motorcycle gets smoked by truck - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: motorcycle gets smoked by truck

Re: motorcycle gets smoked by truck

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    Was watching the guy on the green bike riding like a total dick and was waiting to say "instant karma" when he got hit, but turned out to be the camera guy who got hit. But, he is with the dick doing stunts on a public street with cars nearby so i'm sure he was doing it as well so karma still applies. No sympathy.
    If he was riding a crash caged up ZX6R with stunt gearing and other stunt parts on it just like his buddy in front, I might agree with you...However since hes riding a stock geared ZX10R, with no stunt parts on it at all.... I doubt he was doing stunts like this friend, Id say hes just along for the ride as a camera man...Although I guess you could still play the guilty by association card....

Anyways.... its easy to watch a video and say you could have done this or that, but in real life things happen alot faster then they look on video...Every crash I have of myself on video looks avoidable, yet I still crashed....

I have no idea how he managed to touch the brakes at all. Amazing reaction time. I would have been like "nnnnooooo wwwwwaaaaaayy*crash*yyyy!"
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    Was watching the guy on the green bike riding like a total dick and was waiting to say "instant karma" when he got hit, but turned out to be the camera guy who got hit. But, he is with the dick doing stunts on a public street with cars nearby so i'm sure he was doing it as well so karma still applies. No sympathy.

noob

Man is lucky to be alive.

Cager ran a red.......end of debate!

wether its a bike or a car, ****** bag still ran a red.

Nothing else matters.
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    Cager ran a red.......end of debate!

wether its a bike or a car, ****** bag still ran a red.

Nothing else matters.
    It could easily have gone the other way. You can see that the green light is stale and the red minivan? has been waiting to turn for a while. The dude was accelerating to catch his buddy who accelerated when he landed the wheelie. If the light had changed then, he would have had to run the red himself.

Could he have pulled right and slowed down to his sightlines? I'm not sure that I could have in the circumstances, but if he were going much slower, in the right hand lane, and been covering the brake, he would have had a much better chance.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    It could easily have gone the other way. You can see that the green light is stale and the red minivan? has been waiting to turn for a while. The dude was accelerating to catch his buddy who accelerated when he landed the wheelie. If the light had changed then, he would have had to run the red himself.

Could he have pulled right and slowed down to his sightlines? I'm not sure that I could have in the circumstances, but if he were going much slower, in the right hand lane, and been covering the brake, he would have had a much better chance.

He didnt hit a red mini van........... so this doesnt apply.
    Accelerating or not......... he had a green light which gives him the right of way no matter what speed.
    and the word "IF" doesn't matter in court. The facts matter. so it doesn't matter "IF" the light changed.....the fact is it didn't.

I really don't know what you're debating????? The video is pretty black and white that the cager ran a red and made little to no attempt to yield/stop for their red light.

The bike could've done a lot of things different but thats all easy to say after the fact..... but the reality is he has every right to be in any lane that he wants. Do you always ride in the right lane? so if you got hit by a cager coming from the right then you're going to say he should have been in the left? come on man get a grip.........really?
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    If he was riding a crash caged up ZX6R with stunt gearing and other stunt parts on it just like his buddy in front, I might agree with you...However since hes riding a stock geared ZX10R, with no stunt parts on it at all.... I doubt he was doing stunts like this friend, Id say hes just along for the ride as a camera man...Although I guess you could still play the guilty by association card....

Anyways.... its easy to watch a video and say you could have done this or that, but in real life things happen alot faster then they look on video...Every crash I have of myself on video looks avoidable, yet I still crashed....
    I was pretty picky with who i rode with on the street. But i based that all on riding ability, not whether or not they broke the law. Some of the few I liked riding with did lots of wheelies. More times than I can remember I was in charge of "headlights" at night as theirs were aimed sorta upward. I guess that means I deserve to get hit by a car? Some people eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.... That's not what happened. If the light had changed, he could have stopped. It didn't. He didn't. He got hit by someone who blew the light.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I'm amazed at some of you folks.

