My bike insurance is so cheap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My bike insurance is so cheap.

My bike insurance is so cheap.

Got my bike insured with jevco for about 1350 with for fire and theft. 2006 fz6.

Now in comparison to car insurance Jevco wanted $4500 a year for a over 25 clean record liability only.

I cant believe i am actually saying my bike insurance is cheap.

Re: My bike insurance is so cheap.

Mine as well with state farm.
    I pay $70/month for my F4i and $135/month for my Pathfinder. Both full coverage.

If your over 25 and have a clean record any bike will be cheaper then most cars.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Same $77/month or $925 a year with SF. Clean record and over 25. 2007 Gsxr 600

I just rented a 10 year old gmc safari van. costs 600 a month and seems like the cheaper way to go than pay these insurance crooks. only need a car for winter.

600 - 375 = leaving $225 a month budget for a work vehicle Maintenance / payments .

not much wiggle room if i buy and insure.

plus if i buy a winter beater I still have to store the dam thing or sell it after the winter.

I think I need to work on a sidecar or trailer build for my bike over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Mine as well with state farm.
    I pay $70/month for my F4i and $135/month for my Pathfinder. Both full coverage.

If your over 25 and have a clean record any bike will be cheaper then most cars.

which cars are cheaper than bikes.

I was quoted on a s10 pickup.

I was paying $95/mo for my ZX-10R. Full coverage.
    I am paying $140/mo for my '07 Edge. Full coverage.

$120/month for my 2010 GSXR600.
    $70/month for my '99 Civic Coupe.
    I'm 22 and clean record.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpTiger View Post
    which cars are cheaper than bikes.

I was quoted on a s10 pickup.
    Viffer has a table in a sticky in this section that lists the diferent variables for insurance ratings on cars.
    Mostly trucks and like Oldsmobiles are the cheapest, but they are still usually more expensive with bikes.
    Also different insurance companies have different rates, Couple years ago I was paying $52/month for insurance on my Prelude SR-V.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

I just rented a 10 year old gmc safari van. costs 600 a month and seems like the cheaper way to go than pay these insurance crooks. only need a car for winter.

600 - 375 = leaving $225 a month budget for a work vehicle Maintenance / payments .

not much wiggle room if i buy and insure.

plus if i buy a winter beater I still have to store the dam thing or sell it after the winter.

I think I need to work on a sidecar or trailer build for my bike over the winter.
    where can you rent for so cheap?
    1999 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Current)
    2010 Ninja 250R (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by elton_t View Post
    where can you rent for so cheap?
    Probably any of the rental places that ofer the $19.99/day deal, except there will most likely be a mileage charge that will eat up the rest of your savings.
    2001 CBR F4i

I just about flipped when they raised my insurance to $656/year.
    2000 Ninja 500R

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Probably any of the rental places that ofer the $19.99/day deal, except there will most likely be a mileage charge that will eat up the rest of your savings.
    no mileage charges. I used the van for a week racked up 2000 km and returned it. it only cost me 169 with taxes i believe. they just hold a security deposit in case you write it off or get tickets, tolls, ect.

You shouldn't compare an annual auto premium with an annual motorcycle premium, since a motorcycle is really only used from about May to October. If you want a more fair comparison of your bike and car premiums, you should double your bike premium.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Anyone in Scarborough getting these rates?

I feel I'm getting ripped only because of my Postal Code
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by nfq View Post
    I feel I'm getting ripped only because of my Postal Code
    It's not just you. It's various cities all over the province. For example if I moved to London, my insurance would be less then half for my 2 cars and bike. Trust me, I called for a quote last year and the only change would have been postal code. No other changes to the policy in terms of coverage or even distances traveled for work.
    2000 Ninja 500R

How cheaper would bike insurance be say, compared to living in Scarborough vs downtown?
    2007 Solar Yellow EX500

^^ Hey buddy, after 1994 they were called "Ninja's". Shameless plug, I know, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    How cheaper would bike insurance be say, compared to living in Scarborough vs downtown?
    Again, depends on the postal code. Even a postal code change within the same city can have an affect. Depends on where you live and the ratio of accidents in that area.
    2000 Ninja 500R

Definitely,I moved from brampton having the worst drivers therefore highest rates in ontario to oakville and my insurance rates dropped around 35%

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    You shouldn't compare an annual auto premium with an annual motorcycle premium, since a motorcycle is really only used from about May to October. If you want a more fair comparison of your bike and car premiums, you should double your bike premium.
    cool. ill do 1300 time 2 = $2600 i think i have to multiply by 4 or 5 to make it match up. i only rented the van when i saw the snow hit the ground

Hmmm. and i was quoted 6 k on a clean record. no experience.. I guess driving as a designated drier doesn't count if you don't pay with your blood in to the system first

no mileage charges. I used the van for a week racked up 2000 km and returned it. it only cost me 169 with taxes i believe. they just hold a security deposit in case you write it off or get tickets, tolls, ect.
    which company? im interested..... for real lol...
    1999 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Current)
    2010 Ninja 250R (Sold)