City council voting on getting rid of free parking for motorcycles today

Thread: City council voting on getting rid of free parking for motorcycles today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: We might lose free parking in Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    How does one prove they had paid? Other than the receipt that gets printed to be displayed on the vehicle I never get anything to prove I put coins in the machine. Am I missing something?
    Half of the printed receipt is to be put on the dash, the other half is your proof of purchase. You're supposed to tear your half and keep it with you.

So... Anybody going to thank the mayor?

Quote Originally Posted by soto View Post
    Half of the printed receipt is to be put on the dash, the other half is your proof of purchase. You're supposed to tear your half and keep it with you.

So... Anybody going to thank the mayor?
    Like republicans in the states, people are very misinformed in this board. It's like they hear something on fox and they believe it. Ford has nothing to do with this.

Is this counselor not caring about the revenue the city will lose from cars that normally would have paid for a parking ticket but now will just pick it up from a bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    Like republicans in the states, people are very misinformed in this board. It's like they hear something on fox and they believe it. Ford has nothing to do with this.

Is this counselor not caring about the revenue the city will lose from cars that normally would have paid for a parking ticket but now will just pick it up from a bike?
    Rightly or wrongly, Michael Del Grande is seen as Rob Ford's hatchetman. He seems to be the real driving force behind it, as Wong-Tam merely seconded the motion.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Until he himself doesn't come out supporting this, I am inclined to think this is a counselor trying to do something stupid due to lack of information or just plain stupidity.

Rightly or wrongly, Michael Del Grande is seen as Rob Ford's hatchetman. He seems to be the real driving force behind it, as Wong-Tam merely seconded the motion.
    Last edited by ZX600; 11-30-2011 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by Sussed View Post
    That's far more inaccurate than I've come to expect, from CBC. I sent them an email with corrections to their inaccurate statements, and there was a lot of very wrong information in that piece, but I hold little hope for corrections.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde