Non-existent ownership

Thread: Non-existent ownership

Non-existent ownership

So I was browsing Kijiji last week and saw this neat little bike that I picked up for $1200 bucks. It's a 1986 Yamaha BW200. Basically a 2 wheeled ATV. Everything works great and the seller was really helpful. Trouble is no ownership came with the bike. Seller said I would have to go to the Ministry/court and solemly swear under oath that it's not stolen in order for me to get a new ownership. Seller gave me a bill of sale with all of his info and the VIN is clearly legible. He had it for 8 years after buying it from an old farmer guy. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance....
    '08 Ducati Hypermotard
    '86 Yamaha BW200

Re: Non-existent ownership

there is a thread on this forum of what you need to do, the seller doesnt need to do anything, you need to get an afidavit, swear that you tried to find the previous owner, and some other stuff, do search, there is even

heres a copy word for word of what i used when i did mine,

Affidavit

I, MY NAME of CITY I LIVE hereby swear that I am the legal and rightful owner of a BIKE MAKE AND MODEL Off-road vehicle bearing VIN # DUH

I purchased this vehicle from GUY PURCHASED FROM of WHERE HE LIVES on DATE for the sum of $.

The previous owner had never registered this vehicle, and therefore did not have any ownership papers to sign over to me at the time of sale. Attempts have been made to contact the previous owner, those attempts have been unsuccessful.

thats it, go to any notary and get it noterized, and go the MTO walk out wiht ownership and plate

Re: Non-existent ownership

Sounds easy enough, thanks. Will try today.
    '08 Ducati Hypermotard
    '86 Yamaha BW200