Riding to Newfoundland, Then Sell the Bike - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riding to Newfoundland, Then Sell the Bike

Re: Riding to Newfoundland, Then Sell the Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    I have a lot of family in Clarenville and the surrounding area, none of whom are in the fishery and none of whom have seen any "oil money" come their way.
    That is my hometown. The realestate is gone off the rails in Clarenville, especially with Bull Arm slated to build another GBS. People are scrambling to buy land and build houses just to take advantage. Like I said, those that refuse to change will always suffer, but those who are keen to take advantage usually will.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...ervice=mobile#

Will send you a PM about your family.
    Last edited by eastcoast_gsx; 12-18-2011 at 07:09 AM.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Maybe you could talk to the local NL Harley dealer and trade it in?

I don't see anything wrong with the concept of a sales vacation so no need to speculate on criminal intent. If the OPs local economy is in the tank with prices low and they can improve their deal by taking a sales vacation why not?

I see two problems the least of which is the Nfld economy. Nfld is expensive to visit from what I hear so that takes a chunk out of the profits. Americans are often stunned by what we pay for stuff up here.. Gas, food and accomodations are all much higher.

The biggest problem is the US export issue. That is a US law and Canada didn't enforce it when I brought in a bike in 08. In their words "That's an American law and we don't enforce it. However if you ever take the bike back to the USA you could run into problems."

To the OP, I suggest checking how you would handle things if you declared the bike exported and the deal fell through. You would then have to "Import" your own bike to the USA. If you didn't, you might find out that it didn't exist on paper when you had to renew plates or sell in the USA. With all the economic paranoia at the US border I would be very concerned about importing anything. Common sense was a victim of 9-11 and the global melt down. Somewhere I read that importing a bike to the USA was a nightmare.