2011 cbr 250ra - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 cbr 250ra

Re: 2011 cbr 250ra

Quote Originally Posted by cushmape View Post
    48 month at 4.9%.
    Is it financed with Honda or someone private? Honda's deal was for 1.9%!! Two of my friends bought the same bike (but no ABS, dealer said $500 cheaper) for $4,385.62 so I guess the best you could have done was $4950.62

I've since got them to lower the fuel charge from $30 to $15 cause the bike only holds $12 worth of fuel! lol!!!

Definitely check into that 4.9% thing, both of my friends got 1.9%, two year warranty, extra $250 off (match deposit, they both only left $250), free storage till March, no payments for 3 months, etc.

Honda's deal: http://likestuff.globat.com/Honda CB...Stopprs_EN.pdf

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    looks like a great deal thinking of trading in my litre SS bike and grabbing 2, one for street, one for track, the money I would save riding a 250 instead of a 1000 would pay for track days, tires, gas, etc...
    anyone here make the switch from big bike to smaller cc bike?
    I toyed with the idea, but couldn't do it. Was bad enough riding my 600, then taking my old mans Hayabusa out, then going back to my bike. I rode my friends 250 and decided I just couldn't stick with a bike like that, didn't much feel like a motorcycle.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Congrats on the new bike, Sorry if this was asked before, can you lower the cbr 250 easily like the ninja 250?( I got the lowering links for the ninja already)
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400

I haven't done it, but word is you can. Lowering a bike is always a bad idea. Shave the seat or wear taller boots. Flatfooting a bike is not important, having the suspension working properly is.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Is it financed with Honda or someone private? Honda's deal was for 1.9%!! Two of my friends bought the same bike (but no ABS, dealer said $500 cheaper) for $4,385.62 so I guess the best you could have done was $4950.62

I've since got them to lower the fuel charge from $30 to $15 cause the bike only holds $12 worth of fuel! lol!!!

Definitely check into that 4.9% thing, both of my friends got 1.9%, two year warranty, extra $250 off (match deposit, they both only left $250), free storage till March, no payments for 3 months, etc.

Honda's deal: http://likestuff.globat.com/Honda CB...Stopprs_EN.pdf

-Jamie M.
    If I can ask, where was this? Both myself and a friend are after CBR250Rs with ABS, and if they can be had for under 5K out the door that's not bad at all. Also, what was the cost of the lowering link -- I'm still debating, but would like to know what it would cost me (planning to try without, but want to know numbers if I decided I needed it afterwards).

Quote Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
    If I can ask, where was this? Both myself and a friend are after CBR250Rs with ABS, and if they can be had for under 5K out the door that's not bad at all. Also, what was the cost of the lowering link -- I'm still debating, but would like to know what it would cost me (planning to try without, but want to know numbers if I decided I needed it afterwards).
    Was at Brampton Powersports: http://g.co/maps/m67mg

She was quoted $300 installed for the lowering kit which I thought was a little high, but she wanted the dealer to do it to retain warranty. My GF installed a Soupy's kit on her bike and really loves it! http://www.soupysperformance.com/cat...00/9064725.htm

$150 ish for the kit and $40 to cut/weld the kickstand shorter, done

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Was at Brampton Powersports: http://g.co/maps/m67mgShe was quoted $300 installed for the lowering kit which I thought was a little high, but she wanted the dealer to do it to retain warranty. My GF installed a Soupy's kit on her bike and really loves it! http://www.soupysperformance.com/cat...00/9064725.htm$150 ish for the kit and $40 to cut/weld the kickstand shorter, done -Jamie M.
    Nice, thanks -- I was looking at Brampton online, but only saw they had the CBR250R (non ABS) for 4500 with no freight or PDI. I had emailed them about the RA/ABS model, but still haven't heard back from them. Sent you a PM as well for a bit more info too before my friend and I go in as well.
    Last edited by conundrum; 01-14-2012 at 02:19 PM.

What exactly did you tell them/do to get them to come down so much?
    They have been sold out of 2011 ABS bikes for quite a while, the 2012 is on it's way to them so they will not be restocking any 2011's.

Talk to Lisa at Brampton Powersports, play hard ball, she is a real scammer. Print out that invoice and bring it with you, make her match the price.

MAKE SURE, BEFORE YOU SIGN *ANYTHING* that the price in the "total purchase price" box says " $4,385.62 (or $4,950 for ABS) and everything is included on the invoice (license, fuel, financing admin fee which is a joke! HONDA charges NO FEES to finance, that's a Brampton PS charge!, etc.). Lisa will try and sell you life insurance, some extra warranty THAT HONDA ALREADY GIVES YOU FOR FREE, etc. Don't do any extra, just basic basic basic honda promo deal!!! Don't let her charge you more then $15 for fuel too

You say there is no margin, etc. I don't think this is the case. A high demand bike like the 250, they don't HAVE to make deals, but they can. The cheapest I've seen a new 250 (non-abs) sell for was $3,830! So there's GOTTA be room in there.

That honda "show stoppers" deal is still on (until the end of March):

*Limited time deposit match offer of $250 (maximum) available when customers place a deposit of $250 or more on any new (not previously registered) 2011 CBR250R or CBR250RA (“Eligible Products”). Customer must take delivery and unit must be registered by March 31, 2012. Offer ends March 31, 2012 and is subject to change or cancellation without notice.

