Cancellation notice for State Farm

Thread: Cancellation notice for State Farm

Cancellation notice for State Farm

I've tried searching here, google.....I'm stumped.

I've got a policy with State Farm for 2 cars, house and bike. All of them have different re-newel dates......so is it 4 different policies?
    Also, I've gotten a quote from another insurance company that is over $1,300/year cheaper which I would like to switch to.
    Does State Farm have a cancellation fee? Will I be charged this fee 4 different times for each of the policies? (If I do have 4 separate policies...)
    Does State Farm need a certain amount of notice (ie 30 days, 45 days...) for cancellation?

I've called the State Farm office I deal with and was told by the girl who answered the phone that all they need is a letter stating the date I wish to have the coverage stopped, but she didn't mention anything about any fees. Will I be horribly surprised?

Cheers
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

Re: Cancellation notice for State Farm

Fee's should only apply to your bike in which there is a sticky at the top of this section and you can work out if you owe money or will receive some back. You can cancel insurance anytime for car or house with no penalty from what they told me when I asked about adding a winter beater.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Fee's should only apply to your bike in which there is a sticky at the top of this section and you can work out if you owe money or will receive some back. You can cancel insurance anytime for car or house with no penalty from what they told me when I asked about adding a winter beater.
    Thanks Jeff.
    I knew about the bike....I should have mentioned that. My re-newel date for the bike is April, so I still owe them money on that.... It was the rest of the stuff I wasn't sure about.
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

You are best off giving your agent a specific cancellation date, and asking them what your amount owing would be should you decide to cancel.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I usually switch at the renewal date if it is not too far off then it is clear and easy.