California or Bust! (video) Lane Splitting Included ;) Toronto to Los Angeles!

Thread: California or Bust! (video) Lane Splitting Included ;) Toronto to Los Angeles!

Cool California or Bust! (video) Lane Splitting Included ;) Toronto to Los Angeles!

California or Bust! (video) Lane Splitting Included Toronto to Los Angeles... and back!

A short, fast paced video of my travels from Oshawa, Ontario to Los Angeles California between November 6 - 19, 2011. Things in this video: Las Vegas Strip, Northshore Road Lake Mead, Valley of Fire Highway, Highway 178 Death Valley, Artist Drive Death Valley, Highway 101 and 1 Pacific Coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles and lane splitting in Malibu!

- Camera Used: GoPro HD
    - Editing Software: iMovie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqrq8wstUf8

I wrote down daily notes and am currently writing up daily blogs. You can find them hosted at www.bmwbikes.ca/blog Five blogs are posted, still seven more to post.

If you enjoyed the movie, let me know. Any suggestions or ideas would be welcomed as I will be taking a prolonged bike trip next year. I'm collecting notes of different camera angles etc for my set of videos after next years trip.

add me:
    http://www.facebook.com/adamjhancock
    http://twitter.com/adamjhancock

Re: California or Bust! (video) Lane Splitting Included ;) Toronto to Los Angeles!

That 1 lane twisty road looked really cool! Where was that? Death Valley?
    Super Sport Touring Ride Reports

Epic Trip from Toronto to California on a 600RR

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR
    2008 Honda CBR125R (Sold)
    1993 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Re: California or Bust! (video) Lane Splitting Included ;) Toronto to Los Angeles!

A couple things I noticed with the vid...the part on the strip and any tunnels you went through weren't that great, and any really twisty roads were hard to watch from the video being sped up. That one lane road was cool though and I liked the fly bys in the desert.

The video was nicely shot and edited. My personal preference would be to use the fast-forward effect sparingly, and show some of the nicer roads in real time for a bit. The music was clearly chosen to create a sense of energy, but it got a bit exhausting. Or maybe that's my middle age showing...

Never mind the critics on here! Great video man! looked like a great trip!

Great video consider years ago it was all done with less quality cameras and video editing software was mediocre.

Props again man!
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

nice vid! 2 weeks to california and back? Did it feel rushed? On average, how many km were u clocking per day. I always figured that was a 3 week run, to properly enjoy sights and factor in unintended delays.