Noise restrictions bylaw coming for Oakville

Thread: Noise restrictions bylaw coming for Oakville

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Noise restrictions bylaw coming for Oakville

Quote Originally Posted by macrider View Post
    There are bikes out there that have increased HP by as much as 70 HP using these 3 things.
    Which ones? I'd like to know which bikes I can do these cheap upgrades to and get 70 hp.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Triumph Rocket 3 , base HP is 140 and they can be tuned up to 200 HP.
    I have a couple of buddies in the U.S. that have done this.
    I have not done it on my bike yet as I am waiting for the warranty to run before I do these mods on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by macrider View Post
    Triumph Rocket 3 , base HP is 140 and they can be tuned up to 200 HP.
    I have a couple of buddies in the U.S. that have done this.
    I have not done it on my bike yet as I am waiting for the warranty to run before I do these mods on mine.
    isn't the base Hp on the Triumph less than 120?

Attachment 0
    Last edited by ZX600; 12-26-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

triumph with 200hp bahahahahahahaha.
    canadian superbikes have less then that.
    world superbike costing about 250000 to haft mill have about 230hp
    and moto gp costing about a mill have about 200 to 230 hp.
    but your stock pos triumph 3 cyl can make 200hp
    like i said bahahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    triumph with 200hp bahahahahahahaha.
    canadian superbikes have less then that.
    world superbike costing about 250000 to haft mill have about 230hp
    and moto gp costing about a mill have about 200 to 230 hp.
    but your stock pos triumph 3 cyl can make 200hp
    like i said bahahahahahahah
    Quoted for archiving.

You might want to have checked out what a Triumph Rocket III was before posting. It's a little easier to make 200hp on a 2.3L engine with mods than on a 1L.

Also, just because your CBR is already well tuned and doesn't make good HP from mods doesn't mean that all are.
    Mark H.
    06 ZX-14

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirty View Post
    Quoted for archiving.

You might want to have checked out what a Triumph Rocket III was before posting. It's a little easier to make 200hp on a 2.3L engine with mods than on a 1L.

Also, just because your CBR is already well tuned and doesn't make good HP from mods doesn't mean that all are.
    my bad. i thought he was talking about triumph bikes not the cars.my talon makes 331hp and 319fpt to all 4 wheels
    my cbr makes the power that it should .the dyno guys were impressed that it made those numbers.with out compression mods
    at the end of the day i have seen dyno charts of jorden zokes 2004 cbr 1000rr at 184 hp.scott and honda have way more money and tricks then i do.
    and a 10.2 @146.66mph in the 1/4 ain't bad.

Brian P, Caledon is aware of the issue of Fast vs Slow, the police were trained to set the responds to slow, yet the bylaw is incorrectly written as fast. It is expected to be amended at some point. Many other cities appear to be adopting this standard, hopefully without error. As someone posted recently, the scary one is the noise snare in Calgary, which captures all noise coming from all sources, and simply mails you a ticket. The limit has not been set at this point to the best of my knowledge but testing is ongoing, Brian P any more info on that system?
    You can't fix stupid

No idea. All I can say about the "noise snare" is that the first time it sends someone a ticket for a stock-exhaust vehicle, it's going to court. I'm not an acoustic engineer but I reckon that someone who is, could probably shoot it so full of holes there's nothing left. Effect of other traffic (both on the noise measurement and behavior of the vehicle ... maybe I had to go full throttle because of what some other vehicle in the vicinity was doing to me), effect of reflections from nearby objects, effect of distance to the source, are all things I'd be asking that acoustic engineer to question, and the acoustic engineer would probably have more questions about it that I wouldn't think of. Sound measurements done in this manner have poor repeatability. I don't think we have to worry too much about the "noise snare" becoming widely adopted, purely on account of its price tag (unless that changes by a couple orders of magnitude - and survives what a good acoustic engineer will dish out in court).

my bad. i thought he was talking about triumph bikes not the cars.my talon makes 331hp and 319fpt to all 4 wheels
    my cbr makes the power that it should .the dyno guys were impressed that it made those numbers.with out compression mods
    at the end of the day i have seen dyno charts of jorden zokes 2004 cbr 1000rr at 184 hp.scott and honda have way more money and tricks then i do.
    The rocket is a 2.3l bike

Again, probably should have looked it up. It's a 2.3L motorcycle.

Though I see where you are going here that sportbikes are usually the ones looking for power and they are already well tuned from the factory, the people who are talking about big gains are talking about standards/cruisers/tourers.
    Mark H.
    06 ZX-14

Isn't this a post about noise........... I still maintain the vast majority of modified exhausts produce far more noise than they do more HP. I remember reading a few articles saying that some aftermarket pipes actually reduce HP because they're are poorly designed.
    PS

2002 Honda ST1100, 1977 Yamaha XS750, 1975 Yamaha XS500, Honda MT250, Honda CR250, Honda CB450, Honda TL125, Honda CB175, Kawasaki G4 100 and Honda CT70