Honda NC700

Thread: Honda NC700

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Honda NC700

• Designed to be light and compact, extremely stingy on fuel, and to conserve resources during manufacturing, the all-new 670 cc, liquid-cooled, inline-twin engine used in the NC700XA incorporates numerous advanced and patented technologies.
    • The engine’s inline cylinders are canted forward by 62 degrees to help create a low overall centre of gravity for nimble, confidence-inspiring handling, and also to create room for a convenient central storage area where the cylinders and fuel tank would typically be.
    • To give the engine a satisfying and distinctive sound and feel, engineers thought way outside the box. A 270-degree crankshaft combined with a uniaxial primary counterbalance shaft creates a pulse much like that of a V-twin. The intake-port layout inside the cylinder head was carefully designed to create an intentional interference between adjacent ports, which results in subtle combustion variations. In addition, the timing for the opening and closing of the intake valves was set separately for each cylinder. The result? An engine that lets you know what it’s doing every time you twist the throttle.
    • To ensure strong acceleration, ease-of-use in the city, and a relaxed character on the highway, the engine delivers exceptionally strong low-rpm performance. The unique design creates a muscular, easy-to-use powerband not unlike that of a big-bore cruiser.
    • The six-speed manual transmission complements the powerband by using wide gear ratios – no need to be constantly shifting up and down to maintain strong performance.
    • Through the use of friction-reducing technologies, integrated components (such as running the oil pump using the counterbalance shaft and the water pump using the camshaft, which reduces the number of shafts required), precise PGM-FI electronic fuel-injection and efficient combustion, the NC700XA engine delivers exceptional fuel economy.
    • The engine’s efficient use of fuel enables the use of a smaller-volume, more-compact fuel tank that still allows ample riding range while giving engineers extra freedom to re-think the optimal placement of other components.
    • The exhaust catalytic converter sits directly beneath the exhaust ports and is activated early when the engine starts. This design lets the combustion gas pass through the catalyst while it is at its hottest, thereby maximizing purification efficiency. In fact, emissions are half of what is required by the strict Euro 3 emissions standard.
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

Motorcycle Group: CLICK HERE | My Distractions: CLICK HERE | I Saw You: CLICK HERE

04 VFR800 (Current)
    11 CBR250R (Current - Wife's)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Re: Honda NC700

Ya better hurry rodney they may sell out LOL

After seeing this at the Motoshow, I definitely want to add this to the stable. This'd be my errand/commute to work bike.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    Current: '90 GSXR 750
    2nd: '08 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    [Yoshimura TRS Slip-on; K&N Hi-Flo filter; Fenderectomy; Sprockets (F -1/15T-JT | R +2/46T-Driven) ; Renthal Gold Chain; AVON AV45/46 tyres (17K kms and counting) ]
    1st: '08 Honda CBR125R (SOLD)
    [Arrow Slip-on]

"Four wheels carries your body; two wheels carries your soul."
    "I don't ride to be seen, I ride to disappear."

Definitely getting it.
    it might not be the fastest thing on the road, but for commuting, it doesn't matter. love the looks, love the tank storage, and the people that have ridden it say it's torquey.

I have no doubt 90% of motorcyclists will not be interested in this bike and will snub it and anyone that rides it. most people who buy bikes want everyone to perceive them as the fastest thrill seeker on the road. this breaks that rule. surprisingly though not by much though.

ninja 250 0-60mph 5.75sec
    v-strom 650 0-60mph, 5.6sec
    honda cbf600 0-60mph 4.6sec
    nc700 ...unknown faster than cbf600.
    ex500 0-60mph 3.76sec
    sv650 0-60mph 3.3sec
    zx6r 0-60mph in 3.2 sec
    shiver 0-60mph 3.1sec

sure, if you're on a track 0.5sec matters. but for a street bike if it matters you have serious ego issues. 70% of the time you'll be stuck behind a minivan so I'm not interested in falling for silly arguments. I don't feel that in order to continue riding a motorcycle I need to upgrade to a bigger bike to show everyone I must have mastered greater skill and I'm a big boy now. most people I know wither faster bikes avoid the rain, avoid the cold, and avoid so much about actually riding. ohhh sounds fun.
    for most day to day usage for someone like ME, this bike seems great.
    *take a 2nd helmet (easily)
    *store your own when you get off the bike (without it being stolen by an e-biker, ****** on, or tagged)
    *take lunch and crap to work (anything that a tank bag would do, but it's always there)
    * go shopping
    *extra storage for camping stuff
    *pulls like a tractor so loading it with some camping gear won't bog it down.

most people that buy bikes aren't worried about the above points, they seem worried about beating the guy in the ciciv in the lane over, but I'm sure there's a few people out there like me that will buy this bike.
    Hell, I'll probably pre-order it.

this things seems like the pack horse mule of bikes, but it looks good. I don't see a downside.

