This is BS!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is BS!!

Re: This is BS!!

Quote Originally Posted by elton_t View Post
    Bike alone policy only. I am pretty sure for non-sportbike jevco(thru broker) is the cheapest for young riders, for sport bike - facility(thru broker) is the cheapest.

21 myself paying $2500 for r6, paid $1800 for ninja when i was 20.

Which broker are you using?

Sorry dude but that rate sounds about right. I bought my ninja 250r when I was 22 years old. Clean record, new rider, coarse taken, G2M2. Got a quote from TD again last year on the ninja, 24 years old now, still about 4k(7months). Again clean record etc, etc. I ride a Yamaha R6 now, brand new and was paying 436 per month last year (12 months state farm). Believe me I know exactly how you feel. There is no other cheaper insurance company ( I've tried v.v ) as far as I know. People here will suggest some, but majority companies have restrictions such as "you must be riding for 5 years" -_-. Truth be told THEY DO NOT WANT YOU RIDING NOR DO THEY TRUST YOU. I'll be turning 25 this April and my R6 Insurance drops to 138 per month (12months). Oh, and location matters also. Live in Brampton/Sauga... forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoR View Post
    It is exactly how u say with the exact date. But when i did get my insurance the agent on the phone said to me that my $3000 that ill be paying will cover me from june 2011 to june 2012, but my insurance slip that they will mail me will expire in feb 2012 and ill need to contact them at that time and they will send me a new one for no cost. That is the very reason as i bought the motorcycle in the first place as i would not have payed $3000 for 4 months of insurance under any circumstances. This is the reason i asked if i could take any legal action because i pretty much duped into this, even tho i have no record of it.

Yes sir i did. But TD gave me the best rate at the time so i went with them.

I did not sign anything as everything was done on phone. I simply recieved the insurance slip via mail.
    I'm not sure what kind of action you can take. It was probably an honest mistake on the agent's part (if they're not too familiar with bike policies), but a mistake that should not have happened. You could try contacting their ombudsman and seeing what they have to say about it.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)