Paint question for ZX6r (how much needed and where to buy)

Thread: Paint question for ZX6r (how much needed and where to buy)

Paint question for ZX6r (how much needed and where to buy)

I need to find a source where I can order paint that matches to this colour for the Kawasaki Ninja ZX6r 636..

Does anybody know where I can purchase such paint for a reasonable price and also does anyone know how much paint is required to paint the headlight fairing and the mid right side fairing... need to have it all done and ready for the spring for the very first day comes around to go for a ride....

Any help you guys can share would be awesome..

Once again... Need colour matching paint and an idea how much is required for the headlight fairing and mid right fairing to be painted the same colour..

THANKS GUYS/GIRLS!

http://www.kawiforums.com/attachments/sale-motorcycles/22905d1243376672-2006-zx6r-636-magma-red-5500-100_5790.jpg
    Last edited by -B-Rye; 12-28-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Re: Paint question for ZX6r (how much needed and where to buy)

Pretty much the only company that has exact match is colorrite

unless you want to try spraybombs, a quart is the smallest sprayable size, which would give you more than enough...

http://www.colorrite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by db ninja View Post
    Pretty much the only company that has exact match is colorrite

unless you want to try spraybombs, a quart is the smallest sprayable size, which would give you more than enough...

http://www.colorrite.com/
    What is the site for spraybombs?... I checked out quickly for the pricing on a quart and its listed at about $200 US.. now that is a nice pricey amount in the end.. this is another reason why i wanted to maybe avoid colorrite the best i could because i know they are the best for matching but also the best for high prices...

any other idea's guys?

I would never buy from colorrite just because of the cost, unfortantaly they have the rights from the motorcycle manufatures to produce their paint..

take a panal off bring it to napa, and see if they can color match it.

it wont be right on but it will be close. (unless its a tri-coat color.)

if you want to save money see if they can mix the color you need in a single stage. instead of bc/cc

As db said ColorRite has the rights,I ordered a pen and half-pint with shipping and tax to my door for under $160 CND, painted a nose cone and both side fairings with half-pint with some left over.You will spend more time di....g around trying to match when these guys are as close as your going to get.
    Or spend hundreds buying OEM plastics already painted,Oh ya and don't forget the decals $$$$
    Last edited by rocket12r; 12-28-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Life begins at 186mph,mirrors are optional

Quote Originally Posted by rocket12r View Post
    As db said ColorRite has the rights,I ordered a pen and half-pint with shipping and tax to my door for under $160 CND, painted a nose cone and both side fairings with half-pint with some left over.You will spend more time di....g around trying to match when these guys are as close as your going to get.
    Or spend hundreds buying OEM plastics already painted,Oh ya and don't forget the decals $$$$
    Alright, I figured it would be the best route to go in the end but honestly how much paint would I need.. A full quart for a full nose fairing and 1 side mid fairing on a ZX6?.. Seriously?

I don't need it to match 100% but close enough really.. So honestly need to buy a whole Quart for those two pieces?

If you think its too expensive....leave it the way it is. It's just battle scars. Rock them with pride. Fix it when you have the money to fix it properly....just my opinion. As a matter of how much, rocket12r said half-pint was more than enough for two side fairings and a nose cone, so you'll need less than half a pint for sure. I don't think they sell a quantity less than half pint that'll be enough so you'll have to order half-pint.
    Hope you read this....cuz rocket12r's post had the answer to your question.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/signaturepics/sigpic29682_1.gif

I was not a part of that class.

QUARTER LITRE WITH CHEESE

yes a 1/2 pint would be plenty...

I didnt think colorrite sold sprayable paints in anything less then a quart.

but napa u can get alot less.

I sprayed my entire track bike with a pint
    Last edited by TheDutchDream; 12-29-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks for all the information and helpful idea's guys... will look into just obtaining a 1/2 pint from Colorrite in the new year and have it painted for the 1st ride of 2012.