SF taking money from my account....details and options.....

Thread: SF taking money from my account....details and options.....

SF taking money from my account....details and options.....

I have several policy's with SF. I asked for a policy to be activated for a car for my son to use while he was visiting in May for a couple of weeks. I realize that is unreasonable to expect to get one month of coverage, I was told I had to buy a min of 3 months which I did,effective May 1.

I also have/had a KLR under policy with them.

Despite the fact that the car should have been off policy start Aug and I requested the KLR be removed start Sept 1, SF is STIL taking money from my account. I have sent emails to my agent and was told that thier office is not the only one requesting changes on clients policys and that I am in a " que"

It seems I have been in a " qeue" since Sept 1 and until the head office gets around to it, SF will still be taking money from my account. I have recieved a quote from another provider for both my bikes, full coverage that is over 800 cheaper per year than SF. Now, after what has happened so far, without resolution, I fear SF will continue to take money from my account on the 2 bikes that I want to remove.

First, what the frig is up with this ' you are in a line,so just wait but you will still have to pay for policies" crap? Shouldn't the policy become inactive once I call the agent and request policy end? I can see if I call one week before the payment is due but this has been 4 months now on the car.

Is there something I can do at the banks end concerning the automatic withdrawll every month? Without putting the rest of the exsisting policy's in jeapordy? What are my options if SF takes the payment out again for the full amount at Dec. end?

Can I go straight to head office and take it up with them? My agent has been pretty good up until now but I am effing down with this,I have paid a lot of money for policys that should not be active as per my requests and I am afraid it will continue when I take the bikes off.
    2002 Hayabusa
    2012 Hayabusa
    2015 Hayabusa

Re: SF taking money from my account....details and options.....

I wouldn't be calling this in anymore if it's been going on longer than you had an agreement for in a policy. Go there in person, and have it dealt with. Don't leave until it's resolved. Be polite but hold your ground.

Now, having said that, were these year long policies (?) that they initiated and just said "oh yeah, like, cool, no problem, we'll just like, cancel the policy when you're done, mmmk?"

What's your paperwork say?
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Your number one concern from a rating standpoint is to avoid being cancelled for non-payment. If you get one, or a few of those on your record, it can really do serious damage in terms of premium - some insurance companies now rate for non-pays almost the same way they would rate for At-Fault accidents. What I am trying to say is please don't put any stop payments on your bank account or any other evasive measures which would prevent them from collecting the monthly withdrawals.

Without fully understanding your arrangements with State Farm, I will assume that the calls you made to them about stopping coverages are either recorded on their system or the broker has made notes on the file. This will then clearly indicate the date that you called and made a request, and the date to which they can backdate your request if it hasn't already been completed. Once the cancellation is processed for that date, you will be refunded any portion of the excess premium you paid from then onwards.
    Aleks Hara - Registered Insurance Broker
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

AHARA@CSIB.ORG
    T:416-798-8001 ext 311
    T:1-888-768-8001 ext 311
    F:905-264-5178

"Cornerstone - Your broker of choice - We make it simple!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks Hara View Post
    Your number one concern from a rating standpoint is to avoid being cancelled for non-payment. If you get one, or a few of those on your record, it can really do serious damage in terms of premium - some insurance companies now rate for non-pays almost the same way they would rate for At-Fault accidents. What I am trying to say is please don't put any stop payments on your bank account or any other evasive measures which would prevent them from collecting the monthly withdrawals.
    This is the problem with these god damn crooks... You can't stop paying us or we will mess you up big time.

How is this different from org crime? Heads should ROLL!

The FICO is a toothless bunch of coziers.

For OP, you can put a stop payment on a specific amount (eg: 65.47) or you can do it at the payee level (eg: SFarm Insurance) I had the same BS when I tried to cancel my policy with PC Financial, they kept "losing" the cancel fax and renewed anyway. Then the idiots told me I had to fax them proof that I was insured elsewhere before they would cancel the policy (I was insurance with TD via group policy) but I told them (in polite words) to pound salt it is none of their business who I was insured with now.

Anyway, about 7 calls, 2 stop payments (once I stoped the regular payment, they changed it by 1 cent and I had to stop the payee), 1 threat of cancel of non-payment (got a stern letter from them, never mind that I called to cancel everything 2 months prior) and 3 months later I finally got it all straightened out and had them apologizing for the entire mess.

Before anyone ASSUMES anything, I was polite as hell up until the 6-7th call and the 2nd stop payment... then I didn't listen to a word they had to say, and refused to speak with anyone that wasn't a lemming. I recollect saying this like "Stop, I am done listening to you, now get me someone up the chain or I will have my lawyer give you a call"

Even my bank was dumfounded by it all.

I simply wanted to move my insurance coverage (House, 2 cars, Bike, RV, Trailer) over to the group provider.... If I could have gotten ahold of someones neck, I would be in jail.

OP: Good luck, sounds like you will need it.

Moral: GET A BROKER so you have someone to beat on...
    Last edited by eastcoast_gsx; 12-07-2011 at 09:49 AM.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

But why do customers have to go through this BS and then wait for refund worth of 3 months paying. there's just absolutely no excuse for SF no to do better than this. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Maybe just maybe, if they went away from their silly 6 month duration policies, their people could actually find time to provide customer services. On top of that, they would save tons of paper and money for postage. Their paperwork and accounting used to drive me crazy, so I don't certainly miss it now after switching.

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    But why do customers have to go through this BS and then wait for refund worth of 3 months paying. there's just absolutely no excuse for SF no to do better than this. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Maybe just maybe, if they went away from their silly 6 month duration policies, their people could actually find time to provide customer services. On top of that, they would save tons of paper and money for postage. Their paperwork and accounting used to drive me crazy, so I don't certainly miss it now after switching.
    I added to my post, look up.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    I added to my post, look up.
    That sir was hurtful to read. Anyone going through this and thinking that these guys are not crooks needs to have their head examined.

I admire the patience you exercised, I'd run out at about round 4 ... and I thought I am very patient person.

Well, my broker has said in an email that I have to " wait in a qeue" so until head office gets around to it, I have to keep paying and then have me backdated. What a bunch of hooey. I happen to know that they start processing the withdrawls for Dec. payment by middle of next week, I sent my agent an email y.day asking if she can guarentee that Dec. payment will not be withdrawn and so far no reply.

I spoke with another SF agent more local to me and she said that it was not nessesary to buy a 3 month policy on the car, one month would have been possible. Ineed to wait until Feb end for my policy to expire and then go to the group that I can get a company discount on and save OVER,OVER,OVER !!!!!! $800 PER YEAR on full coverage on 2 bikes on being the busa.

( otherwise I will be paying a cancellation penalty.....)
    2002 Hayabusa
    2012 Hayabusa
    2015 Hayabusa