KTM 690 track kit

Thread: KTM 690 track kit

KTM 690 track kit

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2012/January/jan0312-german-tuning-firm-builds-ktm-rc4-690r-track-machine/

Pretty sweet looking kit for the 690 Duke. It's already an awesome bike 70hp and less than 330lbs...track day weapon!
    Last edited by mmmnaked; 01-03-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

Re: KTM 690 track kit

incredible!
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

I would have sex with that bike.
    New to me for 2012.

If only KTM would call this their new street legal 600cc bike they decided to market in Canada .... what are chances of that? The Leafs will probably win the cup sooner ....

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    If only KTM would call this their new street legal 600cc bike they decided to market in Canada .... what are chances of that? The Leafs will probably win the cup sooner ....
    The 690 Duke is street legal, you can easily put this kit on a road bike and have something nobody else is riding.

Keep in mind it's a lightweight single cylinder bike so it has about as much in common with a 600 as it does with a Hummer.

Wow. That is one sexy bike
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Weird combo....I like

Yup, She's Purrrdy!
    2001 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    1986 Suzuki GS750ES (New paint & GSXR goodies in progress)
    2007 Honda CBR125 "The Mistress" Gone but not forgotten

That's a kit for the 690 SMC?.. That is pretty badass. Supermoto Superbike?
    1996 Kawasaki KLR 250
    2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfetus View Post
    That's a kit for the 690 SMC?.. That is pretty badass. Supermoto Superbike?

690 Duke, not SMC...

Oh Hell Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    The 690 Duke is street legal, you can easily put this kit on a road bike and have something nobody else is riding.

Keep in mind it's a lightweight single cylinder bike so it has about as much in common with a 600 as it does with a Hummer.
    I don't think I would say you could do that easily and realistically. The market with used Duke is non-existent here in North America, especially in Canada. KTM has not sold Duke here since 2011, for some unknown reason.

Even if I could do it I would not, because the price is just way too much when all things are said and done. Hence KTM should have done this long time ago. For 12K (price od old Duke in 2010 I believe) I would seriously consider it. I hate traditional 600cc sport bikes to be ridden on canadian streets. For "fast" tracks like Cayuga or Grand Bend this bike would be golden.
    Last edited by mxs; 01-03-2012 at 07:23 PM.

I see 690 Dukes pop up for sale every now and again... cost is another factor

Personally I'd ride the Duke as it was, because it's an awesome bike... but this kit is extra-bling. Functional too, as it sounds like you get a whole bunch of stuff for the money including suspension bits or something? I can't find the manufacturer.

I was getting it confused with that other large KTM 990 I think. Derppp
    1996 Kawasaki KLR 250
    2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    I see 690 Dukes pop up for sale every now and again... cost is another factor

Personally I'd ride the Duke as it was, because it's an awesome bike... but this kit is extra-bling. Functional too, as it sounds like you get a whole bunch of stuff for the money including suspension bits or something? I can't find the manufacturer.
    From time to time they do, but I never had the luck when I had a look at the time I was interested in them. Then I test rode 09 model and was not thrilled. I mean it was fun, but not to a point of paying 12K + tax and waiting months .... the other thing is KTM support in Canada in general. KTM is non-existent in a very puzzling way. It seems they only think people here are interested in their dirt bikes ...

The kit info is all on their website, but all in German ....

http://www.mototech.de/index.php?page=news

Rough translation indicate that there's no suspension stock parts replacement included. They just played with the geometry to make sure the bike behaves they wanted. They recommend replacing the stock springs for stiffer especially if you want to do track only.

There were already some reviews in mags, but only in german again ... but with some nice pics and charts ...

http://www.mototech.de/uploads/image...20Okt.2011.pdf
    http://www.mototech.de/uploads/image...20Okt.2011.pdf

not baaad.. defenetly looks good
    if speed doesnt scare you, the truck around the corner will.

2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Current
    2004 Suzuki GSXR 1000 - Stolen
    2000 Suzuki GSXR 750 - Sold
    1995 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R - Sold

the 690 is the most powerful single ever built. Problem being is that they become high strung and maintainace intensive when a bike is tuned to be so powerful. The 690's tend to eat cams very early, and almost 80% of 690 owners complain if poor ecu programming from the factory causing stalling issues and abrupt throttle snatchiness.....and there is no available tuning software like power commanders etc. There used to be one called Tuneboy out of Australia, but the guy who came up with it has dropped off the face of the earth.

That being said, I have a bigger brother to the 690, and I'd trade straight up any day of the week for a Duke or 690 SM(R).
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

People do complain about poor fueling, and I experienced it myself early on but I got used to it. Most others throw money at the bike until the "problem" goes away, but to me it simply made more sense to just learn to ride with a 'snatchy' throttle. I prefer it that way now, nice and sensitive.

I thought the cam eaters were the predecessor to 690 mill ...