jobs just dont go together.

If you want cheap, spray bomb them yourself. You will find with cheap, after 2 months the paint to be chipping off or something.
    Been there, done that.
    I was kind of joking, I guessed you missed that ...

But these threads always end up going the same direction .... one group say they could care less and spray bombs (because they are an amateur track rider with no sponsor ....). The other group calls it cheap and recommends doing the right way (because they care about the look or have a sponsor). Is it really impossible to understand that there's a room for both methods?

BTW, I spray bombed stuff myself and the paint never started chipping after two months. Never, unless something disturbs the paint physically (you crash it or a rock hits or something ...). Exposing the tank to a gasoline obviously will leave marks.