68 Triumph T100S.....

Thread: 68 Triumph T100S.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 68 Triumph T100S.....

Ive used these type fuse boxes on a few re-wires. The top row of connectors get a wire right down across all of them, connected to ignition switch, and gets a cover made from cutting a piece of fuel line to cover, and a couple dabs of black silicone keeps the cover in place. The cover is below frame rail height, so if the seat pan rubbers jump ship, the fuse box is still not being fouled.....then the various circuits- head/tail, ignition (the Boyer box is velcroed under the battery tray), horn and brake get their own fuse. A couple Bosch relays fit in there, the high/low relay goes in the headlight bucket...After a few years with old Brit bikes with a solitary fuse, this is much better. Im waiting on the sealed battery, I want to see how it fits in the holder. Have an oil filter and podtronics volt reg to site in there, too. Still waiting on steering head bearings and rod bearings....after rasping off unwanted powder coat from mating surfaces and bolting the frame up, I went around w/ a small brush & painted the nuts bolt heads, and washers, as the cad plating is long gone & they'll just rust up. Some of these fasteners are SAE, some are SAE head sizes, but BSF thread, and some the bolt heads are just strange. Iver had a 19/32 socket rattling around in my kit for 30 years, I finally used it. 14MM is good enough on another oddball size. Not Whitworth, either, just idiosyncratic brit stuff.....the fixing bolts for the headlight bucket ARE Whitworth- It a Lucas component- and they are guarded most jealously. They were chewed up from "PO's using the wrong wrench on the chronically loosening bolt heads, I took a file to them and now they are 9/16. Rubber shock absorber biscuits, cut to fit, will keep it immobile once tightened. Its gonna be pretty damn sharp at the end of it all.....
    Last edited by Mutt; 01-29-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Re: 68 Triumph T100S.....

Update for February 3rd 2012

front forks and bearings installed , lots of wiring work done.

Last edited by codemonk; 02-03-2012 at 06:06 PM.