Could the rider have been riding more defensively? Maybe.

Was the rider behaving like a dick and/or encouraging others to behave like dicks? Absolutely.

Do either of those have anything at all to do with the fact that a moron that "looked up and saw a green" (begging the question where the f*** was he looking the rest of the time, his crotch?) then "looked up and saw a red" and still didn't hit the brakes at all and then smacks into the rider? Absolutely not. I think everyone would agree that if it was a woman pushing a baby across the street that got hit by the truck there would be no debate about what she'd been doing for the previous two minutes or whether, with superhuman paranoia and reflexes she might have done something different. But I guy on a bike? Well, he was just asking for it. And this coming from bikers. Wow.
    2010 BMW S1000RR

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

There is no question that this video depicts the motorist, running the red light and nailing the motorcyclist.
    There is also no question that the rider can ride in whatever lane he wants, but not any speed he wants.

If that's the only point of this i.e. that sometimes someone will run a red and crush you, then /end thread.

That happens all the time, and I really don't like seeing new entries in the fallen riders section, but put it there and everyone can put in their g.w.s. rider entries and go on with the illusion that this will never happen to them.

If on the other hand, there is a constructive way of helping people to try and avoid such inevitable crashes, e.g. slow down and move to the right, then let's carry on and figure out some survival strategies for the street. After all in the worst case scenario here the motorist will have to get his vehicle towed to the repair shop. It's a much different story for the motorcyclist on the other hand.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

I'm not sure there is a really good solution for this, aside from the obvious of not going too fast in urban environments and watching out for EVERYthing and being prepared for whatever turning or braking actions may be needed. If you go in the right lane, the car could just as easily have come from the right rather than the left. The statistical probability could even be worse from the right than the left. And the right lane puts you closer to cars pulling out of parking spots, pedestrians running out from between cars, parked cars opening doors, etc.

If a car blows through a red light at 60 km/h without slowing down and it's coming out from a blind spot (buildings, pedestrians, etc), being a lane further away only buys you another 0.2 of a second ... If that happens and you are there, you are screwed, and it's pretty much luck of the draw ...

His friend stunting has nothing to with whether we should have sympathy for the rider. Thats ridonculous.

The bikers had the green as early as 2:05 and the cager entered the intersection at 2:12. Where the cager's attention was for that 7 seconds is beyond me. Assuming a 4-second amber, that's 11 seconds that the driver wasn't paying attention to the road.

Forget any fines, just force this guy to take the bus.

Lol what a tit, if he gunned it he would have made it.
    1996 Kawasaki KLR 250
    2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfetus View Post
    Lol what a tit, if he gunned it he would have made it.
    Read my post in #14 and then consider whether you have the reaction time, to be able to do it yourself. Having been in a similar situation, with trained reflexes and three times the amount of time to react, I can tell you that I certainly do not.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

yes the guy with the camera was not doing anything wrong.but had no bissness being on the road. why? no plate on the bike and no mirriors .i like his buddy saying every thing is good (so if i had to guess also no insurance as well) but when going to court you have to have clean hands.remember not to long ago 2 guys were flying down the street then one got into some pot holes lost control then head on with a car killing the guy on the rc51 and the 2 in the car.and his buddy (that was not doing anything wong was charged and convicted).at the end of the day you want to be a retard and put your stupid stunts on vidio you get what you got comming
    Last edited by freedomfighter; 01-12-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    Accelerating or not......... he had a green light which gives him the right of way no matter what speed. ?
    wrong.remember about 2 years ago there was a fatal crash at airport/steeles were someone making a left turn in front of a car was hit killing the driver of the car that was going tru the green light?
    why was he not charged you asked. because on top of the cop cars there are tracking divices and it showed the cop was traveling at 147 kmp in a 70 zone. so the guilty dumasss could not be charge because he was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by awyala View Post
    He took that broken leg like a champ! Anyone else think St. Louis looks like a dump? Gotta do some chopping before submitting that video to the cops or insurance company.
    you thing either of those bike guys had insurance. yea right.