Ash on Bikes review
    http://www.ashonbikes.com/content/honda-nc700x-0
    Engine size is compensation for tiny odometers. // You either drag knee in -3 or pose in 20.
    2001 ex500 420+ km on a single tank. Mods: Digital Speedomoter / Corbin Seat / Works Performance Shock / braided brake lines / fake pezzo levers / integrated mirror+turn signals / gps power cord + ram mount / heated grips. / Heat troller for winter gear Fairing repair tutorial

Depends ... If you are looking for a utilitarian commuter to get a job done, this is the bike to get (but then you could probably consider a bigger scoot, will have more room and cheaper price as well). All the power is a very narrow band of RPMs, 6500 is a redline for this engine.

If you can afford two bikes, this would be indeed a good choice, because I cannot imagine taking this heavy low power bike on a fun ride. Some people will not mind, I know I would.

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-...iew/19622.html
    Last edited by mxs; 12-19-2011 at 09:46 AM.

so again, I'm curious.
    this bike is 0.8 seconds slower than a zx6r to reach 100km/h

so it's heavy, slow and not fun?

tough crowd... tough crowd.

ya scooter is cheaper and has more space, but it's a scooter. I don't want to ride something that looks like a scooter...
    Engine size is compensation for tiny odometers. // You either drag knee in -3 or pose in 20.
    2001 ex500 420+ km on a single tank. Mods: Digital Speedomoter / Corbin Seat / Works Performance Shock / braided brake lines / fake pezzo levers / integrated mirror+turn signals / gps power cord + ram mount / heated grips. / Heat troller for winter gear Fairing repair tutorial

Pick up a used BMW cs 650 for much less if you want a good city bike. Or just get a scooter.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
    Rodney only reads threads started by himself.
    Incorrect.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

Motorcycle Group: CLICK HERE | My Distractions: CLICK HERE | I Saw You: CLICK HERE

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Just wondering, how does this bike compete with the new V-Strom? At $9k-ish, it's a little cheaper right?

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyBR View Post
    Incorrect.

Sorry, Any thread started by Rodney or Orangepeel.
    New to me for 2012.

Sorry, Any thread started by Rodney or Orangepeel.
    Still incorrect. LOL

Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    10$ says he saw the posts on that particular bike in the "bike show" thread and thought it's a good topic to add another 5 page thread to his roster.
    Incorrect.

Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

And said nothing about the bike himself, other than a "cut and paste" stat we all read in the bike show thread.
    So when I say to much you're wondering why, when I say to little you're wondering why??? I'm not wondering about you guys.

You guys in love with me or something? If so, it's ok to admit it.

Once again, a few people here are taking this thread off topic

Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Rodney, you must be one of those people that love to hear themselves talk.

Back on topic: I really like the style of that bike. If I was in the market for a naked bike, I'll have a hard time choosing between that and the street triple. Things like storage, etc... don't bother me.
    Mina

Rodney, you must be one of those people that love to hear themselves talk.

Back on topic: I really like the style of that bike. If I was in the market for a naked bike, I'll have a hard time choosing between that and the street triple. Things like storage, etc... don't bother me.
    Street Triple wins on exhaust note alone. Then again, I haven't heard the Honda yet.

BTW you owe me $10
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Street Triple wins on exhaust note alone. Then again, I haven't heard the Honda yet.

BTW you owe me $10
    If you want your 10$, ride out to KC and I'll meet you there.
    I'll be there on a gixxer, squid stylez.
    Mina

If you want your 10$, ride out to KC and I'll meet you there.
    I'll be there on a gixxer, squid stylez.
    I bet you I won't even show up. Double or nothing?
    There is no planet B.