Hope everyones bought their tire warmers inside for winter.

Thread: Hope everyones bought their tire warmers inside for winter.

Hope everyones bought their tire warmers inside for winter.

or at least hung them up so they're open.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...=1#post1479954

Used Warmers 101:
    for those thinking about it.
    Warmers wear out.
    The wire eventually looses it's flexability as the Teflon coating gets stiff. The thermostats only have so many cycles. There are many thermostats to choose from
    but we buy the best we can. That gives the warmer about 100,000 cycles of on-off. In track language that is about 4 years regional racing or track days. I could but thermostats that give you about 500 cycles.
    Wire in a warmer can be anywhere from 1 strand to 7 strands. Picture a strand like a hair. So one strand we find doesn"t have the durability I would like to see. Why we like the 7. MOst units out of China use 2 strand. Almost all mfger's have gotton away from 1 strand. But older units of some makes could be 1 strand.
    Connectors will break. I've looked at this and changed designs but the bottom line is about 4-6 years into a warmer life the heating wire and the supply wire will corrode and break. Nothing anybody can do about that. It happens in all warmers even KLS.
    So purchasing used warmers is sometimes a waste of money. But if they are well looked after, one owner and you can get them serviced you can save some money.
    And if they are rolled up like a toilet paper tube,, stay away. The single hardest thing on warmers is rolling them up tight and leaving them in the trailer or cold over winter!
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Re: Hope everyones bought their tire warmers inside for winter.

thanks for the reminder!