Is it possible to pay a convicted parking ticket for someone else?

Thread: Is it possible to pay a convicted parking ticket for someone else?

Is it possible to pay a convicted parking ticket for someone else?

My sister over the course of a year has accumulated 2 parking tickets on my Dad's car which she simply didn't pay, and of course a conviction was given (she now resides in Buffalo for schooling). My father's license plate sticker is going to expire soon. She's ask if I could pay the 2 tickets for her before my dad renews the sticker.

My question is...is this even possible? I thought after a certain period, the fines are linked to the license plate. Or can I call Toronto Parking, get the conviction numbers and pay them online somehow? Or can I even do this in person? I mean, I am giving them money, or would they need my father's drivers license?

Quote Originally Posted by jameschang View Post
    My sister over the course of a year has accumulated 2 parking tickets on my Dad's car which she simply didn't pay, and of course a conviction was given (she now resides in Buffalo for schooling). My father's license plate sticker is going to expire soon. She's ask if I could pay the 2 tickets for her before my dad renews the sticker.

My question is...is this even possible? I thought after a certain period, the fines are linked to the license plate. Or can I call Toronto Parking, get the conviction numbers and pay them online somehow? Or can I even do this in person? I mean, I am giving them money, or would they need my father's drivers license?
    Your dad can pay them when renewing the sticker, or have him give you a letter allowing you to do that (I think) maybe someone else can confirm.
    2009 Yamaha V Star 650 Midnight Custom

Re: Is it possible to pay a convicted parking ticket for someone else?

They don't care who pays it, as long as someone does. You just need the ticket number.

Quote Originally Posted by jameschang View Post
    The ticket is automatically linked to the license plate when it's issued. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to just phone it in and pay with your credit card although there will be a late fee.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Also there is a ******** online convenience fee. Not sure if phone is the same way,

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    Also there is a ******** online convenience fee. Not sure if phone is the same way,
    Its some kind of "administration fee" and it was like a buck or 2 so I just paid it online.

it is $1.50 i always go and pay in person, save $1.5 lol

but i think the late fees + say a $30 ticket would cost $60, about double the amount.
    1999 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Current)
    2010 Ninja 250R (Sold)

Late fee is $15 and online fee is $1.5

Your ticket would be $46.5 paid online with conviction/"late".

Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    Late fee is $15 and online fee is $1.5

Your ticket would be $46.5 paid online with conviction/"late".
    Well since you have to pay the $15 anyways.... $1.50 isn't a bad deal. You probably use $1.50 in gas just getting to the place depending where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    Well since you have to pay the $15 anyways.... $1.50 isn't a bad deal. You probably use $1.50 in gas just getting to the place depending where you live.
    I always pay the $1.50 online. My time and fuel charge is not worth taking time off work and lineup to pay a parking ticket.