**The 2011 CBR250R/CBR250RA Loyalty Offer (“Offer”) is valid from December 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012 inclusive or while quantities last. Offer only available to current Canadian Honda owners. This refers to any Canadian (no non-Canadian VINS will be accepted) Honda automobile, Honda motorcycle, Honda ATV, Honda Power Equipment or Honda Marine product purchased in Canada. Limit of one loyalty offer of $100 per Honda (other than CBR250R bought as part of and used for this promotion) owner per CBR250R purchase. Claim form along with the required supporting documents (i.e. proof of ownership, bill of sale) must be received by Honda Canada Inc. within 30 days of purchase to be eligible for this promotional offer.

***Enter into an agreement to purchase or finance a new (not previously registered) 2011 CBR250R or CBR250RA (“Eligible Products”) during December 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012 inclusive and Honda will provide a 24-month Honda Plus protection (1 year in addition to manufacturer’s warranty) on select 2011 CBR250R and CBR250RA motorcycles only from December 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012 inclusive. Offer valid at participating Honda Motorcycle or Honda Powerhouse dealers. Dealer may sell for less. Offer subject to change or extension without notice. Dealer order or trade may be necessary. See dealer or honda.ca for full details and eligible models. Errors and omissions excepted.

† Limited time purchase financing offer available to qualified retail customers on approved credit (O.A.C.) on new (not previously registered) 2011 CBR250R and CBR250RA. Example: Selling Price is $5,439 financed at 1.9% APR equals $231.14 per month for 24 months. Down payment or equivalent trade may be required. Cost of borrowing is $108.36 for a total obligation of $5,547.36 (including down payment). Total obligation does not include taxes, license, insurance and registration. Dealers may sell for less. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. Offer runs from December 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012 and is subject to change or cancellation without notice. Visit Honda.ca or your dealer for more details on other finance rates.

†† No payments for 90 days offer applies to purchase finance offers on all new (not previously registered) 2011 CBR250R and CBR250RA models purchased and delivered by March 31, 2012. Offer available only through Honda Financial Services, on approved credit (O.A.C.). Monthly payments are deferred for 90 days. Contracts will be extended accordingly. Interest charges will begin accruing 60 days from the contract date and the purchaser will repay principal and interest monthly over the term of the contract, but not until 90 days after the contract date. Offer runs from December 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012 and is subject to change or cancellation without notice. Dealer may sell for less. Visit Honda.ca or your dealer for details.
    The prices I've quoted don't include the lowering kit (they didn't have an exact price at the time of purchase, so they just wrote it on the invoice with no price), and the Spin and Win gas card was a special promo they were running where you spin a wheel and get a prize.

Good luck.

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 01-14-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Thanks again Toysareforboys, will do -- I am hoping they will still cut a deal on a 2012 (since it will need to be ordered in) vs something already taking up space in their showroom (when new 2012's will soon be there as well). Bike would be purchased outright as well, which sometimes means better pricing (since they don't have to wait on their money after you take delivery).

Thanks again Toysareforboys, will do -- I am hoping they will still cut a deal on a 2012 (since it will need to be ordered in) vs something already taking up space in their showroom (when new 2012's will soon be there as well). Bike would be purchased outright as well, which sometimes means better pricing (since they don't have to wait on their money after you take delivery).
    They make less money on cash deals (no fee's to charge, etc.) and get paid in full almost instantly as soon as you sign the paperwork, but should be able to work out a similar deal for cash anyway.

For the CBR250RA (ABS) 2012 you'll likely pay $4,999 plus freight and PDI, etc. I think it's $5,800ish out the door. There will probably be NO deals on the 2012 ABS model until Christmas.

The no freight thing was a dealer promo from Honda (not sure if Brampton PS was the only one to get it), not sure what they normally charge for PDI.

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Well, they'd had to give the $250 match, plus $100 (I have an Accord) given the Honda deals, but I am hoping to do better than full MSRP + full freight/PDI (if that's all they'll give me, I'll walk for now). I'll probably try using what you got as a starting point, and let them try to come up from there (vs trying to just talk them down on a 2012). As I also have a friend buying same time, also hoping they might swing a deal since they'd be selling 2 same time vs just 1 (and he might go for a non ABS 2011, even though I want the other model).

I see you're also part of the Scarborough group? Guessing I'll see you out there in April/May once I have my bike and M2 (signed up with RTI for their first date in April).

Well, they'd had to give the $250 match, plus $100 (I have an Accord) given the Honda deals...
    Not on the 2012's they don't, those deals are for the 2011 CBR 250 only

I see you're also part of the Scarborough group? Guessing I'll see you out there in April/May once I have my bike and M2 (signed up with RTI for their first date in April).
    Yep, good stuff. We ride some pretty technical roads (Twyn Rivers Dr., Old Finch Ave, etc.) so make sure to ride super slow on roads you're not familiar with. I've seen new riders just try and "follow" the rider in front of them. They are probably more experienced than you, and more familiar with the road. If you don't know the road take the corners slow.

Hope to see ya out and about in the Summer. Don't forget to get a new muffler so people can tell where you are:
    Full system (big power): http://www.bluestreakracing.ca/en/bl...l_exhaust.html
    Just muffler/slip on (just sound): http://www.bluestreakracing.ca/en/bl...s_cbr250r.html

Talk to Tony @ BlueStreak. See if you can get him to give you an 8" can with the kit, instead of those monsters shown in the pics (if you can get it with an 8" black edition can I'll pay ya $245 to swap it with my barely used LNIB 10" can, or $200 if you can only get the non-black edition )

What Two Bro's wanted to send me for my bike:

OMFG IT'S HUGE! LOL!

What Tony got them to substitute (that's a 10" can, the 8" wasn't available at the time):

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

Sounds awesome too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI4djEs1Cws

WOOT

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 01-14-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^