Touring, Which one SV650 vs GSX650F?

View Poll Results: which would you prefer?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suzuki SV650

9 30.00%
  • Suzuki GSX650F

14 46.67%
  • Yamaha FZ6R

7 23.33%

Thread: Touring, Which one SV650 vs GSX650F?

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Touring, Which one SV650 vs GSX650F?

I just want to through this out there. Currently I have the 2010 sv650, got it new and so far it still runs solid without any troubles at all. However, so far this season, I have ridden more KMs than previous years thus far. I find that when going out on long rides in rural area, that I get leg cramps and stuff (First two hours is ok, then I stop every hour or so). Not an issue when riding in the city, since there are lots of stop and go taffic.

I know the GSX650F is heavier than the SV650, especially with the centre stand that I'm thinking of getting along with it. How would it perform on cornering? I heard that there may be some issues of that. And the fact that braking distance would be increase due to the heavier weighted bike.

Would you stick with the SV650 or GSX650F. For those who had a chance to ride both, please do add your thoughts. I would consider the Ninja650R, but had bad experience with a Ninja250 in the past. Another one that I had thought about would be the Yamaha FZ6R, although this doesn't have the ABS braking, although I know the pros and cons about it, but more incline to have ABS braking unless there is a compelling reason not to have one.

In the upcoming season of 2012, I'm looking to go on more longer rides than shorter ones, this is in terms of distance-wise.
    Last edited by omega8; 12-17-2011 at 01:11 AM.
    Ride:
    2010 Suzuki SV650SA White (Current)
    2009 Ninja 250r Black (2009 - 2010)
    License:
    GM (2010-07-07)