Stopping the bike ASAP by laying bike down or use both brakes? Emergency Situation - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stopping the bike ASAP by laying bike down or use both brakes? Emergency Situation

Re: Stopping the bike ASAP by laying bike down or use both brakes? Emergency Situatio

Just gave me a great idea!!
    I can save people from getting hurt, and keep old tires out of the landfill.

Here's my plan > AGAVE'S SIDE STOPPERS

I'll cut an old truck tire in half and bolt them to each side of the bike.
    (insert infomercial voice and music)

The greatest motorcycle accessory ever invented!!
    It performs several functions for one LOW price!!
    Saving you thousands of dollars every day!!!
    Once installed, ALL your worries will be over fellow riders!!

The thick durable truck tires treaded surface provides the ultimate protection and emergency stopping power!!
    Throw away those fancy frame sliders, once the SIDE STOPPERS are installed, nothing will damage the sides of your bike ever again!! Guaranteed for life!!!
    Available in Flat Black, White Wall, or Shiny Armor All !!

Worried about those parking incidents? Pesky cars ramming your bike? Fear no more!!

Forgot to put the kickstand down again? No worries my friend!!!

Ex girlfriend kicked it over when she found out you boned her girlfriend? No problem buddy.....

Do you enjoy riding in cold weather? They also make excellent wind deflectors to help keep you warm on those long rides to your local Tim Hortons!

Whats this?!?!? A left turning car in front of you?! What a predicament!!!! You're doomed for sure!!
    Have no fear!! SIDE STOPPERS to the rescue!!!
    We've all had this happen to us, suddenly you find yourself needing to stop very quickly, but can you trust those brakes on your bike??
    Probably not!!! Better safe than sorry i always say!!!
    With our revolutionary new product, you simply apply the rear brakes fully and let the bike lay down at any speed.
    The amazing SIDE STOPPERS will slow you down considerably faster than any stock brakes, as shown in our independent scientific tests!!
    Once stopped, simply pick up your bike and continue on your merry way as if nothing happened!! AMAZING!!!

Order NOW! Quantities are limited!!! Please visit our new website or CALL NOW!! Operators are standing by!!
    Credit cards and sammiches accepted!!

Last edited by AGAVE; 12-19-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Re: Stopping the bike ASAP by laying bike down or use both brakes? Emergency Situatio

Wow...that is all.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

how does that affect the aerodynamics?
    x

Only Speed TV would come up with a scenario like that. Actually, you can probably add Spike TV to that too.

Yeah, let all practice the "laydown"

What I did once is, I propelled myself off the pegs, did a backflip and landed on my 2 feet while the bike continued into a propane transport truck. I was safe, truck went BOOM! True story

Well done, Agave.

Can I get the low-profile side-stopper with white lettering? Always been a sucker for retro.

Remember kids: when in doubt, lay'er-down!
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Do you have even the slightest idea what your tires are capable of?

If you can't use them to stop faster than you can by sliding down the road, you need to learn ASAP or give up riding.
    Every time I get into this with a 'hadda lay it down to avoid a crash' types, I point out that if laying it down stopped you quicker, you should be using aluminum tires. Not to mention that laying it down IS a crash...

^ you've actually met someone who said they "had to lay it down" to avoid a crash? awesome
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    ^ you've actually met someone who said they "had to lay it down" to avoid a crash? awesome
    Long, long time ago, but yes.
    Cogito, ergo farklum

I've heard it no less recently than this summer.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

As an added bonus it obviates the need for all that bulky uncomfortable protective gear
    "If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law." Winston Churchill

That was creative Agave
    Thanks for the chuckle

Well, there was a story somewhere last year (here in Toronto) about a girl who faild in a curve and hit a tree. fatal. in such case, if she would be able to lowside, she would be probably still alive...

ride safe.

Quote Originally Posted by slogan View Post
    Well, there was a story somewhere last year (here in Toronto) about a girl who faild in a curve and hit a tree. fatal. in such case, if she would be able to lowside, she would be probably still alive...

ride safe.
    So are you saying she should of laid it down before the curve just in case she couldn't negotiate the curve?
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

I had a crash a few months ago where I got high sided and flung off. My bike slid and broke 3 guard rail posts but I managed to stop just before the shoulder. So my leathers definitely slowed me down faster then the bike sliding did. The people behind did manage to stop in roughly the same distance, without hitting anything. So it is possible to have you're body stop way before your bike. I just wouldn't do it on purpose, brakes work better. And where are these institutes that apparently teach that garbage?
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Quote Originally Posted by slogan View Post

ride safe.
    There are stories of people being thrown free from car crashes because they were not wearing a seat belt and they walked away. Should we all stop wearing seat belts?

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    There are stories of people being thrown free from car crashes because they were not wearing a seat belt and they walked away. Should we all stop wearing seat belts?
    Anecdotal evidence, good enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    So are you saying she should of laid it down before the curve just in case she couldn't negotiate the curve?
    No, I did not say that.
    I don't know. it's up to you.

Brings a whole new meaning to being "first on scene"