Where to buy battery cables?

Thread: Where to buy battery cables?

Where to buy battery cables?

Restoring my 1982 Honda CB900F one of the battery cables from the starter solenoid is missing. I have a thin wire running right now but of course with all the amps going through it its burning up real quick.

Where can I find battery cables that can be cut and crimped with the right size connectors? looking for something like this... looks like it will cost $40-$60 to order them from somwhere in the US but im pretty sure something like this can be made locally.... I wouldn't mind replacing the old negative battery and positive battery cable at the same time

Lets Ride

Re: Where to buy battery cables?

These might be what you're looking for:

http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-deta...roduct_id=3804

Hope that helps.

There is a huge list of junk yards in the Dealers section of this forum. I'm sure someone will have a compatible set there.

I go to A-1 Electronics near Sherway Gardens. You're probably looking for the 8 gauge power cable. Or you can upgrade to a heavier 4 gauge. You can probably reuse the old connectors if they're not soldered to the wires.

http://www.a1parts.ca/wirescables/wi...nd%20cable.htm
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

If you have a decent car audio place that does installs close by, they will have all the supplies you need.
    I'm sure Lowe's or some place like it has bulk ends and you can get the wire by the foot also.
    Last edited by bender; 01-01-2012 at 07:33 AM.
    2001 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    1986 Suzuki GS750ES (New paint & GSXR goodies in progress)
    2007 Honda CBR125 "The Mistress" Gone but not forgotten

Great ideas everybody! Thanks for the tips. I think the siriusconinc place looks promising, already made nicely done cables and the audio place sounds like a good idea too, I know those guys need huge cables to handle the wattage from their stereos.

Thanks again !!
    Lets Ride

You can always contact Glen @ Flying Squirrel motorcylce, he can source stuff like this.

No luck with Glen he just recommended a surplus electronics store but it's a little out of my area. Gonna try contact a couple of car audio places first and see if they can help. I like what I see from that sirius place but I don't have exact measurements yet. No luck with napa automotive stores either.

I wonder what canadian tire has ... They show cables on their website of different lengths but not sure if the end pieces are the same as a bike battery has to car batteries.
    Lets Ride

Any decent auto parts store will have an assortment of ends and whatever cable you desire. For Brampton/Mississauga, John's Auto Parts, Napa, etc.
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloX19 View Post
    Any decent auto parts store will have an assortment of ends and whatever cable you desire. For Brampton/Mississauga, John's Auto Parts, Napa, etc.
    Im actually quite surprised. Nothing at Canadian tire, Napa auto had no clue and I also tried Partsource as well. None of them were able to help.

Ill be at snow city tomorow they have some cables apparently.
    Lets Ride

You could also try any Stater and Alternator rebuilder. They usually have all the parts to make custom cables.

Princess auto has bulk cable in several different gauges available. It's beside the bulk chain and rope. They also have the "lug" terminal ends in many sizes. Pick up some shrink tube as well and you can make some nice professional looking cables in no time.

Other then that most auto parts places should carry all those parts. Tractor supply stores or other ag or industrial stores will also have them. I would avoid the car audio stores simply because you will end up paying way too much for brightly colored under sized cables
    VN9008CF - Candy Lime Green.

Actually come to think of it, I'm sure I have some cable in the garage that would suit your purpose if needed
    VN9008CF - Candy Lime Green.