My 2001 CBR 929 Drag build

Thread: My 2001 CBR 929 Drag build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My 2001 CBR 929 Drag build

Well I have been lurking around the fourms for quite some time now and I thought i would share my Ride. I have been working on this bike close to 3 years now.I ran an 11.01 bone stock on this bike and it has since gone under some serious work. I have rebuilt the entire engine and transmission as the main bearings let go and my second gear was popping out while i was there i checked everything and replaced what was needed shift forks,drum,bearings,seals, checked all the clearances re set the timing ect ect ect she runs like a top now. since the 11.01 my mods list includes 9.5'' stretch,lowering link,strap kit,full hindle exhaust,power commander3 w/multi function hub and map switch, zex dry 30shot,shinko Hook up 200,954 throttebodys and injectors(2mm bigger), replaced all my fairings and tank,double bubble windshield,520 conversion -1+3 might go back to 530 for drag though,undertail,HIDs, one off intergrated tail light,cbr 1000 flush mounts, I am currently sitting around waiting to get the bike tuned I am trying to decide where to go for the Dyno Tune. I am hoping to run some good times now anyways heres a couple progress pics for you guys and gals hope to see everyone at the track this summer FYI I do alll my own work so if anyone is looking for tips on 929s and 954s i know them inside and out at this point

Day one

this is the first time i thought my bike was done........

then it came to this

Last edited by cutsheal5; 12-07-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Re: My 2001 CBR 929 Drag build

nice bike man, got any more pic of the build progress??

nice job...

Who did your machine work on your crank ?

How many kms when the mains went?

My crank didnt actually need machining i got very luck i stoped riding as soon as my oil light started flashing at idle i new i was loosing pressure dropped the oil saw the shavings i measured the crank and it was good to go i also plastiguaged it appon install just to be sure and it was bang on/.It had about 74,000kms when she went, I have TONNS of pictures of the build progress i will post some more later on

I am also very picky when it comes to cleaning stuff every part i removed from this bike was scrubbed clean of all dirt and road grime