Ceramic Exhaust Powder Coating - Rusting - Thumbs Down - North of Brampton

Thread: Ceramic Exhaust Powder Coating - Rusting - Thumbs Down - North of Brampton

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ceramic Exhaust Powder Coating - Rusting - Thumbs Down - North of Brampton

I will not name the company because they've used 3 strikes with me already and I wouldn't not even bother with them if they offered to re-coat. I cannot trust my parts with this guy. I will say the company at one time did advertise on this webpage and are located North of Brampton.

I had my brand new 2-stroke exhaust coated at this location approx 3 years ago. 2 other items with this vendor and the three full strikes were earned and I've never been back. I thought I was done with them... however it seems bad workmanship can show up later.

The exhaust is rusting through the ceramic coating!

My bike hasn't been drive a great deal, maybe in the 3 years 3000km? I believe the 1st year the parts were ready I didn't even get them on the bike. I was caught in the rain 1 time during this period and that was a short distance from home. The bike and I have never had an accident, neither has the exhaust been scraped on the ground or scratched during installation. The bike has fairings so the exhaust at least directly cannot blast road bits at the exhaust parts.

I simply believe the coating was to thin or the company failed to prep completely and properly.

Hard to find, disposable income wasted - Do not believe this guy when he says he's the best. Aftermarket exhaust is expensive enough and I would have thought this gentleman would have appreciated what he was working on.

No way I can afford to have this coating removed and redone - hello BBQ paint.

Last edited by YamahaFazor; 01-01-2012 at 10:42 PM.