Sherry's new motorcycle - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sherry's new motorcycle

Re: Sherry's new motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by W8INLINE View Post
    I don't understand some people... you make a video on a bike you just bought and you post it on a motorcycle forum, and people have a problem with it....????~!!!!!
    Nothing personal

If Sherry would post HER own emotions about HER new bike, that would be much more interesting, then looking RR's vids about sky and grass.

Quote Originally Posted by slogan View Post
    Nothing personal

If Sherry would post HER own emotions about HER new bike, that would be much more interesting, then looking RR's vids about sky and grass.
    It won't matter, you guys would still rip it apart for some reason or another. I've come to the conclusion that posting just above anything here, video or not, will attract a few ahoos. I'm still gonna post though

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

Motorcycle Group: CLICK HERE | My Distractions: CLICK HERE | I Saw You: CLICK HERE

04 VFR800 (Current)
    11 CBR250R (Current - Wife's)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

^ Good entertainment is priceless these days, please don't stop posting!
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    Uncalled for...
    +2

Rodney, I agree that the lowering kit cost for the bike at $500 is a bit large considering the ratio to the cost of the bike itself but the added confidence of being able to be flat footed is worth it too. I love the CBR250R it fits a large market and it is a good choice for Sherry, congrats and enjoy. Next year maybe we head out for that coffee? BTW, is that shot in the parking lot at Notre Dame?

^ Def. Notre Dame!
    Are we all living in the same 2 KM radius or what!?
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    ^ Def. Notre Dame!
    Are we all living in the same 2 KM radius or what!?
    ND is about 7 km from my house. Chose against it when deciding on a high school for my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    Next year maybe we head out for that coffee? BTW, is that shot in the parking lot at Notre Dame?
    You should join our private motorcycle group, link in my signature. We've been doing group rides the last few weekends and planning one for this weekend.

Yea, Notre Damn lot.

Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

Motorcycle Group: CLICK HERE | My Distractions: CLICK HERE | I Saw You: CLICK HERE

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    ND is about 7 km from my house. Chose against it when deciding on a high school for my kids.
    Only 1KM away from us.

We have two kids... Why are you deciding against it?

Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyBR View Post
    Only 1KM away from us.

We have two kids... Why are you deciding against it?

I don't want to get into a faith debate so I will tell you that faith wasn't the primary reason but it did play a role in the decision. We did pretty exhausting research and then left the choice to our daughter. ND is an incredibly strict school with good reason. The kids are constantly rebelling against all the rules, which are outlined in the first 32 pages of a students agenda. I feel that as kids are growing, so should their responsibilities and their ability to be held accountable. More rules = more rebellion. Treat kids like young adults and they behave like young adults. ND seems to work against my belief of this. I know of many kids going to or that have already graduated from ND and their high school career is always summed up as mundane.

These are fundamental years and given that my kids are not artistically, academically or athletically gifted then the choice is the public or catholic school board or private school but I am not financially gifted and I have 3 kids! The local public school offers so much more than ND could offer. They have far better funding because the enrollment is high. The ratio of students to teachers is better than acceptable and the faculty genuinely cares. We did the tour at ND an spoke with many of the faculty, it almost seemed that it was painful for them to be there.

The elective course choices at the local public school are far greater as well. This is where the faith bit comes into play. Although I have my faith I am also a realist. I don't want my kids to be forced to take 4 religion credits when they could take 4 elective credits that form their lives. I know that my kids will be bored to tears during religion courses so why bother putting them through it when they can take a course that is of interest. ALL the kids I spoke to say they use the religion class time to take a nap or get caught up on assignments for other classes. I want my kids to have the choice and ND doesn't offer that choice.

So far the local public school is proving to be a great decision. My eldest is in grade 9 and her grades have never been so good. The faculty is active and communicative. They encourage the kids to approach them and they are pleased when the kids take advantage of the opportunity.

Sorry, I know I am verbose, but you asked and education is important, blah, blah, blah.

edit: BTW, our local public school choice is not the one attached to ND. That's another issue altogether. You are in the regional boundary for Pickering High so you may want to compare ND to Pickering High when making your choice.
    Last edited by JZ67; 11-23-2011 at 07:54 PM.

