TMP still for sale? will they open next year? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TMP still for sale? will they open next year?

Re: TMP still for sale? will they open next year?

It could be that the public won't notice much of anything. Ownership, lien holders, financial backing changing hands doesn't mean the management will change with it.

Or, may be not...

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    You can't really repurpose a racetrack like you can a computer store or bike shop.
    I used to sell to a manufacturing company called ****. IN 2009 they went tits up and the CEO (and part owner) of the company led an MBO and bought the company fom the receivers within the week for pennies on the dollar, renamed the comapny ****2009 and carried on as though nothing had happened. Except that people who were owed money or product didn't get anything form the new money even though, on the outisde , it appeared to be the same entity.

When ownership changes so does liability. Pay for a TMP trackday today and potentially see TMP2012 tell you that your tracktime was a contract with the previous company and they aren't honouring it. That is what could happen.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Ahhhhh OK, thanks.
    There is no planet B.

Or "Dolton the Liar" can put windmills on it.

Actually a windfarm might make sense there....based on our experiences trying to keep the pit canopy from going all Mary Poppins on us....
    It's never too late for a happy childhood...

Putting up a windmill wouldn't exclude the property around it from being used for its existing purpose, either. They don't require a lot of footprint underneath. The base of it could very easily go into that "dead space" between the pit lane, paddock, and the berm on the west side of the road course. Or it could go on the east side of the road course near the unused part of the straightaway past corner 2, between that and the dragstrip return road. It would make sure that the land doesn't get re-purposed as an airport

Plus, it's another thing for the neighbors to get up in arms about. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDuck View Post
    Actually a windfarm might make sense there....based on our experiences trying to keep the pit canopy from going all Mary Poppins on us....
    I don't know which would be worse for the neighbours.... a race track or a Wind-farm, probably both hated equally.

If they put a windmill up they could use it to supply power to the poles in the pits.......
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    I used to sell to a manufacturing company called ****. IN 2009 they went tits up and the CEO (and part owner) of the company led an MBO and bought the company fom the receivers within the week for pennies on the dollar, renamed the comapny ****2009 and carried on as though nothing had happened. Except that people who were owed money or product didn't get anything form the new money even though, on the outisde , it appeared to be the same entity.

When ownership changes so does liability. Pay for a TMP trackday today and potentially see TMP2012 tell you that your tracktime was a contract with the previous company and they aren't honouring it. That is what could happen.
    I had a similar experience, back in the early '90s. The company I worked (same one in my previous post) for went bankrupt. The owner, of the company, had managed to have himself listed as the first secured creditor, even over the banks. He was the only investor, to not lose anything. He turned around and bought the company back, from the receivers, for pennies on the dollar.

In other words the company never changed hands, but managed to divest itself of a sizable portion of its debts.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by R1Guy View Post
    I don't know which would be worse for the neighbours.... a race track or a Wind-farm, probably both hated equally.
    Or the odor from the washrooms

I know we are all just joking around, but a wind farm is actually already slated for Haldimand county....and, you guessed it....is being rigorously opposed by the residents.

http://haldimandwindconcerns.com/?page_id=2
    Last edited by YellowDuck; 12-19-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    It's never too late for a happy childhood...