I have a 2001 Bandit 600, very similar to the GSX650F. I see others here complaining about the weight of the GSX and say that it doesn't handle as well, but I really have to say that is in the eye of the beholder. I outfitted my Bandit with a set of Pirelli Angels and they made a massive improvement in the handling over the Avon Storms I previously had. I find the bike has plenty of power (80hp-ish) and on the street I run out of nerve before I run out of cornering ability. Take the two bikes to the track and I'm sure that the SV will out perform the GSXF, but on a long tour, that won't matter. As for comfort, the GSXF is way ahead of the SV. Its apples and oranges. For starters, you have real handle bars on the GSXF, not clip ons like the SV. I outfitted my Bandit with a set of 1" bar risers and a Givi windscreen and they took a comfortable bike to a REALLY comfortable bike. I also added a full set of Givi luggage to it. I have a total of 128L of storage capability, which I believe, if I'm not mistaken, is on par with a Goldwing! The seat on the GSXF is wider and more plush than on an SV. The extra 2L of fuel that the GSXF has over the SV will make a difference, and the centre stand is a god send on a long trip. Makes chain lubing an easy chore. I do find that after 4hrs or so I start to get a little bit of cramping in the backs of my legs, but nothing that a good stretch doesn't take care of.