Bridgestone Battlax S20's

Thread: Bridgestone Battlax S20's

Bridgestone Battlax S20's

Does anyone know when/if this new model is available in Canada yet? If so Where, sizes etc....

Thank you

Re: Bridgestone Battlax S20's

Not available in Europe until later this month and Japan in February so I doubt you'll see it here prior to Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBruce View Post
    Not available in Europe until later this month and Japan in February so I doubt you'll see it here prior to Spring.
    bummer... hopefully when i need em, they show up!

thx

I've got my eye on these tires too. They were released in Europe on Jan 1st and will be released in Japan on February 1st. I hope that means they'll be released in Canada/US by March or April.

If anyone finds an actual review of these tires (not any of the marketing hype currently available) please post it up.

Here's a link to a comparison between the BT016 Pro and the S20. It also includes the sizes that the S20 will be available in.

http://www.bridgestone.com/products/...ttlax/s20.html

so far I've loved the 016 (non pro) on my bike, might have to give these a shot if the price is reasonable...

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    so far I've loved the 016 (non pro) on my bike, might have to give these a shot if the price is reasonable...

The Pros are a lot better in the wet compared to the non-pros. Pros won a European wet weather test for Hypersport tires. The S20's are supposed to be even better all around: wet, warm up, dry grip....

The S20 are the tires I will be buying this spring. Hopefully they are available this spring here.

In a 2010 Motorcyce USA tire test of 10 tires the 16 beat the Michelin 2CT, especially at hot side grip when the 2CT's get greasy. 2CT are an approximately 6 year old tire in fairness.
    Last edited by Ikan; 02-11-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Life's time is finite. Be honest & Let's Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikan View Post
    The S20 are the tires I will be buying this spring. Hopefully they are available this spring here.
    I emailed Bridgestone this week and actually got a reply back. The S20s will be available in the US and Canada in April. He didn't give me a specific date though. Hopefully they do what they did in Europe and Japan and release it on the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by mroberto View Post
    I emailed Bridgestone this week and actually got a reply back. The S20s will be available in the US and Canada in April. He didn't give me a specific date though. Hopefully they do what they did in Europe and Japan and release it on the 1st.
    hmmm good news. I'm going to get new tires when I go to the gap, maybe I'll see if Wheeler can get these for me.

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

Sounds good. Thanx for the info. Petes Superbike hopefully will have some then.
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Life's time is finite. Be honest & Let's Ride.

This is great news!!! I heard romours it wasnt going to be on the dealers shelves till sept buy the time they release to dealers to order!

I'm soooo looking forward to getting some and putting them to use!!!! LOL
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

I finally found a review for the S20. It's extremely short, but at least it's something.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/03/30...per-sport-s20/

Sounds like they had the official press introduction in March so we should be seeing more reviews soon.