tire change help

Thread: tire change help

tire change help

hello,

can anyone point me in the right direction? i'm looking for a place in and around york region that can do a tire change on my CRF230L

ideally i'd like it to be somewhere/someone who has experience with dual sports, because i don't want the rim to end up bent by someone who treats it like a regular MC wheel

the tires on the bike now are the original trailwings and i've bought a set of michelin T63s (90/90-21 and 130/80-1 as replacements

i just started riding this year and i haven't really got the confidence yet to take the wheels off myself

any insight would be greatly appreciated

thank you!

Re: tire change help

hmmm, seems to be mixed reviews with most tire change services on this forum if you search for your request. Personally I would recommend GP Bikes in Whitby. I have heard good things about Markham Outdoor Power, they may be closer to you and they are a Honda dealer. I can't imagine taking the wheels off your bike would be terribly complicated. Search google to see if you can download a service manual for free or become a member here http://www.crfsonly.com/forum/index.php and ask if anyone has one.

Re: tire change help

If you haven't had them done by this time - check out Motorcycle City in Richmond Hill. John is a long time professional and a former sidecar racer, he takes his time and is familiar with almost all things motorcycle. If there is an issue before he starts he will tell you also if something occurs while doing a service he will inform you of it - he is straight up and won't do you wrong.

John Daley 905-787-0640 he ownes the shop.

Pete