Arai Vector2 feedback please

Thread: Arai Vector2 feedback please

Arai Vector2 feedback please

Thinking of buying one for the track.Any feedback?Ventilation,weight etc?
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Re: Arai Vector2 feedback please

Assuming its the same or similar to the original Vector (I could be wrong though) I highly recommend it. Been riding with my Vector for 4 seasons now and will probably buy another one next season or the following season. The only thing I have to compare it to is an older Shark RSF2 model and a cheap HJC and it is so much better than both in every aspect (that may be obvious.. haha). It is light enough to wear all day without any issue, ventilation is effective and keeps me cool even in the summer. I wear earplugs, so I can't really comment on the noise level but it definitely isn't a quiet helmet.

The only complaint I have is that my visors seem to have warped over time (from swapping them out often) and are now a bit of a pain in the *** to remove as they don't seem to catch the plastic switch inside.

Fantastic helmet. I have had the original Vector since 2008 and if the 2nd model is any bit as good you won't be disappointed. Just make sure that you try it on to make sure that it fits your head properly. Great ventilation and relatively low noise. Quieter than my X-11.
    Always Leaving...

2009 Kawasaki ZX6-R
    (Mods: Progrip Tank Protector, TechSpec Tank Pads, Renthal Grips)
    2007 GSXR 600 (Sold)
    (Mods: M4 Slipon, Blue Pazzo Shorties, Carbon Fiber Chain Guard, Renthal Kevlar Grips, Puig Double Bubble, Stomp Grips, Driven Bar Ends, Vortex Rearsets)
    2000 Yamaha R6 (Sold)

I have the Vector 2 - i must say that this helmet isn't that quiet i can hear a little wind noise just from the top of the windscreem because is got 2little tabs for more ventilation, no big deal. Other than that it is a great helmet very confy with plenty of ventilation. I would buy again the Vector 2 anytime. I would say to you buy one...best bang for that price range!
    Ma che cazzo hai detto!!!!!!!!!

Ridden with the Vector for three seasons now and love every minute of it. Super comfy, pretty quiet and oh, did i mention super comfy? Ride for hours with no fatigue or pinch points. Ventilation is great as well.
    I had a Shoei prior and found it made my ears sore (despite fitting perfectly everywhere else). It's a head by head thing I suppose. Try it on.
    My only criticism would be that it is a bit heavier than other Arai models. Can't comment on the ventilation or wind noise of other models, but sheer weight is obvious, but not enough to cause fatigue IMO
    2009 GSX-R 1000 (current)
    2009 GSX-R 600 (stolen)
    1999 GSX-R 600 (sold)
    Big Wheel...