^Ahh. Good to know. Thx for posting such a detailed response.

Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Wow i don't understand the hater posts. It's the 'multimedia section' on a motorcycle forum, and they post videos relating to their motorcycles, and their enjoyment of them. If you don't like their vids stop clicking on them, but there is no need to post ignorant comments about them. Geez.. Anyway thanks for the vid Rod and Sherry nice bike

Congrats Orangepeel on the new bike. I love the look of it. Girl I'd be giving Rodney crap for forcing you to upgrade by not taking you out on his rides cause he thinks you couldn't keep up on your dual sport. If he's not breaking any laws your dual sport should have been fine for his private group rides. Stay safe and go at your own pace. Don't feel intimidated by the faster people and if they wanna go fast let them. They should be waiting for you at the next stop.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

"You tell...and I will smack you like a bad, bad donkey, okay?"- Pepe Prawn

Nah, it's all good . Love the t dub to bits and it was ok for beating around the neighbourhood, but after taking Rod's 650 for a spin, I knew that it was time to move on. So this little 250 came up for sale at just the right time. So I get an extra 50ccs, and the sport bike look I've been dying for all wrapped up on one cute red neat little package .

Hubby knows me too well, and I'm not the type to exceed my limits just to run with the pack. I weigh the pros n cons based on my noobiness, and if it exceeds my skill level, I opt to 2up and drink in whatever info I can from that experience .

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki911 View Post
    Congrats Orangepeel on the new bike. I love the look of it. Girl I'd be giving Rodney crap for forcing you to upgrade by not taking you out on his rides cause he thinks you couldn't keep up on your dual sport. If he's not breaking any laws your dual sport should have been fine for his private group rides. Stay safe and go at your own pace. Don't feel intimidated by the faster people and if they wanna go fast let them. They should be waiting for you at the next stop.
    Last edited by Orangepeel; 11-24-2011 at 07:29 AM.
    < Me

My Ride: 2011 CBR250R. Thank you, Santa, for the early Christmas gift. Being naughty has its benefits !
    My Hubby: RodneyBR

Previous/Current Stablemates:
    06 Yamaha TW200 - First bike memories.
    06 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (Hubby's bike...sold)
    04 VFR800 (Hubby's new ride)

Cool, it just didn't sound right how he explained it at the end of the vid. As long as you wern't pressured and you really wanted it.

PS nice signature.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Thank-you =)

Quote Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
    Nah, it's all good . Love the t dub to bits and it was ok for beating around the neighbourhood, but after taking Rod's 650 for a spin, I knew that it was time to move on. So this little 250 came up for sale at just the right time. So I get an extra 50ccs, and the sport bike look I've been dying for all wrapped up on one cute red neat little package .

Hubby knows me too well, and I'm not the type to exceed my limits just to run with the pack. I weigh the pros n cons based on my noobiness, and if it exceeds my skill level, I opt to 2up and drink in whatever info I can from that experience .
    Well said. Good for you and as they say, ride your own ride.
    2000 Ninja 500R

"You tell...and I will smack you like a bad, bad donkey, okay?"- Pepe Prawn

!

Thanks bunches. LoL, ya, my sig...um, ya....heheheheh... .

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki911 View Post
    Cool, it just didn't sound right how he explained it at the end of the vid. As long as you wern't pressured and you really wanted it.

PS nice signature.
    < Me

My Ride: 2011 CBR250R. Thank you, Santa, for the early Christmas gift. Being naughty has its benefits !
    My Hubby: RodneyBR

Previous/Current Stablemates:
    06 Yamaha TW200 - First bike memories.
    06 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (Hubby's bike...sold)
    04 VFR800 (Hubby's new ride)

I'm a hater and I'm hating so much right now

Quote Originally Posted by key3thermal View Post
    I'm a hater and I'm hating so much right now
    *hugs*
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Thank-you =)

nice choice...congrats